Not Supported error after change to DVI

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by spurs2k, Mar 13, 2006.

1. spurs2k

spurs2k New Member

I recently changed from VGA to DVI with my LCD TV Monitor and suddenly found that games like NBA Live 06 and Total Annihilation ran but their resolutions all of a sudden were "Not Supported" (blue screen). They previously had been run fine at 1280x960 without problem using VGA. I tried researching the problem and changing the DCC Configuration - Override Display Limits to 1280x960 at 60 mhz since they had been set much higher by default. Are these games menus defaulting to a resolution higher than 1280x1024 due to settings in ATI Tool because of the DVI? Please help, thanks.

2. spurs2k

spurs2k New Member

In case this helps, Im running the latest Omega drivers with ATI Tools. My card is a 9800SE softmodded but not overclocked. Any suggestions you learned friends can offer to a newbie are appreciated.

3. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

Your first step should be to install ATi WHQL drivers and see if the problem persists.

If the problem then clears up, we can ask Omega to look into it.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams New Member

Check RefreshLock in ATI Tray Tools. If its ON turn it OFF

5. spurs2k

spurs2k New Member

Turning off refresh lock unfortunately did no good.

Can you send me the link to the ATI WHQL drivers I would need? I tried searching on the website but I got a million results. Those wouldn't simply be the Catalyst 6.3 drivers because I definately want the softmod option and the ability to overclock (although never done it) that Omega offers.