Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21 for Windows XP/2k

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 27, 2007.

1. UnknownQuantity

UnknownQuantity New Member

Tried this and it did not work. I'm still looking at a garbage dump during windows loading.

2. Preed

Preed New Member

Yeah why can't I use radeon omega drivers with my geforce 8800GTS huh? :/
    nvidia STILL hasnt managed to make theatre mode dualview support possible.. Hell, I can't even get a picture with normal DualView on my TV.. Clone works but DualView wont run :/ Annoying to have to manually turn on clone and thus lower resolution on the main monitor to TV-resolutions when I want to watch a movie.. Not to mention that the computer can't be used meanwhile either.. :/

Any chance the Omega driver will incorporate theatre mode(output media player stuff ONLY on 2nd monitor)? I really thought nvidia had fixed this by now when I bought my 8800gts a year ago(I've stayed away from nvidia for this very reason since I had a GF3) but nooooooo they havent fixed it yet.. :/ Needless to say I will NEVER EVER buy a nvidia schmidia product again.. :(

3. Eskel

Eskel New Member

I think I've been able to isolate the problem with this drivers installation freeze. Omega, this is a problem for both ATI and Geforce drivers! In my case it happened ONLY with old fashion 17" NEC CRT display connected via d-sub link to ATI9700Pro and APG versions of 7600GS - they both have d-sub and DVI connectors. There was no problem with PCIE 8800GTS who have only DVI outputs (CRT was connected through converter). Also both 9700 and 7600 worked perfectly when connected to LCD thorough DVI outputs (LCD was Iiyama 22").
    Wonder if others, who experience installation and further system freezes, have the same configuration: AGP card + CRT display?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. gpinzone

gpinzone New Member

Hi

There is a community of us who use nvidia cards inconjunction with MAME and multisync arcade monitors. In the quest of getting as close as possible to the real arcade games of old(pacman, donkey kong, etc..) there is a program out there called SOFT 15KHZ. What it does it allow Nvidia and ATI cards to run and at very low resolutions.
    International Overview - arcadeinfo.de Arcade Community
    o 15kHz
     240 x 240 @ 60Hz
     256 x 240 @ 60Hz
     256 x 256 @ 60Hz
     256 x 264 @ 60Hz
     304 x 240 @ 60Hz
     321 x 240 @ 60Hz *
     321 x 256 @ 60Hz *
     336 x 240 @ 60Hz
     352 x 256 @ 60Hz
     352 x 264 @ 60Hz
     352 x 288 @ 50Hz **
     368 x 240 @ 60Hz
     384 x 288 @ 50Hz **
     392 x 240 @ 60Hz
     401 x 256 @ 53Hz * **
     448 x 240 @ 60Hz
     512 x 240 @ 60Hz
     512 x 288 @ 50Hz **
     632 x 264 @ 56Hz **
     640 x 240 @ 60Hz
     640 x 288 @ 50Hz **
     640 x 240 @ 60Hz
     512 x 448 @ 60Hz Interlace
     512 x 512 @ 60Hz Interlace
     640 x 480 @ 60Hz Interlace
     720 x 480 @ 60Hz Interlace
     800 x 600 @ 50Hz Interlace **
     1024 x 768 @ 50Hz Interlace **
    * "Fake"-Resolution to avoid DirectX-Problems.
    ** Says 60Hz in Windows.
    o 25kHz
     448 x 384 @ 60Hz
     512 x 384 @ 60Hz
    o 31kHz
     512 x 448 @ 60Hz
     512 x 512 @ 60Hz
     640 x 480 @ 60Hz
     720 x 480 @ 60Hz
     800 x 600 @ 50Hz **
     1024 x 768 @ 50Hz **
    This allows us to display arcade games very close to their original resolution. Soft 15khz accomplishes this by adding those resolutions to the registry. However these resolutions that you see above work for about 95% of games. Unfortanuatly a lot of the classics like pacman run at say 304x240@58z. This casues games sound and graphics to stutter because of the 2hz difference from the original game. This can easily be fixed adding an addition modeline to reflect the proper resolution and refresh rate through Soft 15KHZ, however there is a limitation with Forceware drivers
    Theres a limit of 32 modelines with Nvidia drivers
    A "bug" in the ForceWare.
    They read/write from/to the CUST_MODE registry key with a 3000 byte buffer, while one mode is 92 bytes.
    32 Modes * 92 Byte = 2944 Bytes = fine.
    33 Modes * 92 Byte = 3036 Bytes = buffer overrun.
    If you add more modes via the default NVidia controls you'll end up with garbage in the registry the first way.
    If you add more modes via Soft-15kHz the data in the registry is fine.
    However, on bootup, the driver reads only those 3000 bytes, which cuts off the 33rd mode and anything behind it, causing the whole CUST_MODE string getting detected as "faulty" and droped, hence the card generates the modes itself IN 31kHz.
    This was taken from this thread Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards
    Can the 3000 byte buffer be increased in the driver? If so there would be a lot of grateful people in the arcade cab mame community.
    Please let me know.
    Thank you for your time.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][​IMG][/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][​IMG][/font]

