Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb PCI (not express!!)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Nymins, Dec 27, 2005.

1. animekenji

animekenji New Member

I am currently running X1600 Pro AGP in a 4x slot with no problems.

2. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Holy cow ! :eek:

One more reason that is reminding me , how stupid I was when I bought my then new Compaq back in year 2002 with motherboard without AGP slot ( at least 4X !!!!! :x )
    I'm glad animekenji , that is working great , it must be one hell of the ride comparing to my poor PCI video card !!!!! :)

3. simo98088

simo98088 New Member

4. randolph

randolph New Member

you would, should and could only "milk PCI" if, you're not interested in getting a new board at all. OR since maybe your processor is a socket 478 and getting a decent board anywhere would be impossible (well though there's e-bay). Other than that, i think you should start saving up for a new pc.

5. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

NICE FIND !!!!!!! :eek: simo98088

I'm getting headache :rofl: and I was living in a dream world that BFG 6200 256MB PCI bus card is the newest modern card out there for us, PCI bus slot dudes !!!!

X1300 PCI 128MB GDDR2 450MHz/533MHz video card will for 100% spank BFG 6200 PCI bus card @ss in performance, :x and I'm afraid big time HAHAHAA .

@ randolph
    Time for new killer machine is cooooming soon ;) !!!

6. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello simo98088 :taste:

Thank you for asking on the other forum about where to find sellers of Radeon X1300 PCI bus.
    I would also like to know who is selling this video card and where. ( U.S ? )
    Please keep asking , maybe someone will came up with answer :)

7. JohanSk

JohanSk New Member

The x1300 PCI isn't shaping up to be too fast. It even says that it is designed for office computers with damaged graphics boards and not for gaming. The main problems are the 128 MB graphics memory and the 32-bit interface...and I thought the 64-bit was bad for the 6200. Basically, stick with the 6200.

8. CtErick

CtErick New Member

Greetings everyone!

I'm new to these forums so I apologize for not introducing myself. Anyhow, i'll get to the point.

Yestrday I purchased the 3D Fuzion 6200 PCI slot 128MB card. Everything was running smooth game wise until I started to get major lag problems. When I go to play .wmv's in windows media player my computer freezes/locks up and I have to wait 1-2 minutes for taskmanager to close wmplayer manually. Not only that, but when I record with Fraps in games, my computer locks up instantly as soon as I press the record button. Also when I take screenshots in Gamecam ingame on halo they come out as this:

[​IMG]

I never had any of these problems with my 9250 radeon ever.

Specs(DELL DIMENSION 3000 LOL);

• Intel Celeron D 330 (2.66GHz) Processor
    • 512MB PC3200 DDR Memory
    • 80GB 7,200rpm Hard Drive
    • Six USB 2.0 Ports and Three PCI Slots
    • Windows XP
    • 250w PS
    I have the newest drivers but maybe, I was wondering..would older drivers solve this problem?

And the 6200 128mb is better than the 6200 256MB PCI right? Or is the 256mb a tad better?

BTW, the card is awesome FPS wise. Constant 100 FPS everymap in HALO PC everything HIGH no speculars.

9. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

This is quote from Japan website :
    http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/144/144305.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.pcpop.com/%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
    The cards used section entitled "PLX" chip, chip achieved through the primary interface that PCI-E core interfaces to the PCI conversion. This Xianqia Used knives version designed for 450MHz core frequency, Xiancun specifications for 128MB GDDR2 (64Bit), Xiancun frequency of 533MHz.

Here is more about who is about to sell this card in U.S, but they mention 32-bit bus width.
    I see some big confusion here :duh:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060630145245.html

1. Radeon X1300 overclocking, could be your friend and do some good speeding job
    2. Four pixel processors , four texture units and two vertex processors :taste:
    3. BFG 6200 64-bit is considered by today gaming standards as a dinosaur era , yet it pulls out quite nice FPS on 3DMark05 benchmark
    4. I hope that X 1300 is at least 64-bit

@ CtErick

Keep up reading previous responses , there is a lot of information how you can possibly get rid of problems with 3D Fuzion 6200.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  10. CtErick

CtErick New Member

POST EDITED

Can you go over the main factors with me champion? I have really bad eyes and I really don't want to strain them for over 10 pages :w00t: ow:(

Also, honestly.. I don't have that much of an idea to what i'm doing so it would be nice if you can help me here champion (someone referred me here and said your very good at helping and finding solutions.)

regards

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  11. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hey CtErick :cool:

How are you ? , I will try to put together again some of the basic things that you should go through, to make sure your video card setup is OK , or at least minimize many factors that can make it error :)

1. Sometimes you can get blue screen error ( Nv4_disp.dll Infinite Loop ) and just rebooting system will keep you without this error for a little while :drool:
    If It's more severe, this thread could probably help you , because is not video card problem rather video driver and a lot of guys had this error from time to time with even newer Nvidia series cards. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432&st=0

2. Try to use always WHQL driver, unfortunately beta drivers couldn't go with my Windows Media Player for playing videos ( freeze ).
    Also you can stay away at least for a little bit longer from latest FW 91.31 driver with new panel because even though they stamped it with WHQL certified they seems to have job to do. Nvidia WHQL driver from EVGA is 84.56 ( smooth like a charm and no problem that is released by EVGA and is WHQL approved )http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp

3. Try to fix Windows Media Player freeze with this , it may be helpful :
    Go to Nvidia settings , sellect and click Color Correction option
    Apply color change to: make sure that is selected as "ALL" and "ALL channels" and apply
    those changes then exit.

