NEW YEAR PACKAGE for SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2/Audgiy2ZS series

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. shaca

shaca New Member

hi guys...
    hi classic...

i would like to know what kind of instalation ( nr 1 , 2 or 3 ) should i choose for best sound for FPS gaming with audigy 2 ZS + Zalman 5.1 headphones?

tnks guys!

2. e v o

e v o New Member

probably number 1 shaca

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

4. keno34

keno34 New Member

I put it on exeem PAX-NewYear2005-AX.rar go go go

5. QuakeR

QuakeR New Member

for every one who get only 10 kb/s and lower get your self Getright , copy&paste a link (which classic leon gave us) in getright than it should start to download, than go under options>accelrated downloading> and set FOUR, then copy&paste an other link (classic_leon) in getright and do the same think ( set it to EIGHT) hope u understand my crappy english :duh:

@classic_leon i cant install them :(, when i chose just to install the software without a driver, there stand then something like unable to detect device (in german) i have the old YOUP PAX 1.2 pack installed ( which is awesome btw [​IMG]) but cant install the software, i have a audigy1 SB0202 i think plz help me :confused:

6. RegMaster

RegMaster New Member

I am uploading to edonkey/emule...

ed2k://|file|PAX-NewYear2005-AX%2024-01-2005.rar|305340734|9537C1B1242CD23B03BD536EC2562085|h=WQAVZOW6VP6YX4IRKLMXPGWLJM5JQ4U5|/

7. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hi classic leon and all:

I finally got around to installing this PAX-NewYear2005. I installed the 2nd option with NewYearv1.2 driver, and I didnt install any of the updates. First the good news. As classic leon said the NewYearv1.2 driver release in this package has an ASIO driver. It's impressively good, too. I get 7 ms latency using 4 softsynths in SONAR 4. Thank you all on the team YouP and classic leon for making this release available as such:D , cause the 1st NewYearv1.2 release didnt have an ASIO driver! This ASIO Driver works really well, so Creative has improved the ASIO Driver (I think), if this has come from the Audigy 4 Drivers. With other ASIO drivers from Creative, I could only get a usable 20 ms latency.

The music playback sounds great, and the icons for the Audio Control panel is in English on the desktop and in Windows Control panel.;)

Now the problem for me is the installer for this package has a fixed default install directory to the C:\ drive. There's no option to change the install directory. I have another Operating System on C, so I wanted to install to my OS on the H:\ drive. I wasnt able to do that. Maybe that's why I have a problem of not having the Creative applications listed on my start menu for H:\. All I have is the Audio Control Panel icon on my desktop. I went to C drive to look for the applications, but I cant find them there either. I looked in C:\Program Files and found no Creative folder. I see a folder on the C drive named NewYear2005, but it only is 495 kb in size and has only a folder named CTRun in it. Where are the applications such as CMS, AudioHQ, Creative Mixer, and the rest of these apps?

Really, all I wanted was the drivers for quick music production projects and gaming, so it's not a big deal for me. I use kX for seriouis music production and kX is on my C drive OS, purely for music production. That's why I want to install this package to my H drive. Can there be an option to custom install this package to any available HDD on one's system?

Because I cant find the Creative software apps, I cant comment on how they are working. Help?:eek: But this is a fine release otherwise!:D

Edit: Also after installation, some program tries to run some kind of demo, but a window opens when I click next. I select the only file "ctrun.dbd" and when I click next, this just keeps happening over and over. I'm getting no where. I'm wondering if the other Creative apps have even installed on my PC.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. PointBlank

PointBlank New Member

Only 1 out of the few links are working.:tears:
    Does anyone have the last set for the audigy 2 ZS so i can do a 1 on 1 file transfer?

9. D@reDev!l

D@reDev!l New Member

Live Driver doesn't work

I have a big problem with installing the LIVE NEW YEAR driver's. When I want to install the Audigy 2 ZS drivers, the Setup say that i don't have a Audigy 2 ZS :(
    I tried all the other Soft Mod's like LIVE -->Audigy 2 and something else, but they all don't work.
    I have a Sounblaster LIVE 5.1 Digital, maybe that is the problem? :confused:
    Here a pic of the official driver:
    [​IMG]

10. e v o

e v o New Member

daredevil u installed the live package, those are only meant for sb live, u should have installed the audigy x new years package, downloads are slow right now

11. QuakeR

QuakeR New Member

do it like i sad on page 6 and it should be fine

12. mattpwill

mattpwill New Member

Does this driver work with the EMU 0404? I'm interested in using it with headphones and 3D sound. Would this work?

Thanks

Matt

13. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

SBLive only supports 32 3D voices.

14. mattpwill

mattpwill New Member

These drivers work with the EMU 1212. Do they work with the EMU 0404 as well?

What do they add to the card?

Thanks

Matt

15. XibaD

XibaD New Member

And then, why WinXP native drivers of SBLive do support 64 voices?:confused:

I refer again to my dxdiag report, some posts before.

16. classic_leon

I don't have DxDIAG of Audigy model:0202. So I can't confirm this sound card which supports this applications. You try to uninstall all drivers. Install the package first and then install drivers.

Try to find them on H:\Program Files\Creative. If you still can't find it, uninstall them and remove all creative drivers and folders and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Creative Tech
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Creative Tech
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Creative Tech
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Creative Tech
    and then reinstall it.

17. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

Keep up the good work Classic Leon. Your doing a great job with these drivers.

18. mattpwill

mattpwill New Member

19. classic_leon

XibaD, Windows says it is supported, but it is running at 32 3D voices.
    D@Dev!l, it is correct, that is modded SBlive drivers. It can't be AudigyX. cos this is SBlive's hardware "limit".
    mattpwill, this package does not work with EMU 0404, cos this one's ID hasn't been added. I think you can use drivers.

20. classic_leon