New Mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BONEHEAD, May 25, 2003.

1. BONEHEAD

BONEHEAD New Member

Just upgraded my my mobo got Msi KT2 Combo and a new xp 2400+ O/C to 2800+ 2250 ghz and running at 111f 120f full load $160 at Google Gear. I'm afraid to push it any further. I decided to build mykids a computer w/ myold mobo.:D

2. Renegade[CSR]

Renegade[CSR] New Member

Nice overclock you have there. Your temps are a tad high though for your cpu. I'm pretty sure you could get about 6-8 degrees lower with another hsf. Which one are you currently using?

3. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

KT2 Combo-L KT266A / VT8235 motherboard... Nice chipsets for the day, but, I am wondering why you went with that old of a chipset design. I agree with Renegade, the temps are a bit high.

4. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

BONEHEAD, nice overclock and nice rig (10,000RPM SCSI!!), but you gotta ditch that Dragon Orb! Go to NewEgg and grab a Vantec AeroFlow or a Thermalright SK-7-- both can be had for about $30 shipped.

Well, that's what I'd recommend, at least. ;)

5. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

Yea i agree too he should get a new hsf, probly the thermalright sk7, its darn good. But if your mobo doesnt have those holes around the socket, too bad :(. Thermaltake is good too, or atleast i think so. I got a volcano 9 with a ducting mod and i idle around 30c, and 34c load.

6. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

Agreed! Get rid of the dragon orb...