Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb PCI (not express!!)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Nymins, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello KrAzY3 :cool:

1. Is your card sharing IRQ with any other device ?
    2. Are you using driver cleaner between each and new driver install ?
    3. What did you selected in BIOS configuration for primary video acceleration ?
    4. Is the Intel Graphics still showing up in Device Manager ?
    5. Were you able to uninstall Intel Graphics driver and if not did you disabled Intel Graphics
    in Device Mnager ?
    6. Default NVIDIA settings Color correction are set to Desktop, can you try to change to "all" ,this may help you with a lot of freezing and blue screen errors, just try it.
    7. Last chance ,you can always try going to Control panel > Administrative Tools > Services > NVIDIA driver service and double click select disable , apply then go to START > RUN > type in msconfig then select Startup and uncheck " NvCpl " also " nwiz " and " NvMcTray " click apply and reboot machine.
    These last options should help prevent driver from freezing and crashing games.

It's very tricky to find out what is messing up system configuration :duh: .

2. KrAzY3

KrAzY3 New Member

First, I want to say thanks for the advice.

1: Not as far as I can tell, only things I see with PCI or 6200 would be PCI bus and direct memory access controller on same I/O port and PCI bus and 6200 at the same memory address. It doesn't seem to me like any of these shouldn't be sharing. However, I will say that when the graphics card go nuts sometimes the sound messes up to (everything messes up, I hit the windows key and ctr+alt+dlt like crazy since it would completely hang, but it even rebooted a couple of times and not sure if it was my doing but I saw a weird error for a fraction of a second and XP shouldn't just up and reboot even if I'm hitting ctr+alt+dlt, right?) so I did wonder if there was some sort of conflict. If there's something I should change, I must claim ignorance.

2: No, I didn't before (wasn't aware of the program) but I used it now and still no change. At least I have the peace of mind of knowing it isn't some left over driver...

3: PCI

4: Yes

5: No, but I did disable it in the device manager. I noticed I wasn't the only person unable to disable it otherwise. I also set the memory set aside for it down to 1 meg, that shouldn't mess anything up though, right?

6: Tried that, before and after cleaning the drivers. I didn't notice any difference.

7: Gave it a shot, didn't act any difference aside from the obvious.

I could change PCI slots and reformat, could that make a difference?
    I noticed another problem outside of games (only one I found so far). Watching video, and doing a couple things at once, the computer froze up and displayed a odd shaped artifact (I suppose that's what you could call it) to the left of the screen. It was black and kind of round and everything froze up for a while and then got back to normal (and then I just closed stuff before it had a chance to do it again). It is possible that the mother board isn't supplying as much power to the PCI slot as this card needs? It runs Dxdiag just fine, it only seems to mess up on more resource heavy stuff. Keep in mind it doesn't do this with the 7500LE.

3. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I had same odd shaped artifact and it eventualy disappear after few reboots.
    I don't know why but in my case , after few reboots 3D Fuzion 6200 had less problems.
    Maybe the driver better melted in to the system after a while :duh:
    I just asked about IRQ which should be only for this card ( in my case IRQ21 ) and the rest sharing like direct memory access and PCI bus memory is OK.
    Nothing to loose if you try different PCI slot , but generaly should be the one closest to the CPU.
    To stop system automatically rebooting click START > My Computer > right click > select Properties > Advanced > navigate to Startup and Recovery > click Settings and uncheck "Automatically Restart " and click OK.
    Whatever will happen it will not restart system so you will have time to see what kind of error popped up on your screen.
    PSU power supply should not be the problem, I'm running 300 Watt without any problem and also 250 Watt should provide plenty of power.
    If I remember that one of the requirements was PCI slot 2.0 I thing for providing Bus Mastering for better data speed.

