Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb PCI (not express!!)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Nymins, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

YEAH !!!!!! :w00t:

That's, what I'm talking about :D
    Holy cow, X1300 128-bit should kick some serious @ss.
    64-bit is killing PCI graphic card speed, period.
    Thank you Fredondo , thank you thank you thank you.
    This is good news, 100% more surprises are coming for sure
    It's not over yet.
    Common Nvidia & Ati , who's next with even better treat ?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. Jpac28

Jpac28 New Member

Hey ChampionFX, I have been trying to get in contact with you! Check your PM and Email!

3. killazebra

killazebra New Member

So before i go out and buy this new video card i have some questions. with the x1300 will i FINALLY be able to update th drivers, that drove me carzy on the 6200. Does this card make the little lines and artifacts that the 6200, and can you play video better with this card. And this maybe a long shot, but do u think it will be able to run :drool:Crysis:drool:(even on the lowest)

4. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello :cool:

I don't know how X1300 will run with "Crysis" game but Diamond Viper is fantastic stable overclocker !!!!
    I'm still running Cat 6.9 driver without any problem even though there is already 6.12 release from ATI.
    There is no small lines or any other distraction.
    It's the latest video technology included with this X1300 card so yes it is better than 6200 also with much better performance.
    6200 was pretty much unable to score some FPS with 3Dmark06 and X1300 scored healthy 880 points considering it is PCI bus card.
    Overclocking, that I'm currently running with core @ 521MHz and memory @ 750MHZ is huge boost to card rendering speed without any extra cooling fans.
    I'm using ATIToll for overclocking.
    YEAH , you have nothing to lose with X1300 to play Crysis and you may be even surprised with performance and FPS.
    Computer is now recognizing this card as PCI Express 1X and also bus mastering is helping data transfer from default 32MHz to 66MHz.
    I think that Visiontek X1300 is slower than Diamond Viper X1300.
    It's your choice ;)
    Have good time playing Crysis with the new Diamond Viper X1300 256MB

PS: I'm able to fly my IL-2 Forgotten Battles series for the fist time with perfect beautiful water, with nice sporty 30 FPS !!!! which is considered pretty good.
    My former BFG 6200 couldn't handle the perfect water with shader 3.0 at all.
    BFG 6200 was good card but Diamond Viper X1300 is better.
    I'm happy camper and I did make a good choice.
    Also I can wait now a little bit longer with PC upgrade or new system altogether.

5. killazebra

killazebra New Member

When i was on newegg buying the diamond viper x1300 some of the reviews said that this video card locks their pcs up, has this happen to you.

6. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

No , it never happened to me that computer locks up or gave me blue screen of death with Diamond X1300 256MB PCI bus card.
    There could have been problem for them not uninstalling completely previous video driver whatever they were using before.
    I did uninstall my Nvidia driver, then used Driver Cleaner 3 and then still opened system32 folder and deleted some of the remaining folders that were still belonging to the Nvidia driver.
    I haven't read many issues with this card , I got mine from newegg also and I remember some guy did said in rewiew something about very small data bandwidth speed.
    Considering what newest chip is in this X1300 and Peak Pixel Fill Rate: 1.8 Gpixels/sec.
    I thought something was not right with his review.
    X1300 card have blast speed and yes there is I can say waaay faster textures processing and gaming than with my former BFG 6200 256MB PCI bus card.
    I'm gonna take a look again on newegg Diamond Viper X1300 256MB PCI bus review after a while what others have to say.
    My personal experience is that Diamond X1300 overclocked at 520MHz/750MHz is almost half faster than GeForce 6200 and more than half faster in 3DMark05 score and a lot faster in 3Dmark06.
    Until there is something better then X1300 I would never go back to GeForce 6200.
    HAHA.. the only game I play, after so many PCI bus cards , finally X1300 is now handling it beautifuly so I'm happy as never before. :)

7. killazebra

killazebra New Member

How did you overcloock your memory to 750 every time i overclock it to past 409mhz it starts artifacting, I'm using ATITool. I did mange to overclock the core to 520 without a hitch. How did you get the core to 750 I cant figure out how :(

8. killazebra

killazebra New Member

also i have notice that my games run a lot faster with higher settings but when i try playing guild wars with this card it runs at5-7 fps, before on the bfg 6200 it was running fine WTF!!:mad:

9. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I'm sorry killazebra I should have been more specific.
    It's core @ 520MHz and memory overclocked @ 750MHz TOTAL !!!
    It's actualy 373.50 MHz x 2 = 750MHz .
    Some are using total memory number and some may 373.50 x 2 :drool:
    Yeah, you have to overclock it with ATITool to 375.50 which will give you total of 750MHz
    which is waaaay enough but still safe.