5. MathewBrendell

MathewBrendell New Member

I have the same problem but i have an LCD on the d-sub port, so i think it's more a problem between Omega and d-sub rather than omega and any lcd screen.

I can't find the dvi adapter i had ages ago so unfortunately i can not test this theory :p

6. t0ucH

t0ucH Member

Hertz up to 160 would be awsome!

I agree with you so much. I sent a mail to you some time ago Omegadrivers, and I'm sorry for not checking this forum before.

Anyway, like the guy I quoted said: 160 hertz would be great! I personally use 800x600 32bit 144hz when I play Counter-Strike 1.6 (old-school is still with the best).

These drivers is so extremely good, I could actually see the difference very clearly! I'm using the standard Nvidia drivers atm to have higher hertz, and it's so "poor" quality compared to what Omegadrivers!
    Thank you ever so much for re-releasing Nvidia drivers, Nvidia would make a HUGE mistake by not accepting your work.
    Gamers reputation is important!

7. BSMohawk420

BSMohawk420 New Member

Any hope for Windows XP Pro x64 support? I love the omegadrivers but they wont install.

8. Maxigraf

Maxigraf New Member

Is it possible to add support for resolutions higher than 1024x768 when using horizontal span in the next release? I currently have the problem that i can only use three resolutions (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768) while using horizontal span (2 x 19" TFT with each 1280x1024 = 2560x1024) in most games... But i am presented other resolutions starting 1280x480 which is using both monitors so i have no possibility to use only one monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 without disabling horizontal span which messes up my desktop icons and so on ;) Maybe there alreay is a bugfix for this? Does anybody know this?

9. Pixy Polly

Pixy Polly New Member

Mine freezes at windows start up too.
    (as in completely freezes, mouse pointer, keyboard, completely)
    Had to uninstall from safemode T___T
    Man, guess I'll have to wait for the next release.

Almost forgot, I'm using XP SP3 v3282 with 7300LE

10. thegoldenstrand

thegoldenstrand New Member

MS Flight Simulator and to lesser degree Pirates don' work well with your driver

Hi Omega,

Been using your drivers for a while, but I am a novice gamer, so just starting to see why driver releases talk about fixes or problems with games.

In regards to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, I got kind of a curtain effect blocking video. I figured no way were your drivers to blame so did a complete clean install and.. same problem.. but in process I did fix a few things so all is good.. but.. for moment your driver is a no go for Flight Simulator 2004.. curtain/flag occurs at start of video presentations and then occurs a couple minutes into flying simulations.

In regards to Pirates.. game crashes or loses video randomly a couple minutes into game play.. the other dozen or so games I tested worked flawlessly with your drivers.

Mike

11. BottyBotsworth

BottyBotsworth New Member

Curious about the same thing.

