New Official PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Discuss Thread.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. Robert McClelland

Re: New Official PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak Edition

It's ready Enjoy It.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  3. robalm

robalm New Member

Re: New Official PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak Edition

I just tested to install the setup.exe from drivers, and its not working on windows 8 -64.

4. Robert McClelland

Try now I took few lines in APO stuff let me know if that did the trick either then that I didn't change much in the inf lol. HKR,"EP\\0",%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Supports_EventDriven_Mode%,0x00010001,0x1 I took out other 3 things so that might make it work let me know.

5. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

It keeps getting better and better :D
    Listening Matt Bianco feat Basia - Ordinary Day
    DSD stream converted to PCM 192Khz soooo sweet!!:drool:

6. robalm

robalm New Member

Still not working.

v.2.25 and v2.30 is working fine.

7. Robert McClelland

Let me just rebuild it change the numbers ;) I'll download the v2.30 set again copy the new modes tweaks into it.

8. Robert McClelland

go ahead

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  9. SNiLD

SNiLD New Member

I just tried installing the driver but I get "Installation was unable to continue because of one or more unresolved issues. Please contact support services and quote Error I-001". It seems people had the same issues with 2.30 drivers? Last version of the driver that I had was 1.30.

10. Robert McClelland

It's ready ;) Snild you may want redownload it I was uploading new set :).

11. SNiLD

SNiLD New Member

Thanks! The new set installed correctly.

12. Robert McClelland

Great Now you know why I didn't sticky it ;)

13. fighter

fighter New Member

7.1 sound isn't working with your driver, neither 2.30/2.35
    the music comes out of the center speaker only, all of the other speakers are not working
    i am talking about stereo surround

14. Robert McClelland

Odd. Did you reset your stereo plugs? It might fix it.

15. franco.exe

franco.exe New Member

Hello Robert, thanks for your driver, I have a problem with driver suite v1.7 - v2.35, I have an x-fi Fatality FPS
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00231102&REV_00
    (I installed the drivers on a clean system)
    I installed (as always) thx, audio control panel, driver and utility Consol creative startup.
    To restart the drivers were not installed properly,
    no spdif, no speakers (screenshot two);
    in Device Manager is not the name "Creative SB X-Fi",
    - V1.3O, v1.40 and v1.50 work
    - v1.70 and later not work, including "PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak Edition"
    every time you restart reinstall drivers
    Sorry for my english

16. Robert McClelland

hmm Did you even try reset your sound card and try force it threw device manager? Maybe time get titanium sound card.

17. franco.exe

franco.exe New Member

Hello, thanks for the reply, I tried manually from device manager and it does not work.
    My XFI is perfect with 1.3 driver suite, I wanted to upgrade just to try new tweak
    My xfi decoding hardware DTS and AC3, titanium sound card ???

Sorry my english

18. Robert McClelland

Ya if you have extra pcie slot you should get Titanium sound card :).

19. Skier7667

Skier7667 New Member

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for your updates – I will tell you that as of yourSunday update which I downloaded again (version New Official PAX MASTER PCI XFIALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak Edition for the PCI Creative labcard - that you uploaded on10/05/12. I am still getting thecrackling distorted sound on all the 5.1 speakers. What I decided to do isre-install Windows 8 Release candidate and leave it pristine as it installsprior to Windows Updates. I decided that I was not going to allow it to performany updates. As you know your driver files won’t normally install. When thesetup file is executed no driver is installed. The other Creative programs likethe THX and Volume controls do install and function properly. So I’ve usedoption 7 to force driver install get the red warning screen to not install andI install anyway. The device manager shows the driver, actually two driversinstalled. One with the % sign and one with your name. So everything looks fineand the programs all open, but the distorted crackling sound is present. Itried to delete it, used Driver Sweeper (Fusion) and Advance Cleaner to cleanthe registry, then reinstall - No good. I also tried deleting the driver andjust going to Setup- in the Driver folder and trying from there to install onlydrivers. In fact I wonder if that is OK, but it surely would save me a lot oftime from having to later delete each of the programs to start with a cleaninstall again.

It just takes so long to go through all the variations ofdeleting all the Creative files only to find out that after installing, it’sstill not OK. This is happening with the Creative Music Extreme as I mention inan earlier post. I’ve also tried testing the sound in Audio Creation Mode andGame Mode. I normally set it for Entertainment Mode. I also have removed thecard from one PCI slot and placed it in another slot, deleted everythingstarting from scratch to see if that would make a difference. I sadly have tosay – no difference at all after all the back & forth.

I remember going through similar hurdles when I got Window7. None of the Creative Labs drivers worked and that was after Window 7 hadbeen released for over 1 1/2 . Hundreds of posts people having problems withcrackling sound and their drivers did nothing. I finally came across drivers byDaniel K and one of them worked – the Auzenforte, even though I have a MusicExtreme. That driver though appears won’t work on Windows 8 or Windows 8compatibility at the moment, but works on Windows 7. It took 2 months ofmessing around. I tried to install one of your Auzenforte, but it comes backthat it can’t detect my card. Hours & hours of installing &uninstalling, ha! ha!

Can’t wait to hear it play the test sounds without any distortion. Was there something in Monday's update that you feel will correct this, another update coming or something else I can try?

20. Robert McClelland

Up coming. Bit sick with sinus effection as of now :(