New User Question on Cab Cleaner

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by frankd3, Sep 24, 2008.

1. frankd3

frankd3 New Member

Hi,

I purchased DriverCleaner.NET mainly for the Cab Cleaner and for one particular purpose.

I have never had driver uninstall issues even though I change Nvidia drivers frequently. I have an 8800GT in a custom built PC running Windows XP Pro with SP2.

But when I tested the Windows XP Service Pack 3 update I discovered that Microsoft decided to include a huge load of ATI video drivers with it. I never allow anything made by ATI in or on my computer. Yes, I have a personal problem with ATI.

Naturally, when I tried to delete that ATI crap Windows File Protection promptly put the drivers back. Before I tried that I verified that there are no registry entries for ATI just this pile of drivers sitting in my Windows folder.

Today, I tested my new DriverCleaner.NET and it works exactly as promised. But I noticed that Cab Cleaner automatically removes both ATI and Nvidia drivers from the cab files. I have no reason to get rid of the Nvidia drivers.

Is there any way to configure Cab Cleaner to ONLY remove the ATI drivers from the cab files?

I have since restored my system from a backup image and I'm back to SP2 until I figure out how to do what I want.

Thank you for your help and a great program.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi, there is no way to only remove the nvidia or ati drivers from the cab files. I will look at the program to see a way to add that in the next update.

3. frankd3

frankd3 New Member

Thank you. That would be very helpful! :)