Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21 for Windows XP/2k

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 27, 2007.

1. jabarasca

jabarasca New Member

I ran DRIVER CLEANER, but the problem continue. I love omega drivers, the 1.6693 is the best driver for me, but the fps on CS 1.6 is low. Is not possible install the new NVIDIA OMEGA Driver on FX series?

2. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

It seems it is a problem on nvidia's driver side, not much I can do about it, as many have reported the same issue with the official drivers.

3. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I would rec 169.13 for a set because they are the most stable I've dealt with.

4. Oom_Jaap

Oom_Jaap New Member

I've used Omega drivers for years on my 9500 and X800. Now that I recently moved back to nVidia with a 8800GT this comes as a very pleasant surprise. The drivers work very well, been using them for a week. Overall I noticed a speed boost in most games, specially in some titles like Crysis that becomes unplayeble on 1680 x 1050 resolution in the most demanding situations. My 3dMark 06 points also went up by a couple of hundreds. Quality wise I noticed that the color presentation is slightly less vibrant but definition seems to be improved. Rock solid stability, works with nTune without problems.

I installed these on Windows Server 2003.

Many thanks Omega, keep up the good work.

5. g3b

g3b New Member

color profiles with new Omega driver

Hello, Thanks for making the new Nvidia Omega drivers available. Is there any way with the control panel to make a gaming 'color' profile, like the old classic nvidia control panel or is there a utility program out there?

Thanks g3b

6. jabarasca

jabarasca New Member

I expect for the next NVIDIA Omega Driver. I using now Xtreme G Driver 92.91. The Original ForceWare sucks.

Sorry for my bad english.

7. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Currently switched to the Nvidia 169.21 and I have absolutely no problems.

Dunno what it is about this set but I think it has to do with memory clock problems

8. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

grrr I saw this happening too, there's some apps that wont do more than 800x600 or even 640x480 fullscreen, yeah old apps but still apps and emus I use and i loved 120Hz on em :x

is there anyway to put those refresh rate available? editing some file or something? I love your drivers :p

9. =MaxiM=

=MaxiM= New Member

Great release, but the refresh rate problem bugs me. I cannot use my 'regular-since-2004' combo of 1280x960x32 @ 100Hz. In 100Hz it forces 16-bit color, which is a no-no, and I'm a big fan of 100+ refresh rates too. So if it's gonna be fixed in new release then I'll be more than happy to use those too, and for now i think I'll just suck it up and use 85Hz.
    Otherwise everything is fine, at least everything i tested ;)

10. happymanz

happymanz New Member

I like playing competative fps games at low>medium res aswell for 100% stable gameplay, and I crave 120hz or more, as you will experience flickering when turning fast at 85-100hz (even though you would not think so)

Most crt monitors can do 120hz or more at low resolutions, so it would be nice if up to 160hz was supported :>

atm, I cant get the driver refreshrate overide thingy to even work, as I installed my own monitor driver, and this somehow makes the indriver program fail.

Anyways, some games look really shit when you try playing them at high res, and you dont want flickering in fps games, so there you have it :)

11. dogs0ldier

dogs0ldier New Member

I have put the new omega drivers on but i wondered can i change things like the quality settings to improve perfomance or is the default settings after install the best it will be?...Do the drivers work better with higher resolutions ?

Is great u are now doing Nvidia.... biggest thing i missed once i went from ati to Nvidia was your drivers...

Love the new site too....Music reminds me of Xenon 2 Megablast for some reason....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  12. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

The default setting is a blend between performance and quality, there is still room for improvement in speed that you can configure through the CP.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

works like a charm now with my new 8800

14. Turok

Turok New Member

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem with my 6800GT. During the installation my monitor refreshes two times, and the third time it keeps black - I've waited a long time. ;-) Then it's only possible to reset my pc (-> driver installation wasn't completed -> but it's possible to completely uninstall OmegaDrivers).

BUT: With official nVidia 169.21 release it works like a charm!

15. s_bryan_m

s_bryan_m New Member

Severe problem with omega drivers for xp/2k

I have e-mailed and sent a myspace message to the leader of omega drivers, but have not got a reply my name is shelby morgan i am running an nvidia geforce 6800 graphics card with built on fan, and windows xp home, service pack2, i have done a complete uninstall of nvidia drivers did the whole registry process and installed the omega drivers it installed but when i rebooted my computer it starts up but a couple seconds after it gets to my desktop my system freezes and the whole picture blurs out and i cant do a thing i have to restart and either go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers or i have to use system restore if someone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

Shelby Morgan.

16. Turok

Turok New Member

Hi Shelby,

it's very difficult for a German to understand an english bunch of words - without full stop or comma. ;-)
    But I think you should uninstall die OmegaDrivers in safe mode and try nvidia's official one. It seems there are too many problems, so I have to wait for a new OmegaDriver, too. (Sorry for that simple solution.)
    A system restore isn't an elegant method.

17. UnknownQuantity

UnknownQuantity New Member

Shelby,

I must confess that , although I am a reasonably-well-educated native English speaker, I too find it very difficult to understand an English bunch of words - without periods or commas. ;-)

If I understand your post correctly, you seem to be having the same problem I am having (described here), except that your system is crashing instead of becoming stable again. Is that right?

18. cyRq

cyRq New Member

Same problem here with the drivers. After confirming the installation, the screen flashes two times, after that the screen goes black, and a sec later its all trashed with artifacts.
    After the reset the drivers seems to be installed but, just after the tray icon appears the system again hangs, flashes like before and again the screen is crap.
    Only thing you can do is run the system in safe mode and uninstall the drivers...
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    System Specs in the profile...

I'm a big fan of Omegas drivers. I was using them on my old R9550 ;)
    Hope i can run them on my 7300GT...

19. batalovski

batalovski New Member

I had a same problem and then I done this:

Now it works perfectly!!!!

20. bake15

bake15 New Member

It's good to see you modding nvidia drivers again, keep up the good work.