No Dolby Digital Live dec oder option with X-Fi Titanium PCIe card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elhoir, Jan 17, 2014.

1. elhoir

elhoir New Member

Hello all,

i have recently purchased a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe, and i must say, installing official drivers is a nightmare :S

After installing them, everything is finally working as it should...

Everything? NO! I can´t see the Dolby Digital Live! encoding in the Sound Control Panel. I see the DTS Connect option, through.

"well, INSTALL the DDL pack, you fool!" you will say, but when i try to do that, installer says it is already installed

but i cannot find it in the Add/Remove software in Windows (7 64bit)

As a side note, i use a 2.0 speaker configuration. I have read that DDL only works with a multi-channel configuration, but... shouldn´t it be displayed in the Control Panel, at least?

can anyone help, please? :)

2. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

sorry, this forum is about live! and audigy cards.

3. elhoir

elhoir New Member

could you move this thread to an eligible forum then, please? otherwisae i would have to repeat it...

thanks

4. Epsilon Cygni

Epsilon Cygni New Member

Îòâåò: No Dolby Digital Live dec oder option with X-Fi Titanium PCIe card

Hello elhoir,
    I happen to have a sound card similar to yours (along with an Audigy 2 ZS under kx driver that this forum is devoted to), and Dolby Digital Live! option is present in Encoder tab in Creative Audio Control Panel as on the screenshot attached below. The card is set to Audio Creation Mode.

I am using X-Fi Support Pack 2.5 instead of factory drivers, but with another driver installation nightmare probably being the last thing you want to go through, why wouldn't you just use the default SPDIF stereo output if you need only 2.0 speakers? Any device that accepts DDL signal usually accepts SPDIF without any problems; moreover, DDL is a lossy compression while with SPDIF you can be sure that the sound quality will not degrade.

Attached Files:

• 11.PNG
      11.PNG
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
  5. elhoir

elhoir New Member

Hello,

I´m currently using the stereo analog output for 2.0 speakers. The thing is, shouldn´t i have the DDL option along with the DDL Connect? is it a multichannel-only option? I cannot see it even if i "force" Console to a multichannel speaker configuration (only set it up, with no physical speakers connected)

that`s what i cannot understand....

6. Epsilon Cygni

Epsilon Cygni New Member

Îòâåò: No Dolby Digital Live dec oder option with X-Fi Titanium PCIe card

Yes you should have the DDL option no matter the speaker configuration you selected - at least I do have it using "2/2.1 Speakers" in Creative Audio Console (screenshot attached).

My operating system is Windows XP though... Suspecting there might be trouble with DDL Pack in Windows 7, I've done a quick search and found this thread:

forums.creative.com/archive/index.php?t-534573.html

(I'm not allowed to post links yet :x, but if you copy and paste it to your browser it works anyway)

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  7. elhoir

elhoir New Member

Okay, i solved it :)

it was just a matter of uninstalling DDL and DTS Connect packs, run ccleaner (twice, once per pack), and reboot (twice, once per pack), and its done :)

Epsilon, Thank you so much for your help anyway :)

EDIT: And i didn´t use the "compatibility mode" :D

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014