New Nvidia Omegas Dont work on My open GL Games

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by molly, Jul 15, 2004.

1. molly

molly New Member

Hi, Im not New to omegadrivers or driver heaven But I am new to the forums so Id Like to say hello Firstly..

ok down to the real Post:

I recently Upgrade My Motherboard to a GA 7N400 Pro2 rev 2.0 and everything was running nicely till I started getting "Infinite Looping error" on My ATI 9600 pro, Vpu recover Kept Kicking in on 2D applications randomly.. ( strange it didnt happen Much In 3D ) I could reproduce this error easily With Burnin test On 2D, I tried changing to all forms of drivers and many different versions of omega's, cat's and the like, all to no avail. This led me to believe it was a hardware problem with the card so as it was still Under warranty i took it back to get sent of the the Repair or replace Guys. In the meantime I had no VPU so I grabbed a cheap Winfast FX5200 to use while I waited for the card to be fixed/replaced. Anyways I tested out the card on Burnin test and I did not get the same error, Only a nice performance Loss.. which i fully understood due the the cheapness and processor speed of the FX5200, But alas this was not the end of My problems.. I wanted to Play neverwinter nIghts because alot of my friends said it was a great game ( and cheap to Buy these days ) so I went and installed it ( not a copy the original ) so everything was fine till I tried to play it online. i was randomly getting the error msg " C++ error in NWNmain.exe abnormal program termination " so i thought to myself wtf?

I tried everything to fix this constant error, Updated My drivers, set fast writes on/off , Updated My runtime Library, searched every Post On the internet about it ( it seems that Im not alone ) changed everything you could imagine. Most Opinions pointed to drivers so i thought Id Give good Old Omega's Nvidia drivers a shot.. Omega's always worked very well for me on my ATI card. So i downloaded the newest version of the Nvidia Omega's.."nvidia_wxp_omega_15672_7z" installed them as I was Instructed ( no exe on this one it seemed ) .

Immediate problems- when I went to switch off fast writes or change the agp speed from 8x to 4x I got the BSOD every time. ( probably should have done it in the Bios first !!)

So I went and Booted Up NWN. Omg I couldn't see anything properly, it seemed there was a problem with the openGL , Like when you have bad reception on a station or there are crossed signals, it was Flickering like crazy!! I thought .. HMM this cant be right, so I loaded another OpenGL game ( Enemy territory ) and Lo and behold the same problem. The reason i think Its "OpenGL only" is because I didnt get the problem on 3dmark01 or aquamark, which I think run In D3D.

Anyway I had to uninstall the Omega's (reluctantly) and re install the WHQL Nvidia.

anyways I keep Getting the "C++ runtime error abnormal program termination " in NWN , But only Online ( which is strange ) But at least I can see it properly when its working.

another question: Could it be possible that Nvidia drivers have VPU recover but dont Give you an error msg because sometimes in windows explorer Ill use the scroll bar and the PC will Lock up for a second, the screen will flicker and then refresh and it will be ok??

Ps Im not lOoking for any solutions Unless someone Knows how to fix the Abnormal termination error ( which is Unlikely because i have tried every suggestion on the net and there seems to be no fix for it ( with NWN )
    I just want to Know if the Nvidia drivers Gave anyone else this problem.. Mabye Ill try an earlier version ?? can someone suggest a good version for my Cheap FX 5200?

My system:
    GA 7N400 Pro2 rev 2.0
    512MB ddr333 ram
    Athalon 2500+ Barton
    Leadtek Winfast a340T FX5200
    Win XP Pro SP 1

all running at stock.
    :confused:

2. Arch_Ange1

Arch_Ange1 New Member

I Have the same problem as you...Only I get that problem with the omega drivers, and It's when I try to open Unreal tournament 2004, and I run that in D3d...I dunno what the problem is, I run everything fine with My Detonator drivers from Nvidia. With the omegas, I also get that lock up problem when I scroll on a page or something. It's making it a real pain to try and find out what the problem is

3. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

When you upgraded your motherboard did you format? If not, I'd consider that to be your biggest problem. Also be sure to get newest nforce drivers. If formatting doesnt work, you may just have a bad motherboard.