4. Go in to System Information option and look in to assigned IRQ number by
    making sure that it should NOT share same number with other device.
    XP machine will automaticaly assign IRQ number ( mine is IRQ21 for example ).
    If something happen and video card will share IRQ number with something else like whatever it is, then you should uninstall driver, turning "OFF" computer starting all over again but trying new another PCI slot to get IRQ number without sharing it with something
    else.

Quick summary : ;)

1. Is your card sharing IRQ with any other device ?
    2. Are you using driver cleaner between each and new driver install ?
    3. What did you selected in BIOS configuration for primary video acceleration ?
    4. Is the Intel Graphics still showing up in Device Manager ?
    5. Were you able to uninstall Intel Graphics driver and if not did you disabled Intel Graphics
    in Device Mnager ?
    6. If default NVIDIA settings Color correction are set to Desktop, can you try to change to "all" ,this may help you with a lot of freezing and blue screen errors, just try it.
    7. Last chance ,you can always try going to Control panel > Administrative Tools > Services > NVIDIA driver service and double click select disable , apply then go to START > RUN > type in msconfig then select Startup and uncheck " NvCpl " also " nwiz " and " NvMcTray " click apply and reboot machine.
    These last options should help prevent driver from freezing and crashing games.

It's very tricky to find out what is messing up system configuration :duh: .

PS: Do you have originally onboard Intel Extreme Graphics ?

12. CtErick

CtErick New Member

All your questions are responded to in your quote.
    Also, the only problem i'm having now is the gamecam screenshot thing.....it still comes out all weird.

13. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hi CtErick ;)

Congratulation ! , if you have only game screenshot problem .
    There are few among us that have been unable to install their 3D Fuzion 6200 at all.
    I was lucky when I used mine a little while ago :drool:

"Driver cleaner pro" is free and is very helpful to make sure there is no leftover from previous uninstall.
    If you're interested you can download Driver Cleaner Pro here :
    http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Every time you uninstall ForceWare Nvidia video driver open Driver Cleaner Pro application and sellect " Nvidia " only, and it will get rid of any left older FW Nvidia driver files.

It's your IRQs # 22 only assigned to 3D Fuzion video card ?

Here is mine for example :)

Resource Share Device Description:
    IRQ # 00 System timer
    IRQ # 01 Compaq Easy Access PS2 Internet Keyboard
    IRQ # 04 Communications Port (COM1)
    IRQ # 06 Standard floppy disk controller
    IRQ # 08 System CMOS/real time clock
    IRQ # 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    IRQ # 13 Numeric data processor
    IRQ # 14 Primary IDE Channel
    IRQ # 15 Secondary IDE Channel
    IRQ # 16 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
    IRQ # 17 Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
    IRQ # 18 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7
    IRQ # 19 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
    IRQ # 21 NVIDIA GeForce 6200
    IRQ # 22 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    IRQ # 23 Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)
    IRQ # 23 Intel PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller

Well , there was nothing I could do about my Audigy 2 sound card , it's sharing IRQs # 23 with Intel PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller :x
    Video card is more important to me , not sharing IRQs with anything else to avoid errors .

From my 3 PCI slots:

Upper slot, closest to CPU processor is my BFG 6200 PCI bus card
    Middle slot is empty
    Bottom slot is Audigy 2 sound card.

Lastly , what video driver you should use ?
    It's more about middle ground, which is good performance and less driver errors.
    Try as many as you want as long as you're not getting constantly video driver errors and freezes with 3D Fuzion 6200 PCI bus card.
    3D Fuzion is veeeeeeeery sensitive :tears: That's true

Happy gaming CtErick :)

14. killazebra

killazebra New Member

This card is the best pci card out there. I thought me and my dell 2400 were lost but then i found this forum. The bfg 6200 left the 5500 IN THE DUST!! I was amazed i could get almost all high on bloodmoney!! I have one problem thought, you cant update the driver!?! When i first install i play with the stock driver and then installed the z-tweaked 91.28. I have always used z-tweaked drivers with the 5500 with no problem. But next thing i know my pc is freezing up artifacts are appearing and video clips wouldnt play!!!! Then i went to the nividia site and tryed there still the same problem. Why does this happen, even though the 6200 is good i would like to be able to update the driver!!!

15. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello killazebra ;)

Don't even bother with tweaked FW drivers like z-tweaked and a lot of others.
    BFG 6200 is not going well with those.
    I tried many of them, resulting always in some freezes and computer lock-up :x
    Best of all for error free performance especially playing video and movies are Nvidia WHQL
    certified FW drivers.
    I had even problems with the latest WHQL new panel 91.31 with freezes and lock-ups.
    I'm using the latest one just before the release of 91.31 which is 84.57 WHQL released by
    Evga company and is running without a hitch :)

Another problem with those tweaked drivers was with leftover driver files after unistall.
    Some of the files even driver cleaner utility didn't picked up and I had to remove them manually.

I also switched from BFG FX 5500 OC 256 MB PCI bus card to the BFG 6200 and just the card alone makes a big diference in performance and believe me, that tweaked driver won't make that much diference against WHQL driver with BFG 6200 card , plus with tweaked drivers you will have a lot of errors.
    Yeah , my FX 5500 did take a lot of tweaked drivers without a problem but 6200 won't.
    It's your choice.
    All the time blue screen of death, freezes and computer lock-ups are not worth of extra maybe few more FPS.

16. aldamon

aldamon New Member

The 3D Fuzion 6200 PCI works fine in the ECS K7S5A, except for the 2D artifacts in program splash screens and some menus. 3D, video playback (with the right driver, 84.21), and 2D quality is great.

Has anybody found a driver that will:

A. Correct the dots/lines/artifact problem in program splash screens?

AND

B. Play videos correctly?

84.21 plays videos but I get the artifacts in splash screens. Newer drivers do not fix the artifacts AND they break video playback :( Nice work NVIDIA! :rolleyes:

17. merlinly

merlinly New Member

I'm using the latest one just before the release of 91.31 which is 84.57 WHQL released by
    i was wondering if you have a link for this 84.57 driver so that i can dl it as well because i do too have that blue screen problem and cant find a way to fix it any help would be much appreciated

18. alustforlife

alustforlife New Member

Help Please!

Hello all.

Just surfed on in via Google.

I recently bought the BFG GeForce 6200 OC 256MB PCI card. I'm getting the blue screen of death with the infinite loop error while playing Civ 4.

I've gone through this entire thread and done just about everything. But nothing is working; I still get the error message, though it takes a lot longer for the blue screen to pop up.

Just to run down what I've done.
    1 - Used all the various drivers I've found on the site, one at a time, in the order I found them. Cleaned the drivers off with Drive Cleaner each time. I don't crash immediately anymore, it takes an hour now.
    2 - Checked to see if the IRQ's were aligned right. They weren't. I ended up switching the PCI slots of my ethernet card and the 6200. Problem solved, but it didn't help.
    3 - Got a new power source. Upgraded from 250W to 350W. It didn't help.
    4 - Updated the BIOS of my motherboard using the new BIOS on Dell's website. It didn't do anything, but I'm not sure what it was supposed to do.

Any other ideas? The blue screen of death takes a while to come up now, a little over an hour, but it's appearance is still inevitable. I'd like to get rid of it completely if possible.

Here is my system:
    ----------------------
    - Dell Dimension 3000
    - Pentium III Celeron 2.4 GHz
    - 1 GB SDRAM
    - Intel 865GV motherboard (Springdale)
    - 3 PCI slots (one for the 6200, one for an ancient Soundblaster card, and one for my eithernet)
    - 2 Hard drives (master = 40 GB, slave = 10 GB)
    - 1 CDRW
    - 1 normal CD drive
    - 1 partridge in a pear tree

Anyhelp would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don.

P.S. - this thread is GREAT!!!!

19. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello all :)

@ merlinly

EVGA is no longer hosting 84.57 but only their latest 91.31 :oops:
    I have saved mine 84.57 from EVGA a little while ago in to " My Documents " and I did upload
    84.57 to RapidShare Webhosting so I hope it will work OK and you should be able to get it here ;)
    It's the full size 31.9 MB 84.56 EVGA WHQL released by EVGA.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/30129379/8456XP2K.exe.html

Sorry, I don't know any other file webhosting for free.

20. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello :p

Did you tried or not Nv4_disp.dll Infinite Loop Blue Screen of Death fix ?
    It may help you. I didn't have to used this fix but for you can be quite life saving :)
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432&st=0

QUOTE from NVIDIA Forums:/

To install it, unzip the file and run the setup.exe Do not run the setup from the compressed folder.

So what does it do? It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice – a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure. The nVidia new driver exaggerates the problem even more as the driver enables nVidia cards to use even more memory than previous driver versions.

So in a nutshell it’s a memory timing problem that only happens when the RX55 register is opened. Some motherboard manufacturers have already released new BIOS that have the register closed. In other instances, this patch is needed.

and also:

dont freek out if you see that your infinite loop is going to happen again...just give it 2-5sec and you will see that your game will GO ON playing without any problem!
    the patch did his work!
    if not then something else is going on on your pc.

well 2-3second of freeze in an hour of gameplay.. it isnt Really a Problem...when you avoided the RESET isnt it??

END of QUOTE/

Keep up reading buddy, there is some good advices in the link above :cool: