Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21 for Windows XP/2k

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

1360x768 is supported, from 60 to 85Hz and LCDs use 60Hz, so it should be fine, don't know what can be happening.
    Try this:
    Switch the resolutions with the normal drivers to 800x600@60Hz, restart PC, uninstall the nvidia drivers, restart when prompted, cancel the new hardware windows and install my drivers, restart at end and now see if all works. :)

2. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

I'll give it a shot

3. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

sweet it worked... have i told you lately that i love you?

4. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Man, how long has it been? These were the drivers that got me into everything, with DH and driver testing. I'm glad you have the time now Omega for the Nvidia set.

Thanks man, happy new year! God Bless

5. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Well this was a surprise.

Thanks Omega. :w00t:

6. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

I think I'll wait until next release then as I never use anything lower than 100Hz (1280x960 @ 100Hz usually, that's the reason I'm still using CRT to be able to game in 100Hz goodness).

Anyways I had to sign up for this forums (I'm pretty sure I've been posting here before?) only to show my appriciation of picking up the NVIDIA OMEGA drivers project again as I remember back in the old days OMEGA > all. My Geforce 4 Ti 4200 card I was using at that time was in love with the OMEGA 44.03 drivers. :)

Oh and the new site is awesome. :)

mike2h likes this.
  7. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

From what I can tell these drivers work awesome. Just not for my card and setup. The card is not overclocked at all but the CPU is.

At startup the screen and mouse lag and looks like it freezes sometimes. In Crysis, the performance didn't hold up for less than a minute and basically degraded to artifacting in less than a few seconds. This happened with some drivers in the past (anything after 97xx but it was fixed with the 169xx series). Basically what I gathered then was that the driver was miscalculating my mem speed on the card and overclocking. There was never really a fix, just not to use the driver.

I had never tried the 169.21 nvidias but all the other 169's have worked perfect for me. Also I do believe there is a problem with AA in anything over 169.13

I would like to see 169.13 omega release but it is kinda a step backwards. Perfomance wise they are the same as 169.28.

8. happymanz

happymanz New Member

Ive been using omegadrivers since forever, and I have actually been using the 16693 drivers since they where released, and I have not stopped using them since they worked so smoothly for the games I played back then, and still play.

I was a bit disapointed by the fact that I cant set the colors for both desktop and ingame like in the old drivers, and that refreshforce is no more (I loved the ease of use)
    also it would seem the driver detects monitor and forces the monitor drivers.

I love playing games at low resolutions and I enjoy maxing my monitor hz in all resoloutions, and if it was possible in any way to make refresh rates customisable like in the old nvidia driver, where you could just add a new mode, and then find it in refreshrate overide it would really make alot of crtgamers wet dreams come true.

It would seem nvidias drivers are getting more and more "user friendly" as they themselves would belive, even though they are damn near making me switch back to ati (your ati drivers were great btw)

Ty for great drivers, but I guess I will be sticking to the 16693 for now, and also I always knew you were coming back, and this is why Im still using your old nvidia drivers :D

keep up the great work, and the new design looks awesome btw.

9. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Hang on, after all this time (And after I buy an Ati card no less after 3 years of using the same nVidia card) you make a nVidia driver set? you cheeky git :lol:

I hope people on the green side appreciate your work, and fantastic website update, it looks veyr professional :)

Keep up the good work, Cheers!

10. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

For what ever odd reason, the driver started crashing my comp at the desktop. I had to uninstall it in safe mode also. I'll be awaiting the next revision or release. Thanks again man.

11. g3b

g3b New Member

nHancer & Omega compatibility?

Well d/l the drivers from the site yesterday, was wondering if anyone has used the nHancer tool with this new Omega dr? Also wondering if you can set color profiles for games/applications with the new Omegas.
    Thanks in advance for your replies!

:hmm:

12. Luckz

Luckz New Member

Any plans/ETA for a 64-bit version?

13. mralw69

mralw69 New Member

Complete NOOB here. I used to use these drivers on my old 9800 Pro. the interface was slightly different from the official releases.

I have just installed the latest Omega driver for my 8600GTS. Thing is the control panel and everything is exactly the same as the previous official driver. Click the "about" button and no mention of OMEGA.

So i take it all the improvements must be unseen to the eye?

Sorry for the daft question, but i always prefered the Omega frivers to the proper ones.

I can't notice anything different.

14. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

You are correct. The improvements are more geared towards performance improvements and not control panel changes.

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut beats you up

I get a blank screen after installation of the driver by clicking "continue anyway"
    It doesn't seem to go away and i'm forced to reset my pc. After reboot the driver installation isn't completed. Never had this problem before. I'm using 6800 GT.

Any fix for this?

Thanks

16. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Sounds to me like an incomplete uninstall of the old drivers before installing these.

17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut beats you up

I've ran Drivercleaner and Driver sweeper.
    Windows wasn't able to recognize which card I have etc when trying to 'automatic' install it after reboot.
    So after that I installed omega perfectly clean.
    I've read on guru3d/nvnews similar problems with FX and 6 series.

18. jabarasca

jabarasca New Member

I have problem during the installation of the omega v2.169.21. I have GeForce FX 5200, and Windows Xp Professional 32bit, during of the installation of the driver, the PC freezes and i have to reset him. I can't install the driver. Somebody can help me?

Sorry for my bad english.

19. hjs

hjs New Member

Great news, next some laptop support and i can use the omega drivers again :)

so please ad support for the 8600M GT :rolleyes:

Eh, for Vista :wtf:

20. Juggernaut

Juggernaut beats you up

Exact same problem here with blank screen. Seems almost all FX and 6 series have this problem :tears: