now i HAVE to mod my 360! 56K warning

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by NUCLEARWINTER, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

is the 360 cracked yet? last thing i heard was that they were busy with it and it was hard as hell...

2. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

i cut out the plate for my disc drive today. it turned out really good imho. i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it.

3. NUCLEARWINTER

alrighty. here it is as promised.(although 2 days late) here is the dvd drive mod so far. i did this with a dremel. i haven't filed it yet though. i surprised myself that i cut it so damn straight. go me!! :D oh, pay no attention to the pencil marks. that's just me math. I'm gonna paint everything yet. plus im still planning / awaiting my watercooling system.
    [​IMG]

4. NUCLEARWINTER

and here is the case after i cut out for my windows. originally i was gonna leave an "X" holding the "XBOX 360" in the center but it would have taken too much window space. so i decided to just make two windows. keeping the "XBOX 360" i have plans for that later. ;)
    [​IMG]

5. NUCLEARWINTER

i cut the plexi today. took me 2 tries on the lower one trying to get just the right fit around the "MICROSOFT" in the lower right hand corner. but i nailed the 2nd try. i haven't taken the film off yet because i still have to drill the holes and it's recommended that u leave it on so the plexi doesn't split/crack/shatter. that'd suk ass!
    [​IMG]

6. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

awesome keep us updated

7. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

the mod is coming along quite well :)

8. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Yeah its kinda cool to see what this is gonna end up like :D

9. NUCLEARWINTER

:sigh: .......waiting for da parts :sleep: so progress has ground to a hault.

10. NUCLEARWINTER

the package fairy(aka fed-ex) came and left me a present(1st of 3) today. here is what i got so far. here is my radiator. isn't she purty? i went with this one because frankly i liked the way it looks. i am gonna have to do something about the orange fan. it's gonna clash with my paint scheme. perhaps painting it will suffice.

[​IMG]

11. NUCLEARWINTER

here is the light set i ordered for the internals. they are led's. 4 leads with 3 led's inside a lense. and they are BRIGHT! (HA I"LL BET U R TRYING TO CLICK THIS!!!) i made the mistake of looking directly into the one's on the control panel and i instantly got a headache(no joke) i'll be able to mix and match whatever color i want. there are controls for the ammount of red, green, and blue. pretty nifty if i say so myself. i can't wait to see how they look inside. only problem is the lense units themselves are a lil big and im worried about clearance. i may have to modify them a lil to get 'em to work. i was gonna go with cold cathode...but these looked interesting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  12. NUCLEARWINTER

i just discovered that someone manufactures clear acrylic xbox360 cases. :mad: all that effort. but mine is unique i suppose. and will in the end pay out better for me in the long run.

13. NUCLEARWINTER

i also modded(nothing major) an extra psu i had laying around(brand new, just not strong enough for rig)i put uv led's inside of it. i'm going to used it to power my watercooling and lights and other stuff i may wanna throw at it. i'll have to build an enclosure for my psu, pump/res (one unit) light control and fan speed control(for rad) oh and when "DON't TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE DUMBASS!!!" is on the warning label on a PSU...take heed to their warning. i got my nuts knocked sideways as my finger brushed against something while testing polarity of led's.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  14. CDsDontBurn

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that just sounded wrong :rofl:

15. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Probably the thing that converts AC to DC (can't remember the exact name sorry), I touched one on a PSU once....wow that hurt.

What hurts even more is when you're putting in new plugs and you zap yourself...120V of pure pain.

Now changing a fuse, I wear rubber gloves for that....a 100A service @ 120 volts would make for a dead fuse changer if they slipped

16. NUCLEARWINTER

i've been hit by 480V DC COUNTLESS times and can take it. with a slight grimmace.. but that packed a serious punch for such a small contraption.
    oh! my water blocks came in today. tomorrow i should be getting my pump and other stuff. i...ummmm....kinda(shuffles feet) forgot to ...order 3/8" tubing amidst all the madness... :oops: tomorrow i'll be going to lowes and pick up some cheap crap until i can get better quality tubing from my fave. supplier.

17. CDsDontBurn

newegg??? :confused:

18. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Get some good stuff from a local pet store, in the fish tank section.

19. CDsDontBurn

you know a PC mod is going to be a good mod if you gotta go to a pet store in the fish tank section :hmm: :lol:

20. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member