Nv is superior in every way ;-)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by WhiteFox, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox New Member

2. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

ah hahahahahaha! emmm.... anyone notice that it's actually still based around the basic architecture of the geforce 2?

lmao!

and why are they saying that the 6800u out-performs the x800pro? emmm... it doesn't

well... it does in 3dmark 2003 - but it doesn't outperforum the x800pro in any REAL benchmarks!!!

what a joke :rofl:

3. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

not just that, look at where he got his info. the inquirer, they are always off.

4. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

yeah - I forgot to mention that - but you've got to laugh at nvidiots! and point out their inacuracies!

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

guys this thread is going to end up in a flame fest and I cant see it serving much of a purpose. unless some directional debate starts happening it will be shut.

6. SJae

SJae Banned

Radeon drivers still suck. Monthly release means a few fixes for games that people hardly play and breaking down for previous games.

Quick example, if you play Deus Ex with Cat 4.4, you get texture corruption. On the GF4 Ti-4200 I still have, there is no corruption even with the latest drivers.

ATI has insignificantly larger performance, nVIDIA has better drivers.

7. HardwareHeaven

I dont know I think I could debate the driver thing, unless you mean opengl performance then I agree. I play quite a few games and most games play fine. perhaps the older games or the ones "optimised" for "the way its meant to be played" have less issues on NV hardware, but I guess that might be down to money passing hands to a certain extent.

8. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

yeah - nv invest ALOT of money in this twimtbp thingy - why don't they just get it so that it runs well even if it isn't optimised for the hardware? lol - and I'm afraid I'd have to agree about the drivers though - imo - nv have the btter drivers - still - but ATi are really pulling out all the stops and are coming up behind NV! ATi definately have the performance lead though!

9. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

i feel the same way. as long as ATI stays on top and are not cheating for performance then i'm with ATI.

10. HardwareHeaven

well I dont know, I have a quadro FX board and the drivers are awesome for that, especially in professional rendering applications with specific settings for the apps, which all work wonderfully well, but for gaming I think this is a common "myth" to an extent. ive a few friends who have had quite a few problems with drivers on Nvidia hardware in specific titles, from texture corruption to miscellaneous rendering issues.

I strongly believe that its one of those myths that just "sticks" and people continue to quote it even when perhaps its not as valid now as it was lets say 1 or 2 years ago. We should all stick to our own experiences and knowledge not just what we read on other forums or hear from word of mouth down from friends of friends. I can speak myself from quite a bit of experience with both hardware series. I had a 5950 ultra for a while and the only set that would run Thief 2 and NFSU were the 45.xxs anything else after that I would get hardlocks. This of course could be down to a specific hardware confliction but this was after a clean install (and if a few sets worked why not others). And again when I first installed the Quadro I used a beta set Nvidia supplied me and Poser 5 would corrupt the opengl viewer when moving or panning views, again an older set worked fine.

I had received a while ago an independent study researched by Microsoft in which ATI drivers had the least cases of crashing. Food for thought.

11. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

This is a table made by MikeC over at nvnews.net (nvidia user site) which puts all of the reviews he's looked at and sorts them out by which card did better.

[​IMG]

Now I don't know about you but if you say Farcry is a 'next-gen' game then my moneys all for whatever ATI's cooking up.

+I'm getting sick of reading something interesting and then finding out it came from Theinquirer...

12. mikeycooly

mikeycooly New Member

It's a fact that most of the time what you read in "theinquirer" comes out in the main press a week or two later. Now You ati fans seem to not like this info but you all praised this kind of stuff when they showed the x800. AND THAT WAS TRUE! My 2 cents :) Also the 6800 Has Won SERVERAL benches against the x800pro and xt.

13. HardwareHeaven

Actually I got the gainward email several days ago from Wolfram, not everything you get in email is "publishable". Its just the way PR works, I guess until you run a site you wont know how it works - certain sites love the "scandal", after all its hit generating, isnt it?

the 6800 is an excellent card but please lets not get into PR email and basing hardware primarily on that.

14. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

Praised? I think not mike. Most of it was 'we will wait and see' comments.

Yes and the x800P won a number in return. They came out about even on bench wins, but ATI still has superior AA and AF techniques.

If you do happen to believe the 420 is just the r300 again your free to do so. I mean it does nothing but increase the core's impressiveness. Though in this case the inq is full of bull. There is new hardware in the core to do their new hardware compression and rendering techniques.

So thinking you could pull a chip out of a 9700 and throw it on a x800 board and have it work seems a bit silly don't you think?

15. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

maybe so... but surely next gen stuff is the way to go - ati clearly leads in that!

far cry - ati thrashes nv - tech demos ati thrashes nv - nalu's 300,000 polygons being thrashed by ruby's polygon count

16. mikeycooly

mikeycooly New Member

Now I will get flamed for this but. Next Gen is NVIDIA with ps 3.0 and 128 bit persion. Now i'm not saying it's a r300 that crazy! they would of aleast of reused r360 and added some goodies. But this article could have legality we will have to wait and see.

17. SJae

SJae Banned

To Zardon:

Just because ATI drivers crash the OS the least does not mean it does not corrupt/mess up the games the least.

To everyone else:

ATI's hardware is NOT next-gen. It is super-beefed up in that it now has twice the amount of pipelines and a couple new features. But, it does not support the next evolution of Direct X and its associated features.

nVIDIA's cards, on the other hand, have beefed-up architecture as well as new hardware to support the next Direct X evolution.

BTW, the AA and AF quality are pretty much equal to each other . Neither company has an obvious edge in AA or AF quality anymore

Also, you truly are a geek who has no life if you are bitching about getting +10fps more on an ATI card when the framerates are already in the hundreds. Guess what? You are not a super human being--you can't tell the difference with your eyes the difference between 130fps and 150fps. That's your homo sapien limitations!

So, for those geeks (losers), get a life and stop trying to pass for a uber geek.

18. HardwareHeaven

Chill out Sjae no need for the attitude, if you have a point make it, no need to unbutton the pants and start personal insults, you are already on a fine line if I remember from the reports of my moderators. This thread is going nowhere anyway apart from a flame fest with ATI and Nvidia users. closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.