new metallica song - day that never comes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

:confused:
    I certainly did, just as I said, it has to grow on you.
    I does sound like some older material.
    not bad, just very recognizable.

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Not bad, much better than the "metal country" of the last 8 years. Sounds like it could have been on "the black album". You can tell their getting older though, the drums aren't quite at poppy and the guitar isn't quite as intricate.

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

you know, I lift to certain metallica songs
    and I do aerobic to certain metallica songs.
    but the older metallica, is most fondly remembered from
    the adult entertainment clubs in Canada and Korea and Thailand.
    It seems that no matter where you go, there is a pole dancer entertaining to the rapturous harmonies of Metallica and of course, a brass plated pole, LOL
    I want to something new from Megadeth soon, but that is another thread I suppose.

4. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

Sounds kinda like they tried to reinvent Fade to Black. Its listenable but its too simple for metallica. they also need to use their old equipment, it sounds like they inherited rage against the machines instruments.

5. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

I am not a fan of Lars either the whiny lil biatch :rofl:

This tune sounds like older stuff and sounds good :cool:

6. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i beats the hell out of saint anger, ill say that much.

i used to be a huge metalica fan, but i dunno, this new stuff seems to be something that resembles the old stuff, but its just missing something. the last CD of theirs that i really liked was S&M. ill probably piss off a lot of people by saying this, but i still think S&M is some of the best symphonic metal out there. maybe it had to do with having the San Francisco orchestra playing with them.

7. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

I understand they are getting older. I am too. Still, their first 5 albums rocked and everything that has come after that has failed to impress me. The first five albums kicked my ass right from the first note, they didn't have to "grow on me" for me to like them.

I remember way-back-when I was at a park with some friends and I had my boombox blasting out the old radio station called Z-Rock. "The Four Horsemen" came on and I was like, "Who is that? I'm buying their album!" That tune kicked my ass from the very first moment I heard it. And I did just what I said I would do. I bought every album they produced (and loved them) up to and including the black album. But with the black album, I noticed a disturbing change.....their music was starting to lose the intensity. I haven't bought any of their albums since. Oh, I have them all, I just haven't "bought" them, if you know what I mean.

Day That Never Comes sounds like they were trying to do fan service to their original fans, but it just doesn't have that special sound to it. The catchy rhythms they used to come up with just aren't there anymore. The raw rending sound of the distortion seems muted.

It used to be that there was only a song or two per album that I didn't like, now it's quite the opposite....there is only a song or two per album that I do like....if I like any of the tunes at all. As far as I'm concerned, their music took a turn for the worse the day Cliff Burton died. For me, their last great album was ....And Justice For All. I think Cliff Burton was the true heart of the band.

The intensity that used to flow from their fingertips is gone and just sounds forced now. I think they are drowning in their own fame and fortune anymore and are just producing albums for the sole purpose of making money, not for the love of metal they once had.

The day they covered "Turn the Page" was the day any last vestiges of faith I had for them died. I mean that was a freakin' country song for god's sake! NO! NO! NO! DO NOT WANT!

Metallica, the TRUE Metallica, is dead to me now.

8. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

I was shocked at first, i was lookin for something different i guess. BUT after hearing it a few times, yes its a pretty kickazz song.

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I would download the content of the next album if there were good workout songs on it, otherwise..but I am more interested in anything by Megadeth, or Paul Rogers, Frank Marino, Satch, Dream Theater, Brian May, Jimmy Page...
    you get the picture.

10. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Ah, a man after my own heart.

11. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

hey im the biggest rock blues fan myself as most of you know (especially like the guitar players like brian may, joe satriani and most of the other rock gods)...... however, I was always known to be very anti metallica on DH, I remember a guy even emailed me saying I sucked ass and that metallic were awesome.

Havent liked anything metallica put out in a long time but this single is great, so hey no more emails ;)

12. Mourgolikos

Mourgolikos Active Member

An amazing song after many years!
    It's a must-listening to!

13. HardwareHeaven

14. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Did this 'email guy' threaten you, give you the heebie-jeebies or freak you out in some way? It's just that now you're like...erm...yes...you're like Metalica's Sales & Promotion Manager all rolled into one!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

16. HardwareHeaven

Hey he started sending me Metallica dvds and Cds in the mail, im hoping if I post this he stops :)

Anyway I need to do my bit to help Lars get his 12th Mansion.....

17. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

I really like the song; it's their best in a long time. And it's nice to hear hammett actually contribute to a song, unlike the whole st anger album :p

18. HardwareHeaven

another good one up today

"A bigger Taste Of Death"

I might actually like this album !

Metallica.com

19. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

is this a proper air guitar album or rather more like a driving or workout album Allan. :confused:

20. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Now that's one new song more of my liking... :evil: