nvidia drivers and tvout problem!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by MurderOne, Feb 28, 2004.

1. MurderOne

MurderOne New Member

here's a problem thats bugging me.

I regualarly use the tvout on my geforce 5200mx card (gainward) and with the driver version 52.16 everything seems fine, except the nview manager isn't quite as good as the other versions.

everytime i upgrade my drivers i have the following problems

1. i seem to have to reinstall them about 3-4 times before they actually stick on the system without any strange problems. sometimes the driver number doesn't change in the card settings in the device at CP. Sometimes they don't install and my win xp boots up in 4 colour mode or something with low resolution. Anyway, usually reinstalling the driver by running the setup and/or manually updating them in the contorl panel gets them on eventually.

2. once any driver version above 52.16 is out i install them and when i get them on everything seems ok. The tvout even seems ok until i am watching a movie using media player or something and then the actual movie part is just black. i can see the desktop in full colour, even the player, but the actual move is just black. it happens with anything i try to watch.

putting the drivers back to 52.16 usually fixes this blackout problem.

the last driver builds that i tried yesterday where 53.04 and 56.56. but i've tried numerous builds higher that 52.16 and even the official ones don't work correctly.

any ideas?

2. dicecca112

dicecca112 New Member

I would try using the driver cleaner program and then reinstall your drivers of choice