Nvidia 52.16 drives officially out now lads n lasses!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Bicka, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

2. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

Funny you should mention that cos it also happened to me. I just ran the setup.exe again, restarted and there it was working again. That was a new one to me though...it doesn't let you change resolution from 640x480 for some reason. You can set it to 1024x768 and choose the colour size but the second u hit apply it just throws u back to 640x480 8bit. :confused:

3. MIG-31

ashfaqone try this:

1) download driver cleaner from http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/ then install.

2)open driver cleaner then find the option "cab cleaner" then use.this removes the old 27.42 drivers from sp1.

3)remove drivers from add/remove option.

4)when asked to restart do so but when restart hold f8 then select "safe mode" from options given.

4)when in safe mode open driver cleaner for a second time then select "nvidia"then press clean. this removes any inf files windows leaves behind.

5)when complete reboot to normal,if cab cleaner is successful you should get the add hardware window instead of installing above drivers(27.42).

6)disable any anti virus software.

7)locate & install 52.16 dets.

reboot and things should be fine.

you might have conflicts from overwriting previous drivers NEVER DO THAT.

hope that sorts out your fault.

ps after option 5 you might be worth reinstalling dx9.0b and the latest chipset drivers for your mobo.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
  4. kop48

kop48 New Member

You don't need to reboot after safemode or remove the cab files- once you've booted into safe mode, cancel the hardware install, run the file cleaner and then, once that's done, install the .16's. Works a charm as long as you have a decent file cleaner. I use Nvidia File Remover (available from www.guru3d.com).

5. MIG-31

that i do know.

the way i done that is that i have ati 9600pro.it put out like that for a reason to comply for ati & nvidia cards.

for ati you can not install the drivers in safe mode because the from 9500 mp upwards are true dx9 supported and safe mode don't load the full dx9 files it uses a cut down version for repairs etc.

6. Markius

Markius New Member

i put them on and got a lower score on 3dmark 2001se BUT in actuall games they seemed to look better and run better....wierd no? :hmm:

7. MIG-31

always the same for me which is why i don't follow bench mark scores.it's what i see on screen that counts.

8. ajm786

ajm786 New Member

Confirm this for me or not:

These drivers's color correction display controls are flawed.

Here is the scenario.

On my computer, I enable the nVidia desktop manager in the tray. When you right click on it, there is an option to change color correction, if you've created a custom profile, or, Set to Default.

After installling my drivers (Det 30.82) I go to the color correction panel, set to my likings, because my screen is too bright. I like to use a darker profile for regular browsing, and for photo editing I set to defaults. When I do this, I save the profile to a name like Relaxing.

When I want to switch back and forth between my profile and the hardware default, all I have to do is right click on the nVidia logo in my tray and set to my liking.

On the 52.16, you can set the color correction to your profile, but you cannot switch back to hardware defaults. When you right on the nVidia logo, then click Set to Defaults, it does nothing. It stays on the modified color correction profile. In order to set it back you have to go into the Display Properties and Set to Default.

This bug is very annoying, and, since I can't lose the feature of color correction, I switched back to the 30.82s.

9. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

Could u not have just made a colour setting which was close to defaults? I know it doesnt let u save when its already default but you could have easily changed something everso slightly and then saved it under the name default.

10. ajm786

ajm786 New Member

It won't change to any profile once it's set to something other than default, period. It just doesn't work.

For tryers I tried Det 45 and it worked perfectly fine. Color correction is definitely b0rked in these new drivers.

11. G@MeBoY

G@MeBoY makes your mouse tremmble!

performance

I get 3dmark2001se score of 10959 with 51.16 drivers, with 41.09 I get 11876 ! I have acctualy downloaded almost every realese of detonators and every new realese gives less performance,or, in best case the same wheter I benchmark in 3dmark2001se or 2003...Also, there seem to be some issues with antialising, something is definetly wrong with it... ??? Anyway, I am sticking to 41.09 so far they've been best for me.

12. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

Well with a ti4200 what can u expect to happen? With all the new cards must come new code. I'd suggest sticking with 41.09 until u get a new graphics card anyways. Theres no need to update any further. If new games don't play well it'll be because of your graphics bottleneck.

13. G@MeBoY

G@MeBoY makes your mouse tremmble!

Well,

New games run just fine :) BUT I do expect doom3 and Half-life2 to run misserable (english is not my native language) then I will get a new vid-card and will stick to catalyst drivers :)))