New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Silu_

Silu_ New Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

@Robert McClelland

You, sir, are a genius. I had a sound glitch problem after I added 1GB of RAM in order to have 4GB. And the nightmare began. I couldn't even watch a video on YT, because sound was so glitchy or was just disappearing. I read that this is a common issue with X-Fis, some nvidia motherboards and 4GB RAM and generally there is no cure for that but changing the motherboard or remove some RAM. Then I installed your drivers (PAX 1.10 + 1.70 suite) and increased PCI bus latency in BIOS. The problem mostly gone, I had rare and quiet stutters in some games only when loading etc, when the PCI bus was overloaded. But nothing serious.

The only one unplayable game was a Dragon Age, where the popping and crackling were ruining the sound. The PCI bus was so overloaded by playing the music while loading the location that sound were just disappearing and I had to restart the game. 1.10, 1.30beta 1, 1.30beta 4 and 1.30beta 5 brought no changes. So I removed one RAM chip just for this game to finish it with 3GB of RAM.

And then, totally without any hope, I tried beta6. And the problem is gone for good! I am really surprised, but this is true. Crackling almost not exists in DA while loading, there are some, but very slight and quiet. Which means that PCI bus is no longer overloaded.

Many thanks. You do a great job.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Guys should I get rid of (ctexfifx.sys)? see what happens? lol

3. omegadragonstar

omegadragonstar New Member

if you do all the control panels are likely not going to work (but go a head and let us know what happens. im curious too lol (id say backup your pc too just in case)

How do i put a signature in (can't find any thing in the forums control panels)

[​IMG]

4. Robert McClelland

It be in your Edit Signature in edit settings and option area :).

5. omegadragonstar

lol it's not there maybe i need a few more posts or something? (it showed up as of this post yay!) 21 is the sweet spot i guess

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  6. Robert McClelland

Great news I took out ctexfifx.sys Ever Control panel works hehe Maybe slove blue screen issue :D.

7. omegadragonstar

i erased the file (after backing it up) my control panel now just locks up after i hit restore all settings it seems like not actually doing anything. just before the blue screen last time it changed to game mode. but i guess on the plus side now no blue screen though lol
    update
    the audio control panel started working again(5-10 mins later lol) but showed no changes in anything till i changed modes lol. what u hear is now not working correctly, i had to force it to work in audio creation mode to have it working at all... changing modes takes the console launcher over 3x the time it did before to switch lol fun fun. ( it would be nice if i knew these drivers better so i could help more lol)

old:\/(below)
    can i remove the file with out a reinstall of the driver?? im asking can i just erase it or does it need a fix in the driver??

(i wonder how long till we find out what that file does lol) (google has nothing on file other than it says on some sites that it is a virus and others say don't remove odd lol)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  8. Robert McClelland

Don't worry I'm uploading beta 7 with out that ctexfifx.sys so you won't have to do the work hehe :).

9. omegadragonstar

lol i got rid of the file and everything broke then i put it back all works lol i was having fun ;-) ill install the driver anyways lol

10. Robert McClelland

11. Robert McClelland

12. omegadragonstar

update
    i installed the driver (the audio control panel tries to erase itself lol) (with the master suite installed it says no compatible device found) (no sound anyware i turned my voulme up to 100 nothing) ill reinstall again later (need sleep ill update again then)

my clocks are stock lol i dont like over clocking (if i need power i can turn on turbo boost (auto overclocking) and ht on this core (so im set for a while till games can use 12 cores lol the ram speed is a tad low i set the ram speed low on porpose because the motherboard requires a cpu overclock to run stable at 1600mhz on the ram

no ive never ran occt but have never had any unstability since building my pc :)

(your cpu-z validator shows a link to me instead of a pic may be an error in it) (im also running firefox4 beta 11 lol)

13. Robert McClelland

hmm no issue here. Did you uninstalled used cleaner then reinstalled driver then reinstalled master suite?

14. omegadragonstar

yep (till it said multimedia audio controller in device panel when hitting scan for new devices lol then i run driver cleaner then ccleaner which took off a huge amount of entries) lol its possible the old cards need that file to work ill run a reinstall to make sure same thing happens again.
    update:
    it does happen again... i wonder whats wrong lol (also i think my one fan is kinda hating all these restarts it's starting to make the same noise my hdds make under heavy load (but a bit louder)

15. Robert McClelland

Well I neeed other to test beta 7 please thanks :).

16. omegadragonstar

ill install windows on my other pc and see if it does the same thing or not (i wont plug the internet in so it wont install the wdm drivers it should be a good test then) what ya think?? (i can reinstall every time on it nothing to lose but an hour or two)

(i found a old copy of the 1.2gb suite on my hard drive im cleaning out woot)

17. Robert McClelland

System Mechanic Do you used it? Helps clean out system cutter very good :). I been using System Mechanic for about 5 years now. That why I don't have any issue in drivers :)

18. omegadragonstar

i remembered it was registry mechanic not system mechanic that caused me problems

(i have very bad luck with registry cleaners ether they clean too well and things break or not enough...)

ive got a program that keeps track of registry changes im going to test how effective ccleaner is at removing registry entries im assuming it's not that great...

(ill make 3 tests before driver install after install and after driver erase and ccleaner on a fresh install of windows )

occt reports no errors for one hour on medium data set

(system mechanic quick scan says all's good which is odd id say... there should be something wrong somewere always is with new programs. deep scan says very bad now were talking lol

after system mechanic run i tried to install drivers again same results (audio control panel does not work and it says internal aux jack in output and recording
    only spidf shows now lol

ill test on a computer with a freshly installed windows to see if it affects it the same way.. it will be a couple of hours till its ready ill get back w/update then (im putting it on a 2nd computer not my main one so the result will likely be different)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  19. neilsouth

neilsouth New Member

Beta 6 fixed my sound issues with BFBC2 that was broken with beta 5

20. omegadragonstar

im just wondering is the audio control panel a little sluggish for you?? just trying figure out if it just me lol