No Stereo on SB0092

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totally_tonedef, Dec 30, 2007.

1. totally_tonedef

totally_tonedef New Member

Okay, so I have this old card I just put into the wifes computer. Everything seems to work just fine except stereo sounds are not playing in stereo. It is a 2.1 speaker system with the 2.1 Surround setup. Playing music I know is stereo and watching the levels right and left channels match perfectly and I notice parts of songs missing. So I am pretty sure that this is an issue with stereo output.

Please correct me if you feel otherwise, but any help is much appreciated :)

2. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Hmm - are you sure the media player you use to play the music isnt converting to mono? - If you see L/R in the VU meter as identical - to me, suggests its the player. That is, assuming you have the default kX DSP configuration (ie. you haven't changed anything in the kX DSP applet) and have not inadvertently adjusted kX Router.

edit:
    Also - make sure windows is trying to use a 5.1 speaker system
    Control panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Volume tab > Speaker Settings/Advanced button > set drop doen to 5.1 speaker system - I suppose that could have been changed to '.??.mono.??.' - maybe thats your problem..??

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  3. totally_tonedef

totally_tonedef New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried to the best of my abilities to do that but no luck.

I probably should have mentioned that this is on a Vista system, so the route to the sound options is a tad different. But from there I only had the options of 1 or 2 channels, no more. And as for the application, she uses iTunes...and as far as I have seen and read there is no advanced sound options as to allow me to change the channels.

Thanks for the help though.

Any other ideas??

4. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

No, sorry - I avoid Vista like the plague for now. :D
    (I have no idea what else it could be, other than finding lots of results about some people *not* able to play mono sound, but is likely related to a driver for a different sound card - on-board sound actually.. so, most google results I get are about that)