Nokia suing Apple over the iPhone

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by niceguyrichy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

MY $500.00 nachine?

Tell ya what, you build a system identical to mine and I'll gladly give you $500.00 for it.

You can start here:
    AccurateIT - 24" SGI GRAY FD Trinitron Flat CRT GDM-FW9011 Monitor ** FREE Freight Shipping **

Still and all, ya gotta love the Mac fanbois. They are SO predictible :rofl: . I really have nothing against Macs. They are fine machines. It's just the pretenious fanbois that are so irritating, and it's fun tweaking their noses just to get the predictible responses.

OH, and in the above paragraph, you can substitute LINUX for MAC too :D:D:D:D:D

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Let me take the role of Devil's Advocate here. Don't you feel your behaviour is just the same in reverse? I mean whenever I post anything on the forums which extoils the merits of a macintosh you normally post after me telling me I am either getting ripped off or I am in fact talking rubbish? I think a few people just tweaked your nose there too ;)

I mean its your opinion and I have never said you were 'wrong' but its something I feel worth pointing out. Food for thought you beaky old bird.

3. HardwareHeaven

Makes no sense to me either, but hey what the hell do I know! the whole thread has been derailed from a discussion on nokia suing apple to now how much macs suck/pc's suck to how much Nokia are spending on research.

Its a heated topic for sure, but like most of the debates they end up with me stratching my head in bewilderment!

4. clanman

clanman New Member

So the fact you dismiss everything apart from a windows based PC (even linux and with an overload of sarcastic smilies) makes everyone else a fanboy and you a wise old bird? Thats logic for you!

I don't even own a MAC ! I just don't understand this hatred. I honestly do think its jealously, nothing else makes any sense to me. I mean if I hate something so much I think its bad value I don't buy it, but I don't tell everyone who does how crap or overpriced they are. Same when I see a dude in shades in a ferrari, I think 'you lucky bastard' but I don't jump out of my own car and start telling him how much better of a deal I got on my 1k rover. You just end up looking like a twat.

5. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

:sigh: Some of you folks just don't get it do you?

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with a MAC, and the same goes for LINUX. If I had applications where either one of them were the best tool for the job I'd use them.

It's the elitist attitude of SOME of the people that use them. Ones that think that anyone that doesn't use one or the other are somehow inferior. For whatever reason, the MAC and LINUX communities seem to be overloaded with people like that, and I enjoy tweaking them.

6. HardwareHeaven

everyone kiss and make up :p

Anyway back to thread topic.

Whats your views on the Nokia v Apple outcome guys? Nokia in with a shot for a nice handout? Does everyone know exactly what they are suing Apple for?

Just for the record:

The 10 alleged patent infringements involve wireless data, speech coding, security and encryption.

7. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

don't see why not.

as i said earlier (you know, before the thread turned into Mac Wars) practically every other major phone maker pay Nokia for something, so i find it hard to believe that Apple haven't used something that needs paid for.

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I don't see Apple paying them anything in the long run. Perhaps a "small" payment and then change technology ASAP.

If it was MS instead of Apple, they would probably have already bought out Nokia lol.
    But Apple is too cheap, they will do anything they can to avoid paying, one way or the other.

9. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Not going to happen the end result will be similar to the Nokia vs. Qualcomm case ... But in the court Nokia has the upper hand because so many companies have recognized the patents and they are paying fees to Nokia.

10. Trusteft

I don't think you realize how cheap Steve is :p

11. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

12. HardwareHeaven

Thats a few weeks income for Apple, quite costly. (if Nokia get it obviously).

13. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Yeah and Aplle is paying Ericson for their patents but not to Nokia so it only makes the case stronger for Nokia...

14. Trusteft

Something tells me that temeteus has shares in Nokia.

15. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

It took so long you to figure it out :evil:

16. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

If Apple are paying Erikson but not Nokia, there must be a reason they decided not to do so. There isn't some intern sitting their with a pay don't pay stamp. Serious brains are behind these decisions, if there's a reason they won't pay I'm sure Apple will bring it to light. To be honest I don't like the Nokia Ringtone on my iPhone I actually deleted it. So hopefully they'll release an update that will remove the nokia ringtone from iPhone and be done with it. :p lol

17. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

You might ask Apple why they put in there in the first place ... But there is no way to make a mobile phone without using Nokia's, Eriksons and Qualcomm's patents. Those three have the majority of the patents in mobile technologies. And in general you need a combination from all of them to make the phone work. But we will see how it goes in the court ;)

18. HardwareHeaven

Anyone up for starting a poll to get Temeteus82 renamed to "Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo" ? :lol:

[​IMG]

19. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Teme , send me N900 when it comes out ,please :p

20. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Ali, there is long long line of people ahead of you so you need to wait .... ;)

Z, Thanks but I think the real OPK would dislike the idea...