12. t0ucH

t0ucH Member

Omg, I can't wait until the new WHQL drivers from Nvidia will release, so omegadrivers will fix the refresh rate problem :p

Seems like I still have to wait for some time :((

13. RSOblivion

RSOblivion New Member

Ya ain't gonna get win32 drivers working on XP Pro x64. You need ones compatible with Server 2003 x64 or XP Pro x64 (quite different to the standard fare).

Unless Omegadrive does some up for that OS (Server 2003 x64 and XP Pro x64 are practically identical except for branding) then you are kinda stuck with WHQL's.

Just wanted to ask if there is gonna be an updated Omega version for Forceware soon as I have two 9600GT's and would rather use Omega than WHQL's (on Server 2003 so only WHQL's work normally).

14. t0ucH

t0ucH Member

Oh God, I'm getting maaaad! I lOVE THE DRIVER I CAN'T USE PROPERBLY YET !!!
    Please Omega Drivers, please inform us when the next driver release will be.

Now when the new WHQL ForceWare is out, are you working on it, or was the last update the very last update?

I really want to enjoy the performance of true, handmade driver quality in my games, but because of the refresh rate problem (need 144 at 800x600 atleast :p), I really can't play with the options I need.

Please Omega Drivers, I beg you!
    New release please! :D

15. Bbvg

Bbvg New Member

THANXXXX MAN !!!!

I don't know how you did it, but you did it!

I replaced the 175.16 Nvidia drivers with the Omega and, not only did i gain 1000 3dMarkks 06 with the same CPU / GPU settings, but i lost all the small display bugs that i had before during 3dMArk specially at high frequencies.
    The small mouse lags in Call of Duty 4 completely disappeared too.

Globally i have the same performances with the Omega drivers and stock frequencies than with my o/c and Nvidia drivers... hallucinating...

Also, i heard of OmegaDrivers while searching a soft to monitor the GPU / GRAM usage (just like the CPU)... Is there a way to obtain these informations?

I'm trying to find a way to help you like you helped me so, being french (like it or not ;-D ), if you ever need to have any document / web page or whatever translated French < > English, i'd gladly take care of it! -my english is ok, i grew up in new jersey.

E8200 @ 4Ghz, MSI P35 Neo2-FIR, MSI 8800GT 512 OC @ 695/995, 2Go OCZ Reaper PC8500 @ 1Ghz 4.4.4.12

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  16. t0ucH

t0ucH Member

Hi OmegaDrivers.
    I just checked back on your website, and realized how selfish I was by posting my needs again and again on the forum, and in addition I sent you an e-mail, but that was unnecessary because the answer was written on this forum. :(

I'm really sorry for troubeling you, and I wish you and your wife all the best! I hope your wife recovered fast, and that you can learn to control her epilepsy together.

Btw, you should not appologize to us! I believe that it was a traumatic experience in your life, and in addition you are making these wonderful drivers for free so we should be happy that we get something at all :)

EDIT:
    You get a lot of emails (2500 undread messages?!!) , don't you? ;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  17. GRWatcher

GRWatcher New Member

I bought a 7600GS AGP by PNY and the same thing happened so I called PNY support. They said to remove XP's sp3. I did, now no freezing or self rebooting. So I suggest you try removing XP's sp3 then run Windows update without installing sp3. You can always re-install sp3 if it doesn't work. BTW did it all in Safe Mode.

18. tgore3

tgore3 New Member

I just went with SLI on my computer and was having the BSOD w/ nv4_disp.dll error while playing COD4. It would especially do it during map changes and when I alt/tab, anything that makes it go from game to desktop and vice versa. Been trying to figure out what to do for like a month. Searched Google till I was sick of searching, emailed Activision, Nvidia, EVGA, posted to different forums. I installed the 169.21 Omega drivers and it's seemed to have fixed it so far, no crashes yet.

Pretty confused as to what the problem is. Lots of people run SLI with COD4.

Thanks Omega and best wishes to you and your wife.

Toby

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  19. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

These drivers are a year old. Try using the official NV drivers for support.

20. tgore3

tgore3 New Member

I've tried a bunch of official Nvidia drivers including the latest 178.24, all crash when playing COD4. No crashes running SLI on COD4 since installing the Omega drivers.