Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb PCI (not express!!)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Nymins, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

YEAH killazebra :D ,

We're gonna be one of the biggest collectors of PCI bus cards HAHA....
    Nothing is known exactly about X1550 performance as I haven't seen one for sale yet in PCI bus only modification.
    Sapphire on e-bay is in PCI Express x 16 model with core clock and memory clock should be about the same , but the price for PCI bus will be quite higher than this e-bay Sapphire.
    I don't see this Saphire being Vista ready, which brand new X1550 PCI bus card will be without question.
    I need to chill out and wait for the release and then we will see how it goes :)
    It would be nice if X1550 have even better processing chip but I don't know , I'm lazy to find out right now .
    With default memory at 800MHz , we should be able to push it in to a 1000MHz , and core clock should go also higher without any problem as X1300 was also fantastic overclocker and with this core and memory clock we should have some fun playing these even much more demanding latest games.
    X1550 is going to eat FPS alive !!!!!! Yeah baby :drool:

2. killazebra

killazebra New Member

oops my bad. when looked it up i thought it just said pci........

3. killazebra

killazebra New Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  4. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I'm wondering who is going to manufacture this X1550 PCI bus version.
    Visiontek may take up on the challenge and probably again Diamond Multimedia company.
    I hope someone will post the link if and where X1550 PCI bus card is for sale.
    Waiting..............and waiting ........ and wai............:sleep:

5. Fredondo

Fredondo New Member

Hello!
    It seems like you can buy the x1550 PCI at Diamonds online store for 129.99$:
    http://www.diamondmm.com/X1550PRO256P.php

Based on what I've read on a Norwegian site it seems like the x1300 and x1550 are identical except for the production technology which is 90nm for the x1300 and 80nm for the x1550. This means that the x1550 card can be run at a higher clock frequency and is better suited for overclocking.

Sadly for me it seems like the thinkpad dock II doesn't like the x1300 series pci-cards.(thinkpads.com) I have the dock I version but I'm afraid that the same holds for this version as well. So I'll just have to wait until a pci-card which is guaranteed to work with my thinkpad dock shows up....

Maybe the x1550 will, but I doubt it, so I hoping for nvidia......

6. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

That was fast Fredondo :D thanks,

I looked few days ago for Diamond x1550 on their website but under the VIPER model like x1300 , unfortunately this model is under STEALTH name , haha my bad :uhoh:
    I will skip x1550 PCI bus card, until something more powerful shows up.
    x1300 is already overclocked beyond the x1550 default core and memory clock.
    Right now the core and memory clock is enough , I would rather pray for newer generation of PCI bus with the most helpful performance gain and that would be more pipelines.
    I'm beginning to belive that PCI bus video cards are not that much dog slow as other like to make out of it, as x1300 is already quite capable but if they pack in more pipelines model, then this thing could be surprisingly fast and at this point it doesn't matter for me if it is ATI or Nvidia , we need more pipelines so the texture processing could be shared between more pipes period.
    Considering still public interest in PCI bus video cards , we will get one soon I hope :drool:
    Thanks again Fredondo , hopefully you will get your card that is compatible with thinkpad dock .

Sincerely,
    ChampionFx

7. frusciante

frusciante New Member

hi guys
    i have a pavilion with only 3 pci slots....
    so im going to buy a pci card, only few days ago i was decided to go for the diamond viper x1300 but now, im very confused.
    i think at this point no one had the chance to check the new x1550 from diamond or HIS(64bit but 800mhz memory clock and 600mhz core clock), so i dont know if they will perform at least a bit better than the diamond x1300.
    Do you think the x1550 will be better than the x1300? even if the x1300 is a viper and the x1550 is stealth (vipex is better than stealth theorically).
    i need some advice because i dont live in the usa and a friend is coming from USA in just 8 days, thats the time i got to buy the card (the x1300 is out of stock online and the x1550 will be on stock in 3 days aprox).
    If someone know about a retail store in Miami with the new card please tell me.
    thanks guys

8. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I'm sorry frusciante :tears:

I have no idea of any retail store in the USA probably except for online like newegg.com that would be already selling X1550.
    Direct buy from the Diamond store is available yet more expensive, again online order but they're at least shipping outside USA.
    BestBuy stores that are all over the USA are selling only BFG6200 OC 256MB PCI bus and Visiontek X1300 256MB PCI bus so far.

Well, there is not much time left for your friend to get one X1550 PCI bus card for you
    so you will have to order one online with whoever store is shipping outside USA.

Get X1550 PCI , it should be better than X1300 as you don't have to overclock it and should have faster better chip.

Sincerely,
    ChampionFx

9. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

i personally would go with the faster memory, -128 bit then overclock the core.

10. Nymins

Nymins New Member

Man, just came back after a long time off to see this old thread still going strong :) Nice to see more and more PCI cards coming out though.

11. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Yeah, I forgot , get only 128-bit X1550 PCI bus card which Diamond Stealth is.

