New to this forum could I get some guidance?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by ChrisG683, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ChrisG683

ChrisG683 New Member

Hey there, I just recently stumbled across your drivers here, and I am interested in trying them, but I am kinda lost :p.

I ended up here because I just switched from analog to digital audio on my Auzentech X-Fi Forte, and I have been getting some scratchy/growly/staticy bass on my front speakers during certain periods of really loud bass. I think bass redirection is supposed to help with this, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I started looking around to see if there were any new drivers and i came across yours. I have no idea where to start with your files :p

So currently, I have the Auzentech 1.30 drivers installed I believe, and I think I also installed DanielK's support pack, but it's been a while since I did that and I don't quite remember.

1) You refer to your downloads as "tweaks," and not drivers. And when i downloaded one, they were obviously not full drivers, there is no installer or anything, what exactly is it?

2) How does one install your "tweak"?

3) Is 1.35 the latest stable release? And is it compatible with what I have installed right now?

4) This is random question, but do you happen to have any insight on the bass issue I'm having with my front satellite speakers?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You try your speaker plugs reset? That would solve it Yes 1.35 default tweaks are lastest as right now.

3. ChrisG683

ChrisG683 New Member

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here, do you think you could clarify?

Also, would you happen to have any advice on questions 1 & 2? I have no idea what your downloads are, or how to apply/install them.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

They are full drivers created by Creative (Auzentech drivers are just re-branded Creative), however Robert tweaks the base ini files (those are in the Audio\Drivers\wdm\common folder), as well as registry settings. Tweaks include changes to latency/buffer times, EAX effects percentages, subwoofer response frequencies (ie. at what frequencies the subwoofer should kick in at or cover), crossover frequencies/percentages, bass/treble frequencies, plus a ton more. The key is that these are settigns that you normally can't change via a control panel setting.

I'm probably not doing him justice with the description of what gets done, so I'll leave it to him or others to correct this, but I think you get the idea behind what his "version" of the drivers entails.

3 ways: by running the setup.exe file located in the Audio\Setup\ folder, by copying the contents of the 7z file to the root of a USB pen drive (may or may not work due to how the autorun.inf gets treated when run off a flash drive), or by burning the contents of the 7z file to a CD. The latter 2 options will automatically run the autorun setup utility, which would be the same as manually running the setup.exe file in the audio\setup\ folder.

See Roberts answer for these. :)

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

3 Yes are stable release there same tweaks in each drivers as all creative drivers used.
    4 As I said you need redo your speaker setup by unpluging your sub woofer and your jacks and reset them. Could be that way. All tweaks are in your system 32 and wow64 folder all you have do search them and you can ajust the bass treble ect.. by loooking for in search folder. like bass.ini. ect.. save it and restart the computer take effect.

6. ChrisG683

ChrisG683 New Member

Oh wow, thank you for that writeup, that is SO helpful! I feel like a complete ass for thinking that it wasn't a driver... I went back and looked at my auzen drivers, and it didn't have an .exe in the base folder either :p.

My apologies again for coming across as rude in my original post, that wasn't intentional. I've just been really frustrated with this garbly bass I've been getting out of my front speakers, I guess it reflected in my writing.

I'll give these drivers a shot later tonight to see if it helps at all, thanks!