Nothing's working

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by I'mnewhere, Sep 9, 2010.

1. I'mnewhere

I'mnewhere New Member

I'm having trouble with MobilityModder.

Running windows 7 with ATI mobility Radeon 2600HD. Previously, on Vista on the same machine, I had no problem with using it.
    However, trying to install it again (several months after upgrading to windows 7), I can't get anything to work.

I started by downloading CCC from ATi (ATI Catalyst? Mobility Display Driver - second download link), and then I ran the installer for that, stopping when the CCC interface comes up (after extraction). I also downloaded the newest mobility modder.net and installed. Once I'd done this, when I tried to start MobilityModder, it immediately comes up with an error message saying that mobility modder has stopped working. Mobility modder does appear in the uninstall programs list.

On another occasion, I removed mobility modder and the files I had downloaded from ATi, and tried reinstalling CCC. The installation seems to run fine, though once it had finished, I can't open CCC. Nothing happens; no error message or anything. It appears in the start menu as CCC, but when I click on it, I get a loading icon for a couple of seconds and then it disappears. Again, this did work when I was on Vista.

I have tried repeating the whole process several times, using .net 4.0, as well as uninstalling and using w7's preloaded .net2.0. Can anyone help me?
    I'm actually not having too much trouble running CoD:MW2 on decent settings. However, my previous gaming graphics score in windows experience index was 6, and now it's 3.9...

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

sometimes when uninstalling programs, especially drivers, it leaves residue behind. Small files in the register it doesn't remove, which can cause problems when (re)installing a driver program, causing it not to work properly.

You should try running DriverCleaner. Now I'm not sure, is the free version still available?

3. I'mnewhere

I'mnewhere New Member

Doesn't look like the DriverCleaner free edition is available. I have tried other driver updating software, but still nothing. I clean my registry fairly often too, so shouldn't that get rid of older driver stuff?

4. blitz6804

blitz6804 Shocking, isn't it?

5. richardhula

richardhula New Member

The link you mention is to Mobility version so why do you want to use MM?

Try downloading full suite (first link) - I seem to have fewer problems getting drivers to install that way.

Run it & uninstall first - re-boot. Run setup again to install. If you get unable to install drivers message try installing them from Device Manager.