New motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Blazer, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

I need some advice, My motherboard died a couple of days ago, and I am on a tight budget these days. (hours have been cut back at work, but that is a different story)
    I was wondering if I should pick up an Asus P4P800 for 150$ Canadian, or an Abit IS7 for 120$ to replace my dead P4C800?
    Or perhaps I should wait about a month and get a new AMD processor and motherboard?
    If so, then what motherboard will handle 4 hard drives, 3 optical drives, an AGP graphics card, and 1 gig of ddr ram?

2. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Hmm, well to put thing's a life perspective if you're hours are being cut back. I would just replace the motherboard. The P4P800 is a great board (I used to have one), but I have no experience with the IS7.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I have an ABIT IC7-G. I think the IS-7 is very comparable. In my system I have the following:

Soyo 400W PSU; 1 GB Corsair Matched Pair Dual Channel 3200; ATi X800 XL 256 MB;1 CDRW; 1 DVDRW; 2 160 GB SATA HDD; 2 IDE HDD; Several USB 2.0 devices including Intel PC Camera; Logitech Wingman Gamepad; UMAX USB Scanner, and a Multi Memory Card Reader.

I like ABIT and have been using them for several years.

4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

between the ASUS P4P800 and the ABIT IS7, i would choose the ASUS board. It simply seems to have alot more features over the ABIT board you have chosen to compare.

5. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

I thank you very much for the feedback, I have made up my mind, and I will be purchasing the Asus P4P800 Deluxe, apparently it is almost the same as the P4C800 Deluxe that it will be replacing but without the Intel PAT technology.

6. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

cool. glad we could help man :)

7. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Good choice. I'm running the P4P800E-Deluxe and it's awesome. You mentioned having four hard drives however, and this board only has two SATA and two IDE connectors so I hope you'll be able to hook up.