New Omega Drivers for Win9x/ME v2.4.31a (06-01-02 Update)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, May 13, 2002.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Re: Freedom Force 'Nighttime' playing

Thanks, Omegadrive. I do recall (but had forgotten) that someone mentioned changing bitdepth or resolution within the game.
    It's strange that I have played for nearly two weeks without one occurence...and then all of a sudden, it's happening all the time.
    I'm at the point where the Mechanical Men are tearing down the city, so, TIME is of the essence.

Dyre Straits

2. juzzie

juzzie New Member

Omega, there is an Overlay glitch in your new set?

Omega,

I found that your drivers work fine in most cases, except one. When I try to play any video file (*.avi, *.mpeg and etc) the overlay is not turning on. It is only working for DVD and VOB (fom hard drive) playback. Why is it happening? Is it something that ATI screwed or is it a "flaw" of your drivers?

I tried to research many forums for the answer but in most cases different people tell different stories: some tell that ATI was gradually killing its Hardware Acceleration feature "while trying to improve the drivers", some tell that small utility DivXG400 should be used to cure the problem. So could you please tell me - what is it that blocks Overlay for playing back movie clips im MPEG and AVI formats? Will it be possible for you to fix the problem with the next releases?

Thanx

3. seth_br

seth_br New Member

Cant get drivers to install...

I just downloaded the latest omega drivers for my Radeon 8500 for Windows ME but cannot get them to install. I first tried to install w/o uninstalling any drivers, but it said to uninstall drivers then install the standard vga. So I did and it gave me this error again.

I tried to do it manually but could not. Can anyone help me?

4. Mystik

Mystik i'm an errand.

You can still do it manually. After executing the EXE that you download from his site,
    cancel the installation when it loads up the ATi Drivers Installation. It will still remain
    on your hard-drive to wherever you extracted it. From there, start the manual
    installation.

I, for one, prefer the old style of having it compressed than EXE'd w/ an installer. =)

5. seth_br

seth_br New Member

How do you manual install? I tried to add new hardware, but could not find the drivers. I have the omega files on my hd. Do I have to copy them over the old ones? How do I do this?

6. Mystik

Mystik i'm an errand.

7. seth_br

seth_br New Member

I followed those directions and when I rebooted and started to install if worked untill this screen popped up saying how these drivers were not tested on Windows ME so they will not be installed. So I went to reinstall the newest ATI drivers that I downloaded, but I get that please install standard vga adaptors, but they already are installed. This sucks. Can anyone help?

8. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

I had that problem once seth_br, the only solution I found was a reformat, sorry. :(

You may ask, Why?
    Because the registry is corrupt, that's why, and windows tells you that a VGA driver is installed, when in fact is not, the registry has the "header" information, but internally it has no settings or the information has been corrupted.
    This usually happens after "half" installation, an installation that never finished or an instllation that locked the PC in the middle or the end of it and you had to reset your computer.

9. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

Ahh, the memories of Windows 9x regestry.

10. Cappadocian

Cappadocian New Member

I have been using the Omega Drivers for some time now and yesterday I put this new driver on and man it works great.

At first with the factory drivers for mt ATI Radeon 8500 OEM version I have serious issues with performance for the game IL2 Sturmovik, I placed a post on the 3DRage forums for assistance and you posted a message with a link to your Omega site and I have been using them since.

But the performance was still below my expectations at first but now with the new 31 driver I was stunned.
    The game is zooming with a average framerate of 55 fps in 1152 x 864 32Bit and details in game set to max from inside the cockpit. (It used to be average 35 fps in 1024 x 768 32Bit and details set to max with the previous Omega Drivers)

Thanks a lot man, you made me a very happy person. :cool: :D

11. Funkybuffalo

Funkybuffalo New Member

When it says that the drivers haven't been tested by Microsoft there should be a button that says advanced or something like that that you can push. Then check "Warn before installing unsigned somethingoranother" instead of "never install unsigned somethingoranother". Click ok then you will be able to install the drivers by telling windows to go ahead with it. Sorry I don't know the exact wordings, but it has been awhile since I have had to do it.

12. Dyre Straits

MORROWIND - Texture Problem

Hi, Omegadrive,
    I just got Morrowind Friday evening at CompUSA on my way home. They had a special Instant Rebate of $15 which made the cost $34.99.
    I've really enjoyed playing it and it looks really sweet on my system -- with this exception:
    Many of the people I meet in the game, especially inside buildings, are missing a leg and/or arm. This is very similar to what was happening with a certain set of drivers in Max Payne.
    I'm wondering if you have a suggestion for correcting this, please?

Thanks,

Dyre Straits

13. Duffy Jr

Duffy Jr Guest

Hope there is room left on this omega band wagon because i'm jumping on! Having been an ATI man for a while I'm happy about their driver devotion for the Radeon. I have been useing the 9031's from ATI because they worked the best except for locking up a couple times a day! Finally friday night I decided to give omega a try (after locking up 4 or 5 times playing Rally Trophy). Well I've been giving em hell for two days now and not one lock up. The only thing I am worried about is the talk of the new ATI drivers every one is waiting for and how to install them over the omega's! Thanks guys for making my Radeon work the best so far. :D

14. Dyre Straits

Re: Don't worry

Whenever ATi comes out, or whenever new drivers are leaked, Omegadrive gets right on the stick and puts together a 'matching' set. It's usually within just a few days.

At any rate, I've been using 'em for over a year. I've not uninstalled any drivers when moving from one to another. Just simply run the installation and, if any Version Conflict Warning screens come up, answer NO to all of them. This forces the newest installation into overwriting whatever is currently on the system. If you want to revert to an older driver set, just do the same thing.

Dyre Straits

15. Duffy Jr

Duffy Jr Guest

Thanks Dyre, I'm so happy with these drivers you might have to bring an army to get them off my hard drive! :D

16. Fietje

Fietje New Member

The Driver xx31a is great, but what is about the
    Collin McRae Bug. These Games (1.0 and 2.0) are
    not running with the Radeons (Win 98).
    You can only take 2 monitors, then the games
    are running.
    Can you debug the Win98-drivers, because this bug
    will not appear in the WinXP or Win2000 drivers ???

Thanks

17. Cobra4795

Cobra4795 New Member

Man,I mean Omegadrive,if U can optimize driverers to make more FPS than now in GTA3 and isolate the fog,that would be very nice from U.
    I have new catalyst on AIW RADEON 7500 64 ddr,P II on 533 Celeron and 256 MB RAM.

And I HAVE F****IN 5 - 10 FPS!!!!!!

Thanx :eek:

18. fatrat

fatrat New Member

Here's my report.

Emperor: Battle for Dune locks up hard requiring the computer to be reset.

Any Ideas on why?

19. fatrat

fatrat New Member

Re:

Here's your answer!

Goto the control panel and open the system icon. From there select device manager. On that page, select the display adapter. Select your video card, goto the driver tab, select update driver. When you get to the decision screen, select "Display a list of drivers in a specific location, so you can select the drivers you want." Select video adapters, then it will come up with a list of drivers. Under that is a menu option "have disk". Select that. Then point windows to the folder where the drivers are stored on your hard drive (you do know where that is don't you?). Then select the driver you want to install from there, and away you go!

Manual driver installation is so much fun!

20. Dyre Straits

Hope all is well, Omegadrive....

And hoping to hear from you again soon.

Dyre Straits