NEW: ProFx (3538) Update Incl. MX6 and AC97

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Lex Nahumury, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

How can that be? If both analog rear and digital rear use KX_OUT (0x8) and KX_OUT(0x9), then if you mute one (in microcode), then both would be muted. In any case, we did look at epilog's registers to check for such things, and did not see any difference with DOO On/Off.

As for the other testing we did, we really did not reach any conclusion, as we could not figure it out. I did not see any problems with kxlt, and I kind of thought that it was a kX bug (I figure the DOO switch should take care of everything at the hardware level, and as such, all a plugin should have to do is toggle that switch (plus the fact that it happens with epilog under some configurations). We could not figure out what register is used to mute analog rear, and as such, we could not track down the cause of the problem (or verify anything). In any case, I do not think that kxlt has anything to do with it (but of course I cannot be sure).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  2. Lex Nahumury

Lex Nahumury DH Senior Member

Hmm, yes good point!
    If your bevindings are correct then there is a way to access(or at least mute) that codec.
    I'll have a look at the Real Time OS driver code I wrote a while ago for 10k1 cards.
    I know I utilized that Analog Rear Output but can't remember/recall any specific initialization sequence/details.

/Lex.

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Is it possible that it does not mute it in the codec, but instead disables that slot in the Emu10k1 registers (register 5f)? or would that disable digital rear as well?

@Maddogg6, if you have a chance, you might take a look at that register with DOO On/Off (when it is working correctly) and see if the value changes. The console command would be:
    gptr 5f 0 <enter>

4. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

its always 0 (zero) - with DOO on/off - when doo works and mutes the physical analog rear.

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ahh, ok, maybe that register is only used on 5.1 models or something. It was just a thought.

6. dawkorn

dawkorn KX for Asio Audio..Cool!

Lex - 3.08L and GPR Registers.....

Hello Lex,

Ive now been using KX drivers for "years" and I have created alot of various .kx files for the different kinds of routing I use. On my music production presets, I usually come pretty close to using up all the GPR registers.

I just discovered that: If i use a particularly "heavy" .kx dsp scheme with just the UFX plugins additionally added, the preset works fine, including all the elements Ive added.

When I install 3.08L, I get untranslated elements and "No more Free GPR Registers".

Is this expected, and is it basically saying that 3.08 uses a bit more GPR registers then the generic profx included with 3538L?

If so, would there be a way to get the current 3.08 version to use the same amount of gpr registers as the default (3538l version) to solve this problem?

dawkorn

7. Lex Nahumury

Hi dawkorn,
    >>..with just the UFX plugins additionally added..
    You probably mean ProFx 3.x instead of UFX(Max's Plugins).

Yes, (on top of my head), it's possible that some of the plugins in latest ProFx release use slightly more DSP resources for compatibilty or whatever plausible reason.

It can't be much, although 2 extra GPR register is enough to tilt any 'max_gpr-1 based' DSP-setup ofcourse :cool:

btw: Which ProFx plugins do you use/refer to in your dsp setups?

8. dawkorn

dawkorn KX for Asio Audio..Cool!

Lex,

I use 1 MX6 and numerous SRC

thanks for your previous reply!

dawkorn

9. Lex Nahumury

Ah,..In that case it's ProFx's MX6. (which uses more GPRs than the bundled MX6 version)

10. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hiya LeMury!!!!

Just have to express my thanks to you, man. Thanks for making ProFX available for the 3538l version! A huge thanks, and expressed elation for maing available the MX8 also!!!!:D I can't forget the very notable addition of the ProFX ADC plugin to ProFX, which was a pioneering and groundbreaking feature release (for ADC enables Line In and Mic simultaneous recording to separate tracks)! Then, you updated the MX6 with the ability to custom name each channel, released the Peak meters, releaed the NoiseGates, kX Related Guides, and provide so much top notched help in the forum, and the list goes on and on....

Now-a-days my kX DSP is only ProFX and other effects plugins. You are a great and dear asset to the kX community!

I'm back on a regular basis, so I'll cya around.:)

Oh yeah, LeMury is just so "fit right at home" for me, I still like to use that name (and I hope you don/t mind. But, in a more professional atmosphere I'll, of course, use Lex NahuMury, such as when I give credit to you in any writing on my site, etc.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  11. Lex Nahumury

Hey there Thomas,

Nice to have you back!
    (with a new comp too I see..:cool: )

Cheers,

/Lex.

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Just thought I would mention (in case anyone was wondering), 'ProFx 3.08 for 3538L' works with 3538m. :)

13. serg_ssa

serg_ssa New Member

Hi Lex. Best regards and Thanks for nice ProFX package!
    Did you have any plans to additional functionality of k1lt?

I always change volume by system Master Mixer. With multimedia keyboard its very simle and comfortable (my speakers are big, have volume and tune controls in back side. so i dont want to use manualy their controls).

But with k1lt system Master Mixer is inaccessible now. :( So in my case I can't use k1lt. Only just for fun, not for usually work.

I think it was be great if you can add to k1lt (or new some epiloglt control) one slider for output level with functionality of system master mixer.
    Thanks!

14. Lex Nahumury

Sorry no.
    One of the reasons I wrote kxlt was to save DSP resources.
    (Adding volume options to kxlt would be almost the same as using epilog)

If you need DSP volume control, simply put some 'HQgain plugin'
    in front of the desired kxlt output.

If you can not live without 'multimedia keyboard volume support' use Epilog
    or see if Russ's 'keyboard mapper plugin' works for you.
    (i've never tried it, so i wouldn't know)

15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  16. nakamichi

nakamichi New Member

The ProFX Plugins are great,but where can I find older versions of these plugins (i.e. for 3537 final)?
    I'm looking for the ones containing the older AC97 plugins before the combined ADC was added.
    The latest versions of the kX drivers have a bug with the SB0240 cards,so I need 3537-compatible plugins to test this.
    I know the older AC97 (.2)/UDA plugins worked before with my SB0240,I could clearly see the difference between the AC97 and UDA noise level when toggling between the 2 codecs,now with the new ADC plugin,there's no difference at all (the UDA is not working anymore) and the UDA pins don't give any output.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  17. Lex Nahumury

Download and try ProFx v3.x for 3534f from my site.
    There's a big change they work with 3537 too.
    Let me now.

edit:
    I don't know about the sb0240 isssue tho.

18. nakamichi

nakamichi New Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  19. bzdang

bzdang New Member

I too require the master level control, so I have used epilog. Thanks for the info, I will try the suggestions.

20. Lex Nahumury

Well, ProFx ADC plugin has little to nothing to do with 24/96 stuff,
    so you should be able to get native 16/48 signal from those 2 extra UDA outputs
    with ~10dB SNR improvement (unless there are some sb0240 quirks)

As for 24/96 stuff on CL cards+kX; I never even bothered to figure that mode out simply because ASIO 24/96 is not supported by kX. In other words; useless(to me)!

Anyway, at least that ProFx version works with all driver releases from 34 to 37:cool: .