New redesigned Catalyst to come early September

Discussion in 'Submit News' started by Blazer, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

By http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17890: Monday 16 August 2004, 11:36

[​IMG]
    THE ATI SOFTWARE TEAM is not sitting with its legs crossed and ignoring its Catalyst software. Like "Dev" said, a year or two back ATI had problems with its drivers but now things are very much better.

The next generation Catalyst, possibly based on the 4.9 Catalyst Doom 3 booster, will come on September the second, unless ATI changes its mind after reading this article.

The driver will have a whole new interface, very aesthetically designed with a side menu that awfully reminds us of Nvidia's.

They call this interface the Catalyst Control Center, where you will find profile manager, hotkey manager, automatic update, application manager, new video and color controls and some other nice stuff.

Auto update is a cool feature to remind you that there is a new Catalyst available and makes suggestions that you download and install them.

As for the interface, you will be able to design new skin, to use your own logo in driver, a good feature for small system integarots, design a new feature, or mess with the user interface. Cool stuff isn’t it. Imagine an INQ skinned Catalyst. We dare you to make one.

ATI simplified 3D settings for real time 3D previews to see the benefits of enabling features such as FSAA and anisotropic filtering. This will help users understand what they are getting with this new feature turned on. It's not that easy to explain to the 3d illiterate. The display manager is finally simplified as it was not the easiest thing to set clone or dual display mode on ATI cards before. Nview has its competition I guess and I guess with remote wonder things will be much easier. At least I hope so.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Its an interesting article but unfortunately I dont want to post this front page. This site and myself are under many NDAs with ATI and some of the things in this article are classed as sensitive - the inquirer dont sign NDAs as most people know so when they get information "anything goes". I appreciate the effort in your post though, thanks.

3. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

no problem, I just ran across it today, and thought it might be of interest

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

As I said, I appreciate the effort. I have much more information than the inquirer have posted and have had for many months, but we tend to work with ATI on many levels and hopefully the end product will be as good as possible, when ATI are ready to release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.