New Video Card works until reboot

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by tdstoaks2, Dec 17, 2007.

1. tdstoaks2

tdstoaks2 New Member

Hi,

I recently replaced a NVIDIA video card with an ATI video card. I used DriverCleaner to remove all of the old drivers. The new ATI video card works fine the first time I power the computer up after installing. I can load the new drivers and everything looks fine until I reboot the computer. Everytime I reboot, the new video card stops working and I have to put the old NVIDIA card in for the computer to display anything. I am running windows xp. Please help!

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and Welcome to DriverHeaven.

Can you tell us more about your GFX cards, are they PCI-E or AGP, and what driver versions you are using? And is your XP updated ? And how it stops working just blank screen??

3. tdstoaks2

tdstoaks2 New Member

The old card is a NVIDIA GeForce 2. The new card is a ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 (256) and both are AGP. Windows XP is at SP2. When I plug the new card in and boot up, the card appears to work fine. The TV out does not work, but the display on the monitor works fine. The device manager shows “ATI Radeon” on the display section and the drivers are up to date. The problem comes when I reboot the machine. As soon as the computer shuts down, the display goes blank and “no signal” is displayed. The computer boots all the way back up but the monitor stays blank. The only way to get display is to put the old video card back in and boot up again. The display works fine. I have been through this process many times and always have the same result.

4. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

ok, uninstall all drivers for nvidia and ATi then try omega's drivers for that ati card. they might work better. :)

you can get them here : OmegaDrivers.net

5. tdstoaks2

tdstoaks2 New Member

Ok I will try the Omega driver. Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks

6. Stumpy77

Stumpy77 New Member

Gunna have to bring this topic back up because it seems we are the only 2 on the internet ever to have this problem. Bought new ATI radeon HD 4670 for my Sony Vaio PCV-rz26g and it works, just at random. Installed everything right and have no problems untill i have to restart or power down for the night only to wake up and power up with no signal.

Problem i get sometimes when power up (CPU hung for improper frequency)

What ive tried:

new motherboard battery
    drivers from cd and from online site
    400w psu, minimum but works
    RAM sticks in and out