I don't know if HIS model is only 64 bit but if it is, that would be no go.
    Also same with Visiontek , if they keep making 64-bit version of PCI bus cards then there will be no sales for them. :(
    I can tell, there is a huge performance boost between poor 64-bit and faster 128-bit PCI bus card.

@ Nymins:

Thanks for checking back in here and for starting this Topic :)

12. frusciante

frusciante New Member

Thanks a lot for the answer Champion FX
    i wont get the card right now but maybe is better because i will be able to read reviews and benchmarks on the x1550.
    About the 64 -128 bit issue, i read in another forum that the diamond x1300 128 bit was recognized as a 64 bit on some software, anyway ati tool still recognize it as a 128 bit, i dont know if there is a way to be sure about this 64-128 bit issue.

13. killazebra

killazebra New Member

I'm sorry my fellow pci brothers, but I have seen the gaming future for pci and its looking pretty grim :( sadly I have decided its time to upgrade, Dell has a very nice deal going on for their E521, which are pretty much compatilble with all of the new cpu's and new cutting edge video cards. and can have up to 4 gb of ram :w00t:, and if you are a gamer with a pci card I'd advise you to start saving and get this deal. I almost feel like I'm abandoning you:sigh: but for $419, its a deal that i just can't pass up. I hope you guys fare well with your pci cards, maybe you guys will just get that nividia generation 7xxx card.:drool:

14. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello frusciante ;)

It's always better to wait a little bit so you won't end up with collection of latest PCI bus video cards that are getting released about every two months or so :x
    My ATITool is recognnizing x1300 as 64 bit PCI-Express card probably because of PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge to allow the Radeon X1300 visual processing unit with native PCI Express interface to work on mainboards with PCI slots only.
    [​IMG]
    That's where ATITool may not recognize probably the 128-bit.
    Other folks are also saying that ATITool is not optimized to recognize x1300 in PCI bus version yet.
    BFG 6200 OC 256MB 64-bit PCI bus got choked badly when game was using full potential of shader 3.0 but Diamond X1300 is choping FPS like a charm.
    I strongly suspect 128-bit performance over 64-bit even though I may be wrong.
    I'm already happy with X1300 but if they came up with something even better , that would be nice.

@ Kilazebra :)

yeah , that's the way to go in near future that may be also for me pretty soon :taste:
    Unfortunately, because there is nothing much yet that is pushing me immediately
    to upgrade for a new machine , I'm gonna stay in here for a while .
    I can get new machine tomorrow but there are a lot of good guys who will resolve any
    possible issues with new Windows Vista first and then I will jump on bandwagon :D .
    I have already enough over few years fixing issues with PCI bus card and Intel Extreme Graphics.
    I'm going to relax and wait until a lot of PC gurus will say it's time to switch to Wista.

Sincerely,
    ChampionFx

15. Nymins

Nymins New Member

No problem ChampionFX. Hows the X1300 going for you? Good performance in games for a PCI card? Im still on my old FX5200 in my Dell Dim2400.

16. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello Nymins ;) ,

How are you ?
    thanks for asking , my Diamond X1300 is like a rocket comparing to old days starting with my Visiontek Extasy 9200 256MB PCI card 128-bit.
    It's realy so nice to be member of this forum as here is a great bunch of guys helping each other .
    If not for this forum members I would probably completely missed new X1300 PXI bus model and will not know it for a while that there is new X1300 model and now even X1550 PCI bus :drool:

I love experiments with PCI bus video cards, trying get something out of nothing is very rewarding :D squeezing and tweaking the last bit from PCI bus card.
    I'm so scared, that once I get new bad @ss machine I won't have that much fun anymore.
    Do I need to seek a doctor ? :x

Sincerely,
    ChampionFx

17. Nymins

Nymins New Member

Lol a doctor may be a bit too much :cool:. The new cards seem really tempting for my old Dell, but what are the prices like? The last time i checked the 6200 PCI was pretty expensive in the UK.

18. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Yeah, the price is still concern for a lot of folks .
    It's not fair to get PCI bus video card for a price of already many next generation powerful PCI x 16 graphics cards :oops:

I bought my Diamond x1300 PCI bus video card from newegg.com including rebate for something like $80 while they did offer rebate a while ago.

Right now prices are on newegg.com:

3DFuzion 6200 PCI bus video card = $42.99
    Visiontek x1300 PCI bus video card = $79.99
    Diamond x1300 PCI bus video card = $119.99 (out of stock and no rebate at this time)

Diamond website online store:

x1300 PCI bus video card = $129.00
    x1550 PCI bus video card = $129.99

Most expensive of them all is for sure still BFG 6200 PCI bus card , it was something like
    $155 when I got one from BestBuy and they're still I believe quite pricey :annoyed:

I'm waiting for next breakthrough in the world of PCI bus video card models.
    How's the prices going in the UK ? probably also expensive.

Sincerely,
    ChampionFx

19. Nymins

Nymins New Member

Well they are basically just the same as the US conversion. However, i have only seen the BFG 6200 at my local store and none of the others :(

20. frusciante

frusciante New Member