New Radeon Omega Drivers 2.5.44 (Cat 4.5 based)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, May 18, 2004.

1. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

I always do the full uninstall/reinstall method. I have done it so many times I think I am down to about 10 minutes now. Cab Cleaner takes the longest. I also take the added step of running regseeker before reinstall.

2. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

3. neokenzo

neokenzo New Member

I installed this driver but I am having problems with Far Cry. The game stutters and I'm getting like 20fps while before I was getting like 40fps. Does anyone knows how to fix this? The Omega driver is great and I wouldnt want to uninstall it.

4. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Is FarCry the only game that has dropped in performance that is that obvious?

5. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

This may help, straight from ATI :D

User Defined Component Video Modes
    The CATALYST(tm) 4.5 driver provides a new interface that allows users to define the optimized modes for their HDTV's. This allows for images to be properly centered on their HDTV. The interface allows users specify a mode through a test window. Once the user saves this information, it will be saved as a user defined preference.

It has come to my attention that this feature is not actually available in CATALYST 4.5. This is due to an oversight on our part for which we apologize. We will include this feature in the next WHQL certified version of CATALYST.

However, for those who do have ATI's component output dongle and are anxious to try this feature, I can provide the hack to turn this feature on. (Note: This is not recommended unless you are an advanced user)

To modify the INF file.
    Open (for edit) file>>>>>> CX_15419.inf (This file name is unique to the MAIN CATALYST 4.5 driver ONLY) By default (after download) this file will be located at>>>>> C:\ATI\SUPPORT\wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-01-040421a-015419c\Driver\2KXP_INF

2) In the section of the file labeled>>>>>>>>> [ati2mtag_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
    3) Locate the following line>>>>>>> HKR,, DALRULE_DYNAMICMODESUPPORT, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    4) insert the following line below the line located in step 3 >>>>>>>>>HKR,, CVRULE_CUSTOMIZEDMODESENABLED, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    5) Save the file.
    6) Re-install the driver by launching SETUP.EXE found at C:\ATI\SUPPORT\wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-01-040421a-015419c

6. neokenzo

neokenzo New Member

So far its only Far Cry. C&C Generals Zero Hour too actually. Its kinda jerky sometimes but still playable. But Far Cry is far the worst. It has drop to less than 10 fps at certain places in the mutiplayer game. Almost hard to play.

7. andy71600

andy71600 New Member

well the first time i try to install these drivers without completely uninstalling them my computer fucks up. I notice something weird after it installs the primary driver files two times, and then the same for the secondary. After the secondary drivers install the second time, there is an error saying something like 'this installation cannot continue please retry while using the standard VGA driver.

So i go and set it to the standard vga driver, but it still gives me the same error message... wtf. After this i go and try to uninstall the Omega drivers and get an error saying cannot initialize. Now im angry and reboot into safe mode to run driver cleaner.

After that is run i try to install the drivers again and get the same error. Now my display is all messed up and so my computer is restoring the image i took of my hd a few days ago...

8. damiandimitri

damiandimitri New Member

Hi,

i just discovered that changing the settings (from quality to performance) in the drivers made MOHAA stop working. Setting it back to default......and i can play it again.
    I even re-installed windows to discover this..lol

Any one else had the same?

9. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I have not had a chance to test this set due to my current system configuration, I'm sure Omega will spot your post and reply. Also perhaps Neon_Cowboy or Judas may be able to assist you since I believe they helped test them.

10. MEABeemer

Yo Chaos!!!

Seems like ya got a lot of ideas and answers concerning "driver" problems.

Could ya maybe help me out man?!

See my latest posts, if ya got time please.

Thanx!

11. lmaru

lmaru New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new italian member

I installed this new set of Omega too, but i've lost my hopes.
    The stuttering is making me crazy.
    I read many forums and many articles about that but nothing seems to resolve my problem.
    If i had knew, i'd buy an Intel platform
    It seems that "my" stuttering involves the D3D Games, infact Call Of Duty is good
    PES 3 is almost perfetc but sometimes there are little stutter, but ColinMcrae4 is boring me in particular during the replays.
    I proved many things as AGP 4x/8X, Fast write ON/OFF, Sync/no sync, with Sound blaster live value activated and no activated,
    I have disabled many services as we can read in the many guide over internet.
    I have formatted and reinstalled everything ( and now I have no more IRQ shared:)
    I tried to end some possible process as NAV, MODEM ADSL etc
    I proved to change AGPvoltage to 1,7
    In bios I have disabled almost everything i can ( i have only parallel port enabled..)
    I have used Defrag
    My sistem is:
    ASUS A7V600
    Athlon 2500+ ( not overclocked)
    512 V-data
    Sapphire 9600XT 128
    XP + spack + many updates
    DX9b
    The last Omega
    SBlive value ( i need that in order to use an old sidewinder joy :rolleyes: )
    Keyboard and mouse PS2 ( I proved to attach them to an usb port)
    I proved original ATI driver

The only strange thing is that in the device manager i have the driver USB controller not installed, but i see four Controller Host universal VIA usb rev 5 and four "main HUB USB" correctly installed.
    The usb port is ok

What it remains to me doing before sell the the mainboard and the cpu:evil:

Thanks
    Ciao

Luca

12. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

The one thing I didn't see mentioned was to do a fresh install of the VIA chipset drivers. THat may also explain the USB issue in Device Manager

They are available here

13. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I am looking but have not found much specific to those problems , I wll check around some more though

14. neokenzo

neokenzo New Member

I just found out why the games I'm playing is so slow. It has nothing to do with the Omega drivers. I enable Cool and Quite and it drop the performance of my pc big time. After disabling it, everything seems to be running fine :)
    Sorry :)

15. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

WEll it's good that you got it figured out neokenzo :D

Asking questions usually leads to a positive end result !

16. MEABeemer

Okay thanx for ya support Chaos!

17. drift

drift New Member

Is it me, or is radlinker's blackground black now?!

18. neokenzo

neokenzo New Member

Its black :)

19. djherbal

djherbal New Member

bsod

Thanks Omega, your drivers deliver everytime, but something was amiss with the newest release...

ever since I installed the omega drivers 2.5.44, anytime I would play CS or NFSU, or any other game requiring opengl or directx, my computer would bsod after 3 minutes or so. By bsod I mean solid blue, sometimes barely a warning message and followed by an ear piercing pitch coming from the computer speaker. Usually a VPU recovery dialog box would pop up preceding a real BSOD, and sometimes the game will just hang, unresponsive to ctrl+alt+del.

After uninstalling the 2.5.44 and reinstalling the 2.5.36b, everything went back to normal. (no bsods, and optimal fps like all the other omega drivers)

Anyone experiencing a simiilar problem?

spec:
    amd barton 2600+
    1gb OCZ PC3200 cas 2.5 (2x512)
    Albatron KX600 - VT600
    ATi Radeon 9800 pro (stock), built by ATi
    SB Audigy Gamer
    430w PSU
    1x 250gb Maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache ata133
    1x 250 gb WD 7200rpm ata100
    1x 160 gb Maxtor 7200 ata133
    1x 80 gb maxtor 7200 ata133
    1x 250gb external Maxtor Onetouch 7200rpm

20. NSTar

NSTar New Member

Which omega version work best with a dell laptop system? I have the video expansion issue; the system reverts back to 800x600.
    native resolution is 1900x1200... basically, it resets the video expansion option.

inspiron 8600 ati 9000 32meg Xp sp2 dx9b