news posters should be more careful ;)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by Shadow Lady, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

ok well, im just saying, i mean i know its not as easy as it seems to post news, but at least they should read the news already posted ;) i mean, i have counted like more than 15 reposted news, and well its not easy to post news (going to many sites to look for news, copy/paste job ;)) but come on at least know what u post ;)

im just saying, actually im expecting someone to say "u dont like it? do it yourself" and actually i have in some places before, just some words ;)

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

ok.... can you point these out please.

if you're including similar articles such as reviews from different sites they won't be classed as duplicates.

that gives difference of opinions,partly the whole point..

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

which is why its changing.

News is very disorganised due to the fact everything here seems to need my constant 24/7 attention even when I put admins in positions to look after sections ...... and I just dont have the time to be babysitting everything,

From today MIG 31 is now heading up the news team which will hopefully stop this from happening too much in the future.

You could of course PMed this instead of posting in the off topic to make a point or even better you could actually help out yourself. if you want to post news then PM MIG31 and lets hope you can refrain from using "ur" and other netslang in postings on the front page ;)

4. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

nonono, i dont want tobe part of the staff in this place, dont take it wrong just i have no intentions in having troubles here ;)

i was meaning somethen like:

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50998
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51164

and is not new, i mean:

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1674
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1642

im just saying it could be stopped from happening (i dont remember another site that has so many news reposted actually) i know i should have said this in another place but whatever what is done is done, right? :p

5. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I sent MIG 31 a PM today pointing out some of the double postings and I hope this helps prevent your frustration in the future :D

6. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

We're working on it.

I was invited to the news poster position awhile back and I'm happy for it since I like sharing info. :)

Yeah the reposts have been growing more and more, but that's just due to anxiousness on some people's part. I usually wait and let the other posters do their normal routes and I post what I find. Unfortunately, there are times when I post something like version 1.3 of Rabit (Before anyone else including W2S).. it gets pushed down too far and people miss it (both other posters and readers). A repost brought it back to people's attention though...

7. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

those links you posted about fraps is sorted.

as for those other two links whats the point of posting those.date june 2002. not exactly recently posted.

as for now im going to be looking at posts a bit more closely and will hopefully be sorted.but to add news posting is not an easy thing,sometimes there can be two post identical with altered titles making the search less accurate.

and news posting does not make you staff. it just means helping this site..

8. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

The best thing any member can do is drop a polite pm to a mod so that, when a double post takes place, at least it can be dealt with in the appropriate manner. I for one think the Newsposters do a tremendous job and inevitably the odd double post will occur. Lets not make the job any harder by criticising a thankless task!