[Newbie Question] Redirecting channels

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by jagjonas, Jun 19, 2005.

1. jagjonas

jagjonas New Member

Hi

I wonder if there is any way to redirect the cannels (right, left, rear l/r, etc.) so they end up rotated on my 5.1 surround system connected to my PC digitally. What I want is to have a setup like this:

left channel -> rear left speaker
    rear left -> rear right
    rear right -> right
    right -> left

in other words rotating it 90 degrees. I would also like to be able to easy switch between this setup and the standard one (where left channel is connected to the left speaker). Is this possible??

Have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs soundcard.

/ Jonas Andersson

2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

of course, just connect them to the outputs you want in dsp

and for switching you could save both dsp presets to desktop, and then just click on one of them to load

3. jagjonas

jagjonas New Member

thanks for your anwser. Works perfectly, almost.

Tried to change the "wires" between the xrouting and Surrounder, hope this is the way to do it.

However, when I redirect the channels to other speakers I "delete" the center (since I don't have a center in my redirected(rotated)-setup). But the computer is set to generate a center so the most of the sound to the left/right speakers are lost (when using stereo materials like music).

How do I get the center channel back to the right/left speakers again? Can this be done in the dsp? Or do I have to change the setup from 5.1 to 4.1 each time I have to switch?

thanks / Jonas

4. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

don't change the wires between xrouting and surrounder, change the wires that go to the output of your soundcard (epilog or k2lt).