New: Master Volume plugin

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Russ, Mar 30, 2007.

1. dj-gutz

dj-gutz New Member

hehe this config isn't too complicated

ill try a setup with just src and kxlt and see what happens next time im in the car..

the gain is 100% not the problem as it was just added couple of days ago

about applying the master volume at the end i would have to use the modified version
    its not a problem but i only found out that the option to use more outputs is so easy few days ago

i don't understand why you think the load order of the plugins is random
    src -> crossovers -> phase -> gain -> eq -> time alignment -> output

it was even more organized but i changed some stuff recently and haven't got the chance to re-organize it..

i did restarted kxmixer ( quit and entered kxmixer shortcut )
    but ill try your way and see what happens :)

so ill post some results here today/tomorrow

thanks man :)

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I do not mean how they are connected (only). I am referring to the load order, which is (generally) indicated by the numbers in the brackets (if you frequently unload/insert plugins, then it is hard to tell what the load order is). Note: The load order indicates the order that each plugin's code gets executed.

e.g.
    One path of your config goes something like:
    [1] -> [22] -> [9] -> [2] -> [11] -> [16] -> [14] -> [19] -> [6] -> [3]

That is what I am referring to when I say it looks random.

BTW: I am not saying that is the problem either, it is just an observation, but configs created like this can have unexpected side effects (with no obvious cause).

Look at this generic DSP config, and note how any plugin that takes it's signal from another plugin has it's load order greater than all of the plugins that are feeding it.

Does that cause the issue, or does it only happen when rebooting? That is what I wanted to know... The --startup thing (which is what is used during a reboot) is only if restarting kxmixer normally does not cause the issue. I am just wondering if you have a sure fire way to recreate the problem without having to reboot.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  3. dj-gutz

dj-gutz New Member

ok got some closure info :)

the --startup did recreate the problem without having to reboot
    this gave me a big advantage on testing what causing the problem

after a couple of tests i found out that the Timebalancev2 light ( even when it was on bypass ) was causing this to happen
    no idea why but since im using the asio setup ( im really hoping the asio hibernating issue will be fixed soon + profx will be released for 3548 ) from now on i don't care that much

thanks again for all your help russ :)

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updated info :)

Timebalancev2 light really shouldn't have any issues either (assuming that it's parent plugin generated good code (valid iTram addresses)... I did some quick tests and didn't see any problems), but...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Added 3548 (x64) version.

Note: It is untested as I have no 64 bit platform to test with.

6. alalalwasa

alalalwasa New Member

is this plugin incompatible with vista win7

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I do not know... Does kX's 'Master Volume' work for you with your keyboard MM keys in those OS's. If it does not, then this plugin will not work either.

8. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

I'm trying to use the Master Volume plug in in Win 7 64 Bit, and I downloaded the x64 version. I was wondering where is the Master Volume Companion?

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It should be included in the zip file that you downloaded. You probably forgot to register it (it is a .da plugin, separate from the .kxl (so that you can edit it to do what you want, etc)). Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  10. thomasabarnes

Hi Russ:

Firstly, Let me say that your Master Volume plug in works great!

Secondly, the Master Volume Companion was not in the MasterVol_3548_x64.zip I download from the kX Stuff site .

I had a copy of MasterVol_3539 I kept from back when I used to use kX, and I got the Master Volume Companion from that zip.

I registered the Master Volume plug in and the Companion, and I'm glad to report they are working great, because a couple plug ins included with the x64 version of 3550 are crashing my PC (namely the Basic Gain plug in and the St Vol plug in upon double clicking on any one of those) requiring a restart or even a system restore to recover from the crash.

Great work by you, Russ, and thanks for it!

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hmm, I am confused :confused:.

When I download that file, I see the companion plugin in there.

Also, I just noticed that the x64 link is broken (fixed now) and links to the x86 version of the plugin, so I wonder what version you are using (I think maybe you have a cached version or something (you probably downloaded it previously from my old geocities site))?

12. thomasabarnes

Awl man, Russ. LOL

Before you fixed that link. I downloaded the file it gave me when I clicked on the MasterVol_3548_x64 link. That was MasterVol_3548x86. I was wondering about the x86 I saw in that file name. I registered the Master Volume.kxl from that zip, and I used the Master Volume Companion from MasterVol_3539 I downloaded a year or so ago. I had no problem with those plug ins working.

I just went and downloaded the x64 version of the Master Volume since you fixed the link, and now I see the Companion and a reg file in the zip with the Master Volume.kxl.

I'm gonna register the x64 version and see how it works.

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hehe... But still, the x86 version included the companion plugin too...
    That should be MasterVol_3548_x86.zip, so again, it is probably from an older link.

Also, I am not sure how the x86 version worked with Win7 x64? Still confused :D

14. thomasabarnes

OK, I used the unreg_MasterVol to unreg the x86 version of Master Volume I had registered, then I registered the x64 version and used that with the Master Volume Companion I got from MasterVol_3539 zip I download a year or so ago.

No problems. The plug in and companion is working fine as I stated in one of my posts above.

EDIT:

OK Links removed.

15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

OK, thanks for letting me know, as I wasn't even sure if it would work with Windows 7, never mind Windows 7 x64. (though I am still confused that the x86 (32 bit version) worked for you).

16. thomasabarnes

Before you fixed that link. the zip file I downloaded from clicking on that link only had the Master Volume.kxl file.

It's no problem, now because you fixed the link so the download not only has the correct x 64 version, but the companion and unreg file.

17. thomasabarnes

Well, seeing you had to fix the link, maybe you just named the x64 version MasterVol_3548_x86.zip by mistake, yet the true x64 version of the Master Volume.kxl was in the misnamed .zip. I don't know, but it did work.:D

Cya around.

18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No, that is not it. The file is still there (I did not add or remove any files, just fixed the x64 link) and can still be downloaded from the x86 link (the broken x64 link pointed there).

The one without the companion plugin is from the old the geocities site (and was named MasterVol_3548x86.zip).

In any case, it is not important. I am glad that it is working for you. Thanks again for trying it and reporting back :)

19. netguy

netguy New Member

thanks for the new plugin!

20. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Your welcome, though it is not exactly new any more (made in 2007) :D