New nvidia Omega Drivers 1.4072 for 2k/XP

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Long time, but they are finally out after some heavy game testing, the new release of the Omega Drivers for nvidia cards.

What's new?

* Based in the 40.72 Official Drivers. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

* Changed my version number of the drivers to better reflect
    which nvidia drivers they are based on. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

* New control panel extensions included. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

* Various settings modified to conform to new menu options. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

***IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!***
    When installing the 2k/XP drivers you will receive a message asking for a missing file called "NVRSENG.dll", just SKIP the file, I removed that file intentionally since it was causing explorer errors when opening the Windows Control Panel in some computers, the file is NOT necesary (just a help DLL file), it's just that I forgot to remove it from the INF file.

Head over to my site for the download.

Enjoy,
    Omegadrive

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Wheeee!!!!

Something new to play with! Thanks Omegadrive, I'm really liking your latest dets since I figured out how to install the "performance" mode. KILLER speed for me! :)

3. @dek

@dek Techconnect Owner

4. BOB050082

BOB050082 New Member

hmm.....not sure if its just me, but when installing, the installer gets to the point where it is "registering fonts" and stops installing. The progress bar does not move, and nothing happens. All the files however (not sure about fonts) are located in the designated folder.

[Edit] Nevermind, all it needed was a restart (d0h)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2002
  5. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Why 40.72?
    Why not 41.09?

6. NightCrawler

NightCrawler New Member

yeah why not the 41.09 drivers since the 40.72 s***s and does a kind of mouse lockup everytime explorer is used (well in my case anyway) which i had no problem with using 41.09 + a better and more stabil performance.

7. Omegadrive

Hopefully the 41.09's will be next, but right now I'm reading and collecting information about them in different forums, and so far they are slower than the 40.72 (or so I have heard) and have some small problems, I'll download them later and give them a try.

Please be patient, this is NOT a fulltime job :duh:

8. rkollman

rkollman New Member

Links 2003 Rendering Issue

I have been usind the previous release of the Omega Drivers for my Inspiron 8100 with the Nvidia GeForce 2 - 32 MB Card. I used the MX/MX 400 and these fixed the screen freezes and rendering in Links 2003 Golf works great. I tried the latest drivers and now the rendering is slow and makes the game unplayable. I went back to the previous Omega's... excellent... Any assistance would be appreciated..... I know I'm just matching up similar drivers, but this worked fine with the previous Omega's.... thanks

9. MATRIXAD

MATRIXAD New Member

41.09 suck big time

ive tried the 40.72 which are great except for the tv out so curently i'm using the 41.04's which kick ass for me i tried the 41.09 and i found several new games locked rallysport challenge
    battlefeild 1942 ect. also graphics had bad glitches. i'm useng a creative ge force 4 4400 ti. as i say with the 41.04 no lockups great graphics speed and tv out works great even with a refresh program installed.:rolleyes: :D :D :D

10. WARPAQ32

WARPAQ32 New Member

Set Up Cannot Find nvrsend.dll - HELP ?

I did everything like the "how to install" says.. I get this error towards the end "Setup Cannot Find nvrseng.dll" Then gives me the option to search for it. -- Did you forget a file ? ;/ I could not find it..

11. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Re: Set Up Cannot Find nvrsend.dll - HELP ?

***IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!***
    When installing the 2k/XP drivers you will receive a message asking for a missing file called "NVRSENG.dll", just SKIP the file, I removed that file intentionally since it was causing explorer errors when opening the Windows Control Panel in some computers, the file is NOT necesary (just a help DLL file), it's just that I forgot to remove it from the INF file.

12. SpikeSpiegel

SpikeSpiegel New Member

Re: Set Up Cannot Find nvrsend.dll - HELP ?

if you read Omega's edited post you will know that you can just skip it. ;)

13. reno

reno Painlord of Ichor

dg

If anyone has WinXP, baldurs gate 2, and runs it in 3d accelerated mode with an Nvidia card newer than the geforce 3...let me know if it works, cause then I'll download these.

14. SabrWolf

SabrWolf New Member

for some weird reason any driver based on anything higher than 23.11 makes my comp freeze

using a gf3ti200 :hmm:

15. NightCrawler

NightCrawler New Member

well i dont know about others but my 40.72 whql drivers lock my mouse cursor randomly but when using 41.09 which also is whql things run perfectly so i hope yuo'll consider this when releasing new ones.

16. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

I believe the 41.09s are WHQL candidates, but not actually certified as of yet.

17. Louie6666

Louie6666 Just One Sick-Lizard

Re: Re: Set Up Cannot Find nvrsend.dll - HELP ?

Doh Now you tell me, guess who thought, he'd be a smarty pants & copy the file over & now has a crashing display settings...lol

18. DaEnigma

DaEnigma New Member

Could you add the rest of the refresh rates from the default inf file I get a max of 120hz on all modes...

19. BWX

BWX get out and ride

What's the deal with these Omega drivers? I just don't get it, are they just 3rd party drivers that are tweaked from the originals? How are they better? Do they have extra features or somethin? I am curious- I like the new 41.09's because of the image quality- the digital vibrane in particular is outstanding and makes my games pop off the screen and makes my OS and everything else on the monitor look amazing. I want to know if these are worth trying out, and if they improve IQ/performance , how they do it.

I went to the website, but it crashed when I downloaded a picture and it acts kinda funny (cursur hourglass goes nuts) so I didn't go back there.- I am interested though. Any detailed info on these would be helpfull, thanks-

20. Omegadrive

DaEnigma, What nvidia card do you have?

BWX232. These are pre-tweaked drivers, same as nvidia ones, but with added internal tweaks and new resolutions, also the image quality is improved if you choose to use the quality setting when installing.
    Does my site crash, What browser are you using and what version?
    I have only tested my site with IE, Nestscape and Mozilla, any other browser is unsupported.