Color Correction sellected to "ALL" that I mentioned curred my problems with video playing. I've read this problem in NVIDIA forum occuring to many guys .
    Nvidia FX series handled onboard systems much better than this 6200 model.
    My former BFG FX 5500 OC 256MB PCI bus card did handle anything that happen from my system :) , 6200 is waaaaay much more sensitive to any little sh!t.
    Reformat may help but there is no 100% , personally I wouldn't do that.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  4. KrAzY3

KrAzY3 New Member

I have to admit I'm not very encouraged by your post. I got the 6200 thinking I was getting a increase in performance over the 5700LE, but it sounds like it would take some luck to get it to work even close to properly on my computer. My brother's old computer with shared Intel video runs it without a hitch though, so I suppose he'll be the one with the "better" card... but he's not the one who likes playing Oblivion :mad:

I might end up doing a reformat anyway, time to clean the clutter but unless anyone has other ideas I have to assume it just doesn't like my computer. Thanks again though, the advice helped me narrow down the possibilities and I appreciate you taking your time to help me out.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia New Member

anyone planning on getting this 6200 pci ? don't do it, it's complete crap card. save your $100 and get a new mother board, trust me, i own this garbage and get very low fps in games and it's very choppy.

6. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I'm sorry KrAzY3 :oops: ,

I really wish you can somehow get this card to work.
    I tried from beginning to warn people about 3D Fuzion 6200 instability , but once they got it, there may be for some point of no return :annoyed:
    I don't know of anything else that could be tried to fix those problems.
    There is definitely something interesting: I had very much the same problems that you described with 3D Fuzion 6200 and even though I managed to get it at least stable ( blue screen once a week :( ) in my opinion the 3D Fuzion 128MB memory is the problem.
    If there was not complete freeze then I had blue screen , if not blue screen I had this odd shaped artifact from time to time so I did surrender and got BFG 6200 256MB memory .
    BFG 6200 256MB is stable without any problems on my machine so there must be something wrong with 3D Fuzion 6200.
    128MB memory were always better for overclocking rather than 256MB yet 3D Fuzion 6200 128MB is hard locked exactly at 400MHz, we can't OC even by one MHz .
    This is probably reason when a game is very demanding and for sure there is voltage fluctuation even by a tiny little bit , any spike that may go over 400MHz that shouldn't otherwise freeze the system, will bring 3D Fuzion card memory to crash the system.
    Because BFG 6200 256MB memory can be freely overclocked from 410MHz to about 510Mhz stable, I don't see any freezing and very rarely blue screen error ( I don't remember last one ) this is only explanation why I see the problem with 3D Fuzion 6200 freezing the whole system.
    3D Fuzion that I have is using Samsung memory, is that crap or they hard locked MHz in video bios ? that's the question I'm trying to find :x even driver coolbits can't do that.
    I believe that there should be some room + - for video memory MHz.

I can be totally wrong and my opinion a complete nonsense and I wish someone will find better explanation for 3D Fuzion not going well with many systems with onboard Intel Graphics .

@ Katatonia

BFG 6200 is running just fine :taste:

What I should suppose to do with new Motherboard ?
    Please, can you post names of Motherboards that will 100% fit in to my Compaq Presario 6330US model and will not require more than 300 Watt PSU with same Compaq power connectors and with no need for new XP Home SP2 operating system ?
    Thanks in advance :rofl:

7. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello KrAzY3 :cool:

I just want to ask you about two more things:

1. Did you install latest DirectX from February 2006 ? in my case I installed first December 2005 update for DirectX ( size 46.1 MB ) and latter February 2006 DirectX ( size 49.0 MB )

2. When you run DirectX Diagnostic Tool , do you have any problems running "Test Direct Draw" and "Test Direct 3D" ?

It would be wise to have latest DirectX installed and then running those tests and making sure that Direct Draw acceleration and Direct 3D acceleration is enabled .

8. SatsukiMikata

SatsukiMikata New Member

HellooooOoOoOoo!!

Haha, every time I come onto this thread I feel differently about this card. I'm selling my 5700LE on ebay right now. I hope to get the BFG 6200 within the next week.

Thanks ChampionFx, you have been TONS more helpful than BFG themselves. I had to send them 5 emails to get a very small amount of information on this video card. I hope this is worth it! I need something to keep me enthused.

