NEW YEAR PACKAGE for SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2/Audgiy2ZS series

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I almost done with it :) 75% If I get permisson from Leon I can try hosting it on fileplanet upload by tuesday. We have fast ethernet over at Rooc workshop but I got warn you it might take couple days for link thats only bad part of it.

2. RCOrdorica

RCOrdorica Windows Hacker

hey, thanks for the mirroring idea about fileplanet. I've already sent them the information since it takes a couple of days anyways... by that time we might have new drivers.

3. Graham

Graham New Member

What is PAX-RAV.exe?

When I extracted the files from PAX-New Year 2005-AX, I noticed this file, PAX-RAV.exe included. Does anyone know what this file is intended for?
    Cheers.
    P.S. Your advise about waiting...and waiting....etc. for the Creative box to pop up during install is very well taken.

4. Robert McClelland

well I got the package finaly this early moring I haven't installed yet. Waiting on my new modem :) then I'm going format. Then I send you folkes some preview picks if there in English I hope :)

5. Robert McClelland

Do you have SP2 installed? I haven't installed mine yet. But soon like an hour :)

6. divedr

divedr New Member

Graham, PAX Rav is a patch for people who use the RAV AntiVirus client, if you dont use that AV software you don't need it.

7. Robert McClelland

Updated still haven't gotton my new modem once I do going format then installed new package then put some pics up for you later tonight :)

8. divedr

divedr New Member

This is a question for classic leon,
    I an running an Audigy Platinum and need to get the remote working. The 2005 NewYear package with the entertainment center installed causes a system hang or crash at shutdown. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the work on the drivers!

9. x0ph3r

x0ph3r New Member

Working fine :]

Well, after I got em installed.. I had to install the drivers manually and all..

Thanks!

10. Innuendo2K5

Innuendo2K5 New Member

Classic Leon,

These didn't work for my Audigy 2ZS so I guess you need the device ID to add in the next revision:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20061102&REV_04\4&10416D21&0&08F0

It's for a Dell OEM Audigy 2ZS.

Thanks...I'm looking forward to trying these drivers & apps out.

11. Marcello

Marcello New Member

since the LIVE 2005 project was discontinued, whats the best option to the live owners? i mean, drivers and softwares?

LEON?

12. Graham

Graham New Member

Yes, I do have SP2 installed. During the install of PAX-NewYear2005-AX, the wait for the Creative box was very, very long. Severla times I thought it had frozen. My advise: be patient!
    Cheers

13. LZ1GJD

LZ1GJD New Member

Excuse me but when there will be support for SB Live! Cards available and will this pack work with Live! 5.1 Digital ?

14. pianomanx

pianomanx New Member

ANyone get EaxConsole to work on a SB Live!?

I have a 4.1 SB Live..and I have everything working but CMSS on the EaxCon...It won't work will it? I have tried the Equalizer patch..and yes...EVERYTHING works..not using PAX drivers though..using .444..and they are incredible..am using Live-New Year software...

Anyhelp would be great..I love this thread and would love to help if I can....

-pianomanx

Classic Leon..you ROCK!

15. XibaD

XibaD New Member

How did you make it work? How did you installed exactly? Please answer because I have a Sblive4.1 too.

About CMSS: I think sblive can't support it, hw limitation, I think, but I'm not the pro in the question ;)

16. Robert McClelland

Updated I did installed software but entertainment center doesn't work it just crash because there no remote for it lol and some wave studio needs be work on there no English of them and they does sound wonderfull :) quick question too. Do I chose first one or second one? I chose second one with pax 1.2 drivers or should I go back other first one?

17. awan

awan New Member

Hello friends ? where can I download PAX-NewYear2005-AX.rar? I tried all the links but all were offline

18. pianomanx

pianomanx New Member

Guide to installing Audigy 4 drivers+software on a Soundblaster Live! (4.1)

So far I've only done this on a Live! 4.1 w/LiveDrive (orginal) Lost a lot of sleep for a few days trying to read all these posts here and everywhere else..tried EVERY driver version I could think of....very tired now of "Safe Mode"...:duh:

Follow these directions to the utmost!
    1. I assume we all know how to remove every registry entry of Creative by now..if you don't..go to Guru3d.com and get Driver Cleaner Pro. Reboot in "Safe Mode"...remove ALL software from "Add/Remove"...remove the devices in "Device Manager"...run Driver Cleaner and pick both Creative entries to clean. Reboot.
    2. Download Creative Drivers 5.12.01.0444...Google it to find the package..I will upload the files to host on my server as soon as I can. The pacakage is about 15 megs.
    3. Unrar it into it's own directory...go to CTZAPXX.exe and run..it will install the .444 drivers (6-13-2004)...reboot...
    4. Grab the LIVE-NEW YEAR 2005 package if you can.....
    5. At the FIRST SCREEN (which is in Chinese of course..) pick the SECOND option (package only)
    6. DO NOT INSTALL THE PAX DRIVERS. I have not gotten them to work effectively with my system yet..but I know Classic Leon is workin on that...
    7. Follow the instructions from the rest of this post after you select the SECOND option http://driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=66414&page=1&pp=15....and you can rename the wdma10k1.inf if you want as well
    8. When you customize the installation of the Audigy ZS software..DO NOT CHECK THE "Windows Drivers" BOX! Not good.​
    9. CMSS will not work...if anyone has been able to get this to work. LET ME KNOW. I have tried everything I think I know how.....
    I have NOT updated the AudigyZS software..such as "Diagnostics","Speaker Settings"..whatever. It all works just fine without the headache of another update you would have to CtComp.....

Of course this could get better over time..but this is what has worked for me...let me know if it helps you out.

-PianomanX

charles@pianomanx.com

19. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

After i realised i was hitting wrong install as it was audigy 2 not Zs as i got a Zs lol, im fine only glitch is minidisc centre will pop up a error when i close it, not that i even use it but something others may use.

I installed the seperate 1.2 new year driver as i read here it was best to do, then i reboot and install the new pax with all extrs but no entertainment centre as i not got PLAT, i then let the updates update all apps and reboot, im very very very happy best ive had out this buggy crap ZS but bass is not perfect yet still a thud no boom but i blame these crappy creative 7.1 speakers, i may try my old exellent cambridge soundworks 5.1 set.

20. XibaD

XibaD New Member

Well, finally is the famous Live 2005 NewYear going to be released or the whole project has been cancelled at all? Somebody knows it?

Anyway, for NOW I recommend installing the PaX newyear instead of the ULTRA ones, because these last ones give a lot of problems with EAX enabled in games (ex. Unreal's, Max Payne 2, Far Cry... the ones I have tested)

Thankx