Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb PCI (not express!!)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Nymins, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Bakie

Bakie New Member

I also have a Dell Dimension 2400 and today my FX 5200 burnt up on me so now I need an upgrade and I searched around and found this thread and the 6200 seems the best one out there for just PCI.

I have been doing some searching for places to actually buy this card online but for some reason I cannot actually find it anywhere in England. I see that some of you lot are from England so where did you guys get yours from?

2. vgchiang

vgchiang New Member

Hi everyone. so is it a better idea to get a 3Dfuzion 128mb 6200 PCI instead of the BFG Geforce fx 5500 256mb pci card? I just ordered the BFG 5500 and it will be arriving tomorrow. but i noticed that the 6200 128mb is less expensive, and is curious whether that will give me better performance for now, as well as for the long run. i dont have much time to research and don't really understand how to read the benchmarks. Any answer, simple or not, will be gladly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3. aldamon

aldamon New Member

The 6200 is a far better card.

4. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

5. Bakie

Bakie New Member

Nice :p X1300 for PCI, I like. Now I just have to find one for sale in the uk.

6. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

It's amazing :rofl:

First was 3D Fuzion 6200 128MB PCI Bus card and I was like "yeah good job !!!!"
    Then BFG 6200 OC 256MB PCI bus and I was like "even better" this one rock, there will be no other PCI bus card ever. That's the top of the line for us "PCI bus slot only" computer owners.

Shock!!! X1300 256MB DDR2 PCI bus , damn it's not over yet :D
    I smell still healthy PCI bus competition going on HAHAHAAAAAAAAA...........
    I can't wait for BFG 7900 OC 512MB DDR3 PCI bus graphic card :drool:
    Long live PCI bus slot!!

7. Sparky6string

Sparky6string New Member

Hey all-

Still happy with my BFG 6200 PCI. I'm suprised to see that X1300 too. Looks to be faster than the NVidia and it's probably better with video. Cheaper too. I'd like to hear about real time performance of this card.

8. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello sparky6string ;) and all

Good to hear from you again.
    I'm also very happy with my BFG 6200 PCI.
    Have been reading various forums , hardware reviews and stores feedback and all I came up with is two completely different sides of rewiews of Visiontek Radeon X1300 256MB PCI video card.

1. Websites which are dealing with hardware previews are very negative , at least a lot of them very much calling this card useless piece of crap that is very expensive.
    They were also very unhappy with benchmarks performance results, that if it's not running benchmarks close to the speed of latest ATI and Nvidia cards , there is no reason to buy it. :rofl: Simply, they hate PCI bus. Anything going a little below 40 FPS is for them
    unplayable !

2. Forums, that deal with computers parts , hardware in general , stores feedback
    from customers are very positive, that this card is able to run latest games.
    Guys are happy being able to run games for them also considering high settings with good FPS.
    I know how onboard video suck for games so X1300 must be for them completely different world with positively shocking results considering onboard dog slow video processing :drool:

I just can't speak for myself, I didn't yet touched this X1300 PCI, so I may run all the benchmarks to see for myself where the truth is .:uhoh:
    As for now I believe that X1300 should be faster and having better video processing than BFG 6200.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  9. LawrenceR

LawrenceR New Member

... Well, I've been following this thread with great interest, since I too have a Dell integrated graphics Pc myself...
    ... Naturally, I agonized over whether or not I should go with the old reliable 5500, or the 9250... I had all but ruled out the 128mb 6200 because of the seeming 'sensitivities' it appeared to present, and was leaning quite heavily towards purchasing the 256mb 6200 because of our friend Champions' twelve pages of rave reviews -and then he throws this x1300 into the mix for even more fun filled angst to contend with!...
    ... Well, after all that, I just purchased the 256mb x1300 PCI on ebay ($56 + shipping btw) and am now beginning to have doubts about the wisdom of said purchase...

... Here's MY problem... I have thus far gathered that a sure fire way to tell a PCI card from a PCI express card is that the PCI card seems to have that peculiar open 'gap' at the 'rear' of the cards 'tab' (which perfectly matches the three Pci slots in my mobo) and the PCI express appears to have its open 'gap' at the front... The problem I have just discovered is that this x1300 PCI card has 'two' gaps, one towards the front, as well as another towards the rear... and 'no' this is not an AGP card because another characteristic of the AGP cards is the fact that the 'tabs' are located much further towards the rear of the card itself, whereas the PCI and PCI express cards are much more 'centered' on the cards themselves...
    ... I guess my question 'is;' if this 'double slotted' PCI card still fits into my 'single slotted' PCI port, will it work, or was this double slotted PCI card designed for a newer double slotted PCI port that I sadly do not possess?... My system is only a year old, btw... Any help with this puzzle would be greatly appreciated, since my new x1300 should be arriving any day now, and I am sure that my seller whould be more than happy to see this work for me as well... Thanks again!...

10. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello LawrenceR :eek:

Visiontek Radeon X1300 256 MB PCI 64-bit is going on right now for about close to $ 130,-
    I don't know who could already sell you PCI bus X1300 card for $56,- but It's hard to
    believe that it is for PCI bus slot.
    Stores just recently started selling this card.
    Also if interested in purchasing X1300 graphic card , we have to be careful because there should suppose to be for sale another X1300 PCI bus card from different company which
    is running only @ 32-bit !!!!! :x
    We should clearly stay away from those 32-bit if playing some games is main reason for purchase of X1300 card.
    All you need for X1300 is single empty available 3.3v PCI bus slot that your computer for sure have :) as is only one year old.
    Take a closer look at what kind of X1300 you purchased.
    Extra open gap that you're talking about will make no difference in install, it should pop in
    without a problem, I'm just surprised that someone would already sell on e-bay $130,- card for only $56,- :eek:

http://www.visiontek.com/products/cards/pro_series/1300sffpci.html

Video Card:VisionTek X1300 256MB PCI $129.99
    core speed: 450MHz
    Memory Speed: 533MHz
    Memory Type: 256MB DDR-2
    Memory Interface: 64Bit 2 Channel DDR2 memory Interface
    Transistors: 105 million transistors on 90nm fabrication process
    Pixel Fillrate: 1800 Million Pixel/s
    Texel Fillrate: 1800 Million Texel/s
    Memory Bandwidth 4.32GB/s
    Processer technology: 90nm

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BFG Geforce 6200OC 256MB PCI Price: $156.99
    Core speed: 350MHz
    Memory speed: 410MHz
    Memory type: 256MB DDR
    Memory Interface: 64bit 2 Channel DDR memory Interface
    Pixel Fillrate: 1250 Million Pixel/s
    Texel Fillrate: 1250 Million Texel/s
    Memory Bandwidth 3.85GB/s
    process technology: 130nm

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  11. F1N3ST

F1N3ST New Member

I have an X1300PCI, and its about 33% faster than with a 6200 PCI, we did this on techspot, and me and someone had the same processors and RAM, and mine was 33% faster neither overclocked. The X1300 overclocks amaizinly, 7520 3dMarks01 SE.

12. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hello F1N3ST ;)

Yeah , finally some benchmark numbers are out :)
    Holy cow !!!! , X1300 beats sh#t out of my BFG 6200 by quite margin in 3DMark2001SE
    My BFG 6200 = 6652 marks
    X1300 .........= 7520 marks !!!!

It's there any chance , that you can run 3DMark03 ? it's free and is a lot more complex benchmark for texture and shaders procesing , pleeeease :drool: or even 3DMark05 ?
    What X1300 you have ? Visiontek ?
    I've read post from Visiontek headquarters, that they will try and test possibly 128-bit model because of a crying public about only dinosaur era 64-bit model.
    Will see what's going to happen next !
    There is clearly still big demand for PCI bus video cards and BFG is probably already working on GeForce 7xxx PCI bus series card to get back to the first place in PCI bus cards.
    Competition :rofl:

13. F1N3ST

F1N3ST New Member

I have the Visiontek, i bought it 3 days after it came out :p, and i actually did run 3dmark03 , but from your scores in '01, i can tell that you have a superior processor,i have a Celeron D 2.8ghz. But i got 2471 on 3dmark03, http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437-6.html theres a link to the techspot topic, where i also reviewed a 5500FX, overclocked to the extreme.

14. F1N3ST

F1N3ST New Member

15. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

Hey F1N3ST :taste:

Thanks a lot for review , good read :)
    All those information are very valuable in decision making for the future card purchase that others may consider.
    I'm running Pentium P4 @ 2.00GHz ( not that much )
    My 3DMark03 is quite closer with BFG 6200 score of 2228 marks to the 2471 marks with X1300.
    Now I'm wondering if X1300 is running much better for older games (3DMark01SE)
    but as we run more modern benchmarks BFG 6200 and Visiontek X1300 are maybe getting a little bit closer to each other.
    All we need now is running X1300 with 3DMark05 to see how much of a difference is there as I have no idea what results will came up .
    My BFG 6200 were able to pull out 1233 marks with 3DMark05
    Thanks for reply :)

16. killazebra

killazebra New Member

YES!!!!!!!!!! COMPETITION ON PCI YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL NO LONGER BE LEFT IN THE DUST!!!!!! That will really help with the new games especially if capcom decides to port dead rising to the pc. LONG LIVE PCI!!!!!

17. F1N3ST

F1N3ST New Member

I got 1521 in 3dmark05 about 25% better than your score.

18. ChampionFx

ChampionFx New Member

I'm having a really good day :taste: ,

Thanks F1N3ST for running 3DMark05 , the score of 1521 is rockin' and better than BFG 6200 ;)
    I thought from beginning, since release of Visiontek Radeon X1300 that it should leave BFG 6200 in the dust I just didn't know by how much.
    Now that we have some benchmarks out , there is no doubt that we're still moving forward with development of more powerful PCI bus video cards speed. Yeah baby :taste:
    All I'm gonna do is waiting for a month or two, for possible 128-bit version if it ever came out as I believe that Visiontek or BFG will make one.
    Thanks again for the benchmark numbers!

@ Killazebra
    We may get a treat soon as BFG is for sure not happy with their rival X1300 release.
    Stay tuned , we're about to have more fun :D
    LONG LIVE PCI BUS THREAD !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  19. F1N3ST

F1N3ST New Member

Im building a PCI-e X16 computer, with a X1900GT 256-bit memory, that will leave like 3 of these cards combined in the dust ;). So now i have a home for my 5500FX too, as i have a pentium 3 now lol, i just got this old computer without a hard drive, pretty sweet for a old gaming computer, plays old games at highest resolution without a video card.

20. Fredondo

Fredondo New Member

It's here!!!!!!!

Well now finally it's here:drool:
    Diamod has now released a Diamond Viper - ATI Radeon X1300 PCI 256MB, and the memory interface is 128bit:drool::drool::drool:
    http://www.diamondmm.com/X1300PCI256.php

Hopefully it will fit in my Thinkpad dock 2631 for my x31, and give my laptop quite a boost.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I only have a 16MB Radeon graphic card in it now...

And the price seems to be quite low as well, currently 110$ at newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814103016

I live in Norway so I'll probably have to wait some time until it arrives here:(
    Probably I'll have to order it form a european webshop, since the best card available in Norway is the 5200:tears:

But for you guys in the States.... By now....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006