New User. No driver installing after using driver cleaner

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by mitzi76, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 New Member

Hi,

I just bought drivercleaner as had used driversweeper by phyxion for many years (nvidia and ati cards). i started with a 5870 and using driversweeper which worked many times then i would run it in safe mode (after using add/remove progs to uninstall ati drivers first) and then install driver. install seemed to work but then on reboot i get a message saying no driver installed or not functioning correctly.

so i decided to purchase drivercleaner. the same thing happens. although only diff is i dont launch drivercleaner in safe mode like i did with driversweeper.

I run 5870's in xfire atm. was only 10.6 betas but didnt like so am trying to get back to 10.3b previews or 10.5 hotfixes.

thanks

2. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

What problem are you having? The title says no driver installs after using DC.net?

When you run the driver install program what happens? and what operating system are you using?

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Do you get any specific error message during driver install?

Did you use DC after you used Driversweeper or did you use a restore point first and then use Driver Cleaner?

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 New Member

Ok ignore driversweeper as i was only mentioning this prog as the same thing happened with this. In fact this problem occurs when i want to go back to a previous or diff driver.

am on vista 64. i'll give u an example using 10.5 and 10.3b drivers. i am on 10.5 but want to revert to 10.3b. i use cp to uninstall ati drivers or add/remove programs.

reboot and run driver cleaner. clean ati drivers etc.

reboot install driver package i.e 10.3b. driver installs but then on reboot i get no ccc but a message popping up saying "ati driver not functioning correctly or not installed" even though the driver install seems ok. (no error messages...install seems correct...have a done a few in my time hehe).

now wierdly i ran drivercleaner again this morning and the pc took a long time to shut down (5mins...that slow for a corei7 and 6gb ram etc etc).

i left the pc off and rebooted to find ccc and the driver installed ok. although i had to manually change to 1920x1200.

(i dont use restore points).

what gives? this never used to happen. i used to be able to use softare like driver sweeper n driver cleaner no trouble.

if u check over at guru people will tell u specifically not to use driver sweeper as it fubares things up. someone recommended me drivercleaner.

5. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

i will have to look into this, because think ati changes something in their drivers. But thank you for the info and description.

6. tung'n'cheeky

tung'n'cheeky New Member

I had the same Issue wit the latest Nvidia Beta build with the GTX 480? I don't get any error, the driver just does not Install. It will go through the motions but does not ask to reset after that? The program just runs and then stops.

I've never seen this before with DC, running latest by the way.

I should add that the driver Installed fine before running DC, but I had some blue screen Issues that made me wonder If something was left behind, which is why I used DC.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010