Basically--Thanks Thanks Thanks!
    I'll be sure to post more when I receive the card! : )
    -Satsuki

9. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hi SatsukiMikata :cool:

Thank you for the kind words :taste:
    BFG 6200 should be running without problems as long as you have system that can get alone with PCI bus video card. ( plus lifetime warranty ) don't worry I'm not working for BFG.
    When you get this card there is always or should be at least small time frame to return this card in case that system won't accept it.
    BFG 6200 is waaay more modern for handling new games than 5700LE and there is also bigger difference in 3Dmark05 benchmark :)

Highest score with 5700LE so far: ( first three ) Those are systems with a quite powerful CPU's running AGP bus rates 8x !!!

3DMark Score: 767............. Untitled

User:XXXXXXXXXXXX...............................Date: 2005-10-16 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3013MHz.................................GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE, 516 MHz / 522 MHz.Display Driver: 8.1.8.4..............................................Driver Status: Non WHQL - Not FM Approved..............Resolution: 1024x768 32 bitOS: Microsoft Windows XPSystem Memory: 510 MBVideo Memory: 256 MB[​IMG]

3DMark Score: 761............... electrorcamd - OC Forums

User: XXXXXXXXXXXX...............................................Date: 2005-9-27 CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) 2750 MHz............................GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE, 526 MHz / 497 MHz..Display Driver: 7.7.7.2...............................................Driver Status: WHQL - FM Approved...........................Resolution: 1024x768 32 bitOS: Microsoft Windows XPSystem Memory: 510 MBVideo Memory: 256 MB[​IMG]

3DMark Score: 760 ....................burn88 -HWinit 3DMark Team Italy-

User: XXXXXXXXX.......................................................... Date: 2005-8-22
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 2200 MHz................................GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE, 486 MHz / 506 MHz.......Display Driver: 7.7.7.2...................................................Driver Status: WHQL - FM Approved...............................Resolution: 1024x768 32 bitOS: Microsoft Windows XPSystem Memory: 1022 MBVideo Memory: 256 MB

HIGHEST SCORE WITH 6200 PCI BUS : ( Sparky6string has about 1278 maybe more but not published with 3DMark05 so far )

3DMark Score: 1233 BFG 6200 PCI bus !!! (not express) 350MHz/500MHz User: XXXXXXXXDate: 2006-4-15 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2001 MHzGPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200, N/A / N/ADisplay Driver: 8.4.4.3Driver Status: Non WHQL - Not FM Approved

Resolution: 1024x768 32 bitOS: Microsoft Windows XPSystem Memory: 1022 MBVideo Memory: 256 MB

HIGHEST SCORE WITH 6200 AGP8x,4x, and PCIx16 express so far: ( some with open extra pipelines as 6600 )

3DMark Score: 4863 vivalinux_6200_dryice_mod User: XXXXXXXXXXDate: 2006-3-24 CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3103 MHzGPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200, 729 MHz / 1242 MHzDisplay Driver: 7.8.0.1Driver Status: WHQL - Not FM ApprovedResolution: 1024x768 32 bitOS: Microsoft Windows XPSystem Memory: 1022 MBVideo Memory: 128 MB

I wish you good luck SatsukiMikata :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  10. simo98088

simo98088 New Member

ChampionFX, hey dude,
    I couldnt find it looking through the thread but was there a certain driver that worked best with
    the Fuzion 6200 or was Nvidias latest released driver fine?

11. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hey simo98088 [​IMG] :D

WHQL certified driver is the best to keep 3D Fuzion 6200 error free.
    All the latest drivers have been just fine and last WHQL release without any problem is from EVGA company FW 84.56 and is approved for very much all Nvidia series cards.
    http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/Default.asp
    3D Fuzion is taking every advantage of latest Nvidia drivers except fot SLI settings :p

There is one more thing that I completely forgot to mention before, for those who have a lot of freeze and games won't run with 3D Fuzion 6200.

Install Nvidia coolbits 2.0 , then go to " Clock Frequency Settings " and make sure that under " settings " Performance 3D is selected .
    If there is " 2D " as a default :
    Select " Manual overclocking " change to " Peformance 3D " , tick " Apply these settings at startup " then APPLY and OK.
    If there is Performance 2D selected you need to change to 3D in order to be game freezes free. !!
    I have no idea why but when you install 3D Fuzion 6200 with some systems " Performance 2D " is selected by default.
    It was not only me , there are a lot more guys having same problem and they also has " 2D " selected as default and they changed this to get 3D Fuzion card to run games.