Default memory clock MHz in ATITool shows 270MHz x 2 = 540MHz .

With your guild wars game , you have to check it out all the settings with your game
    not to be running something that could be too much for the X1300 card or check it out
    forum for guild wars to find out if there is anything about performance settings.
    Also you have to play more with configuration in your ATI Catalyst driver.
    I bet ya , that there is something that will get you a lot more FPS with the right settings.
    I hope you will get guilds war to play it nicely.
    It's hard to imagine that guild wars is somehow coded to be able running better on Nvidia 6200.
    X1300 is beating BFG6200 in every aspect with just 3DMarks alone prove the superior performance of X1300 plus a lot of other guys are playing newest games with much better results with X1300 than with BFG6200.

10. killazebra

killazebra New Member

*Deleted*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  11. killazebra

killazebra New Member

Nevermind that wasnt the problem. Damn no one seems to know whats wrong with guild wars :(

12. killazebra

killazebra New Member

13. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

OOPS ! Log in required :drool:

14. killazebra

killazebra New Member

my bad

username:Driverheaven
    Pass: drivers

15. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello killazebra :cool:

Thanks for giving log in, it was interesting read what others have to say.
    One thing with games is that Open GL applications are taking more advantage of video card performance but DirectX games are using a lot more CPU cycles to play the game.
    If CPU is staying around 90% or even 100% this could be the problem if you take to consideration that CPU needs to feed other stuff in your computer.
    I'm playing game that is Open GL and even though CPU is at 100% also it doesn't cause any lag or seconds freezings as the majority of video processing is going through video card GPU without much help of CPU.
    Unfortunately at this point after reading all possible fixes offered by guys on guild wars forum I strongly believe that there is nothing wrong with the card , it is actualy the game and the way it was optimized for various video cards and computers as such.
    There is no waaaay ,that a lot of other DirectX games are running without a hitch but Guild wars brings X1300 on to it's knees even after nice overclocking.
    Coding of the game may be the culprit of the problems in use of CPU.
    Because lag is not occuring with the same time sequences ,it's more likely that any other windows processing running in backround that needs CPU from time to time will cause the game to slow down to the maximum.
    Also as someone already mention in the Guild wars forum, there are computer models that can't get together well with X1300 PCI but this is not the case with your computer.
    I'm sorry for the card not working well with Guild wars , probably nobody would expect those kind of slowdown in FPS.
    Overclocking should have nothing to do with this problem and it won't take card lifespan as long as computer is properly kept cool even with just default fans and kept clean of dust.
    Maybe there is something very little that is causing low FPS and someone will find out about it soon and post solution.

:tears:

16. killazebra

killazebra New Member

o well maybe god doesnt want to waste my life on mmos lol. Well anyways thanks for all the help champion, you really offered a great deal of it. Now i dont have to buy a new pc for a couple years.

17. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

:)

HAHA, if they keep making new and better PCI bus video cards, I'm afraid i will keep upgrading forewer and will never get new machine :rofl:
    I hope there is not soon for sale 2007 generation new PCI bus video card twice the power of X1300 :drool:

Thanks for the kind words killazebra and I'm sure god wants you to play a lot of other good games on your X1300 PCI !!!!!;)
    Sincerely
    ChampionFx

18. Cro_Cop

Cro_Cop New Member

Looks like it doesn't stop at the X1300. Radeon is launching the X1550 for PCI as well. I wonder if Nvidia will try to release something better.

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=301&Itemid=34

This is getting very interesting I thought I was doomed to only play games that were made before 2003 until I can afford a new comp, but with these new cards for PCI I could probably play FEAR and Oblivion without getting a new PC.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  19. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :w00t: :duh: :annoyed: :x

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I will go bankrupt pretty soon if they keep on releasing new PCI bus card models every month !!! :rofl:
    Nvidia ? hello , anyone ? GeForce 8800 GTX PCI bus ? maybe ?

Cro_Cop , thanks , good find buddy ;)

20. killazebra

killazebra New Member

lol i'm right there with you champion. This is unbeliveable i just bought the x1300, if i get this next one that means the 5500, 6200, and x1300 will be just collecting dust. I'll just wait till someone here is brave enough to get it and try it out :)

It seems to me that all they did was release a video card that has core/memory speeds just a little bit higher then a overclocked x1300

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007