New Radeon 9500 pro /Sapphire Tech

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by oceanview, Dec 15, 2002.

1. oceanview

oceanview New Member

Hi, just joined site. Was referred by another post on another site ????....so checked it out and liked.

Ok...I'm getting a new Sapphire Tech Radeon 9500 pro 128mb card next week. What is this o/clockin stuff I'm hearing about? Is it possible with this card?

thanks....

2. Junk

Junk New Member

Generally, overclocking increases the clock speeds of the card with a program like Radeonator or Rage3D Tweak. I'm not sure, however, if Sapphire cards are overclockable. I have a Sapphire 9000 that does not support overclocking..

3. oceanview

oceanview New Member

Thanks...

for the reply. I'll check out o/c stuff later....

Couple of questions if I may;

1/ Are you pleased with the Sapphire product?

2/I orderd my 9500pro for $163, but see that mWave has the ATI version for $177 pls shipping =$182.

Should I stay with Sapphier or go with ATI?

I know the Sapphier is OEM, and they have told me that the card specs are identical.

Thanks...

4. ThA_Gr81

ThA_Gr81 New Member

im not sure but i think "built by ati" has little more power.... then "powered by ati" (Sapphire)

5. Junk

Junk New Member

I haven't had any problems with my Sapphire card. Especially since it was only $65! :D As far as Built By.. vs. Powered By.., I can't say that there is much of a difference. I've always installed ATi's drivers from their website for the R9000, and haven't had any problems. Download and run 3dMark, and compare your system to similar ones with other cards. I bet you'll find yours to be sufficient...

6. Junk

Junk New Member

In other words, I wouldn't worry about shelling out the extra clams for the ATi card..