Make sure " Performance 3D " is selected :)

12. FluXs

FluXs New Member

Just an update

the latest nvidia beta drivers (91.28) still do not remove the artifacts on screen :x:duh:

13. simo98088

simo98088 New Member

I would have prefered a BFG 256 version but here down under the best I can do is the fuzion.

14. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

If you have no other choice than 3D Fuzion then go for it :)
    Try it and if you don't like it , it's return time buddy :x

15. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I tried before and had trouble with 91.28 ( couldn't resist , because of the new Nvidia settings panel :rofl: )
    I'm back to 84.56.
    Pretty much any beta driver without Microsoft WHQL that I tried had the same problem.
    My dvd player refused to play or after few seconds oooops ! freeze , and also Windows Media Player didn't want to play video and system was freezed to death :duh:
    Is this some kind of Microsoft conspiracy , so they have to stamp WHQL certified in order for Windows Media Player to be able to play ? :annoyed:

PS: I don't have any artifacts on my screen except for those little white and black dashes and only when I open some browser website applications.
    It's not bothering me at all :p .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  16. SatsukiMikata

SatsukiMikata New Member

Heyy-o!

This blows, BestBuy is the only place that will ship the video card. It could take weeks to get here though, they claim:bleh:. I don't really like those scheming b!tches:sigh:. All the other places don't appear to sell them anymore. CompUSA has them, but only for store pick-up. I didn't even knew they had stores.

I suppose I'll have to buy it from BestBuy! : / :oops:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  17. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

BestBuy was the only quick choice for me to get my BFG 6200 about two months ago :drool:
    I didn't want to wait for online delivery so I picked it up myself.

CompUSA is the store, where I got my first laptop back in year 2001. :D
    If you google for BFG 6200, there will be for sure more online stores selling this card , have been through all this before :)
    Wishing you good trip to the store.

18. SatsukiMikata

SatsukiMikata New Member

5700LE Benchmarks!

Hey!

I benchmarked my 5700Le with 3DMark05'.

(core/memory)
    -------------Clockspeed-- Results
    Default ----- 250/400 ---- 251
    Overclocked - 425/480 ---- 349
    Maxed ------- 458/483 ---- 364

Pentium 4 @ 2.2ghz
    1Gb DDR333

:)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  19. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I know how it feels :D

When I used to run 3DMark05 with my previous BFG FX 5500 OC 256MB PCI bus video card, I was able to pull out maximum after all overclocking and XP tweaking score of 310 :rofl: .
    It was horror to watch one frame per minute that i decided to do something.
    Score 1233 with my current BFG 6200 OC 256MB PCI bus is like a dream , I was able for the first time to actually watch 3DMark05 with some action and moving picture :taste:
    Yeah, it's not that much but comparing to my previous 310 this was real progress for me.

Waiting for your score with new BFG 6200.
    Hope , that you will not whop my @ss with better score :lol:

20. animekenji

animekenji New Member

Hey, BFG TEch now makes a 6200 PCI with 256 megs ram. It is a bit pricey for a PCI card, but it is probably going to be the end of the road for PCI cards. I can't see anyone making a 6600 or better card for PCI. Even 6200 is pushing it. The old PCI bus just can't keep up with anything fast.

Some of you were discussing upgrading the mb in your older Dell, Compaq or whatever machines, forget it. I have a Compaq W4000 workstation and the damn power supply has UNIQUE VOLTAGES ON SEVERAL OF THE CONNECTORS!!!!! You can't upgrade the power supply or swap in a new motherboard because the power connectors are incompatible. You would end up with too much, or not enough voltage on several circuits. The mass marketers do this intentionally so you have to throw your computer away and buy a new one because your upgrade options are severely limited. They also don't upgrade the bios beyond a certain point because they don't want old machines to recognize too much newer technology. If you are stuck with an old machine and are running out of upgrade paths, just bite the bullet and build your own machine. You won't have so many obsolescense worries later.