New to headphones and what I got

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Xaphan, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Xaphan

Xaphan New Member

Hey all seems like an awesome place here. I just got my first set of headphones today . I am kind of getting away from my 5.1 surround sound set up for gaming on the PC. I just cant play at the volume I like to play at and not wake up the wife and kids.

What I got was Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's.

Just wandering how I did with my first purchase?
    Also do you reccomend I unplug my 5.1 setup and plug them directly into my Audigy 2 or just plug them into the speaker control panel?
    Also is it a good idea to burn these in first or just start using them and let them burn in on there own?

Thanks guys,
    Tommy

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. mensan

mensan New Member

Hi Xaphan

I was looking for info on headphones today and i am interested in your new pair too. How do You find your Sennheisers?

I got a 20 years old Sen HD 414 SL for now, maybe it is time for me to change too?

3. Xaphan

Xaphan New Member

Mensan I have only had them for a few hours and to me they sound awesome. I have only had experiance with the cheap 10 dollar kind before but I must say they are leaps and bounds above them. Also they have some kind of sound dampening thing built in that pretty blocks out all outside noise in the room.

I like them alot.

Here are some reviews on them from people who have bought them too

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i would use a dedicated output on the soundcard if possible, headphone amps in speaker sets are generally low-quality. You may want to invest in a semi-decent headphone amplifier

5. Xaphan

Xaphan New Member

I would hook it up through a dedicated output on the sound card if i could get it to work that way......for some reason it wont play anything when plugged direct into the sound card.........sound card is a audigy 2