nVidia Geforce 6200 driver help

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Ruin], Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ruin]

Ruin] New Member

My graphics card is an nVidia Geforce 6200, and I have the driver from:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

Yesterday my computer worked fine, I was killing people left and right on Rakion (very fun game). Then today I try to play this and something is not working right.

Anyways, when I turn on my computer the startup screen is normal, but has a bunch of colored lines running vertically all over the place. It then goes to a black screen and my computer restarts, if I leave it my computer loads the desktop fine. I try to play Rakion which works for about 30 seconds perfecly fine, and then the game freezes, sound included, and then I get thhis pop up:

[​IMG]

Can anyone help me get rid of this annoying thing? I would like to sit down and play a nice game of Rakion without having this pop up 30 seconds into the game.

PS I have tried uninstalling my driver and installing it again, which did not work. I heard it worked for most people, not for me obviously.

PSS I am on Safe mode with networking, which works fine (except no games T_T)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

First of all: Welcome to DriverHeaven!!!:)

Seems like the game doesnt like the driver version you're using. I was having a similar problem with a graphic driver and Half Life 2. The best thing to do is find a driver that works well, with that game, on your system.

What you can try, and what I did to solve my problem with HL2, is to lower hardware acceleration for graphics. What helped for me was to set hardware aceleration to where it says "Disable all cursor and advanced drawing acelerations...", which is 2 clicks from Full aceleration. Microsoft recomends to try the different hardware aceleration settings until you find one that may work for you. This helped in some ways, but I still got crashes in HL2, but not frequent as I got before I changed the hardware aceleration settings.

The best thing to do, IMHO, is to find another driver that won't cause such error messages as you are getting. And to make sure it's not a buggy game. Go read on forums where people play the same game, and see if they have such problems as you. That way you will know if your problem is something that you can fix with another driver.

Lastly, if the 94.24 is not the driver you were using when the game was working right for you, go back to that driver that had the game working right. Also, try to restore your conputer to a time when it was working right.

I hope this info is helpful to you in some way. Good luck in getting the game working right for you again.

3. Ruin]

Ruin] New Member

Thanks thomasabarnes,

I have uninstalled my new driver and installed the one that worked fine before. I played the game, worked perfect for 1 round. The second round my computer freezes and same thing happens. This time I leave the computer and it starts up on its own, it has colored lines running through it and the screen keeps on flickering, it would be normal with colored lines in it and it would go black then back then black etc.

Also, the last thing I remember changing on my computer was I installed the newer version of DirectX.

I have been playing Rakion for about 2 months now and it just started doing this 2 days ago.

If anyone has any recomendations on a new driver for me to get feel free to say so, and does anyone know if this can be caused by a virus?

"What you can try, and what I did to solve my problem with HL2, is to lower hardware acceleration for graphics. What helped for me was to set hardware aceleration to where it says "Disable all cursor and advanced drawing acelerations...", which is 2 clicks from Full aceleration."

How will I do this :p I am not that great with computers.

4. thomasabarnes

I'm assuming you're using Windows XP.

It could be that your Windows installation has gotton messed up. If the problem you described is still happening, you may want to reinstall Windows by doing a reformat of the C drive and reinstalling Windows.

To Change your graphic hardware aceleration:

rightclick on the desktop and select properties
    Go to the Settings tab and hit the Advanced button at the bottom
    Select the TroubleShoot tab and you will see the Hardware aceleration Slider

Adjust aceleration by left clicking and holding down the left click and sliding the hardware aceleration button. Then restart the PC when you change the setting.

Since your system was still messed up when you reinstalled the older driver you used, I would reinstall Windows because of the bad problem you describe. However, first, you can go and check if the graphic hardware acceleration has some how been moved from Full aceleration, if so, place it back at full. If it's at full, try different settings, and if the problem is still present, try to use Windows Restore to go back to a time when your PC was working right. To use System Restore go to Start Menu and select Help and Support. Then Select "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore." Follow instructions, and select a System Restore check point that is a date when your system was working good.

If that fails, reinstall Windows.

Good luck.

5. ky7

ky7 New Member

I have the same vid card and the same thing happend to me when i used many many nvidia drivers for World of Warcraft. I would get the exact same error.

I searched around and started using DHzer0point 84.43 driver and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

6. sparthan300

sparthan300 New Member

nvidia 6200

hi this is raj.

my graphic card is a 6200A model by sparkle company,previously i have tried a lot of drivers for my graphic card and failed for it then i have downloaded force ware 81.95 whql ,you see the latest game "iron man" pc which has been released runs smoothly on my computer with the same 81.95 driver.

system configuration
    intel p4 2.4ghz
    512mb ram
    geforce 6200A 256mb ddr2 agp.
    if still any problems occur try to install a fresh copy of windows xp and then install the 81.95 driver ,even it was the old version driver i could run most of my pc games i.e resident evil 4 ,timeshift, hell gate london ,half life 2 series and further on.

thanking you.

7. karungeorge

karungeorge New Member

Guys!!!!i have a somewhat similar problem.....i have nvidia Geforce 6200 512mb graphic card.....i formated my comp and then installed all the latest drivers etc. after that splinter cell-double agent game worked fine (it needs a lot of graphics)but when i try older games like..evil genius,sniper elite,dark messiah etc.they give me errors like "display driver not found" and stuff like that i am confused .... :confused::confused::confused:..please help me....:tears::tears::tears::tears:i tried a million things so please help!!!! i am getting pissed off....:mad::mad::mad:

...Thank you

8. thomasabarnes

All I can suggest is that you go find a forum where people are playing the same games as you mention above, as I don't have any od those games.

Find a forum and see if users have any of the same issues. If they don't have any of the issues you're experiencing, ask what driver they are using and use the same driver.

If you still have issues, make sure your windows installation is not corrupted.

Sorry, but that's all I have to offer.

9. gabitza

gabitza New Member

I know this is an old thread, my computer is also old but it does what I needed to do. I just have one problem recently. I have a geforce 6200 and I installed the newest drivers from Nvidia and fresh XP. I get the same error nv4_disp display driver has stopped working... I got this with the new drivers and I was getting worse error with an older one... my pc was rebboting or just freezing during a movie or while navigating...

HELP

THX