nVidia 8800 GT driver problems

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by fluffypain, Dec 8, 2008.

1. fluffypain

fluffypain New Member

Hello all, I have an 8800 GT, have had it for about 6 months and have had nothing but problems. I've been told its a problem with the drivers, so I've tried several different ones, but still experience problems...like distorted graphics on occassion, black screen, freeze-ups etc...having finally gotten fed up I coughed out $10 bucks to buy driver cleaner today, and am not seeing an improvement. I don't have the money to replace this card right now, i have to try and figure out how to make it work, I guess I'm posting here to see if anyone else has experienced problems with the 8800GT. I've heard it was problematic, but is there anything that can be done other than RMA?

2. fluffypain

fluffypain New Member

So, I pretty much figured it must be the card. The actual hardware must have gone bad. I followed drivercleaner's instructions explicitly, and I mean, they charge $10 for this product, so it MUST work, right? Anyway, I took the 8800 out and put in my old 7600GT and now my games are unplayable.

The question I have now is, I would follow driver cleaner's instructions, uninstall all nvidia driver components, reboot in safemode, uninstall display adapters because there's no way for me to cancel the automatic rebuild of them, run driver cleaner using all of the filters that start with nvidia (I don't have an nForce chipset on my motherboard) then run the driver cleaner, then reboot and install the new drivers and upon installing the new drivers it said each and everytime i tried it "<name of driver file> already exists do you wish to overwrite" :confused: Indicating nothing was actually cleaned or uninstalled. I check the log files and it shows several deletions, but nothing ever goes into my Recycle Bin. One of the final steps is to empty the recycle bin, a step I have not had to take as there's never anything in the recycle bin.

I hate to sound rude or cause a comotion here, but seems you fellas got my $10 and I got....nothing .....? Except for a retention of all my old problematic driver files that I spent money to clean out.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I"m very frustrated. And I'm afraid I'm also not impressed with the so-called 'support' offered here.

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

first a note that Driver Cleaner does never delete files to the recycle bin so that is why they are not in there.

Are you sure the powersupply is ok and enough power to power the card? Have you also tried gaming with the pc case open? so you can test if it could be some overheating problem.

Is there maybe some place on your system that could have the driver still there that windows uses to reinstall it? So some directory outside the windows folder?