Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.25 for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 27, 2007.

1. NeoTechni

NeoTechni New Member

I installed the OmegaDrivers, and when I go to the Nvidia control panel, all I get is
    [​IMG]
    Can someone how to get those flat panel scaling options, or how to select those added resolutions? All I want is to be able to run in 1600*1024 like I used to in XP :(

2. NeoTechni

NeoTechni New Member

Vista detects my HDTV as only being 1280*768 when it's capable of 1080i and everything in between and I need the extra real estate

3. Nitrius

Nitrius New Member

Good to see Omega back.

Anyway, will these drivers work with nTune from Nvidia?

4. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Yep, in fact, to get OC working you need to install nTune since I didn't included any tweaking utilities yet.

5. Mike Boogie

Mike Boogie mm Pie!!

wow great news I'm glad your back to making Nvidia drivers and thanks very much for the Vista x64 drivers.

6. COOLGOD

COOLGOD New Member

when i done cs1.6 ,there ar some halt in this game. pls tell me how to correct for remove the halt

7. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Thanxs for the drivers, ill be trying them tonight!

8. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped New Member

I really must thank you. In fact, thanking you was my soul motivation for joining this board. To put it simply, NVidia's drivers are broken pieces of crap which, on a good day, will crash within ten minutes of starting any application involving DirectX 10, and on a bad day, within 10 seconds.

Finally got Hellgate London working in DX10 and Lost Planet no longer crashes 10 minutes in on DX10. In fact, you've resolved every DX10 related crash I have had so far that I can reproduce. So really, I'm grateful.

9. andrebrait

andrebrait New Member

Currently, I'm not having any trouble. I'll give your drivers a try. In My Radeon I don't use them coz they cause some undesired effect in my TV :confused: Sad... they rock in games.

I hope you make Omega based in 169.32! This is the best driver I found uot there. If you want, pick a International version with modded INFs in XFX's website. (If seems everybody, including XFX, noticed these drivers are the best drivers nVidia has ever released). They made Los PLanet's benchmark achieve 5fps average in DX10 mode. Maximum went up by 3 and minimum by 4! :D And the game is smooth, very smooth.
    Getting 15~37fps in Crysis (Medium, 1440x900) and, even at 15fps, the game doesn't seems to be at 15fps. :drool:

Anyway, I don't think XFX tweaked the driver. I downloaded it from nVidia's website (8800GS) and a modded INF and the results are the same. :D

So, please, make an omega based in 169.32 :w00t:

10. jack50

jack50 New Member

Hi guys in new here!
    Got some nooby questions :)! Id use an acer 5920g Notebook with a Nvidia 8600m Gt on Vista Business x64. I have problems with the "suspend" and "hibernate" mode (dont really know if the modes are called like this in english) if the notebook is in these modes i cant get back to the system, the screen is black and i have to use the power off button. Can i solve the problem with an other driver (which one?) or what could be a solution?

11. Killing-Time

Killing-Time New Member

Would it be possible to add support for the ti4200 to the vistax86 drivers?
    The latest M$ driver works ok for d3d but still has no GL support....
    TIA

12. Broseybrose

Broseybrose New Member

the strange thing is, when i switched from 169.28 beta to 169.25 omega i noticed a MARKED increase in fps in all of my games... but i also believe i perceived a small loss in IQ. this is in vista32. has anyone else noticed or felt theyve perceived a loss of IQ with the 169.25 omegas?

13. Mike Boogie

Mike Boogie mm Pie!!

To be honest I didn't like these drivers I also noticed IQ is lower and benchmarks score where lower than the default drivers :( maybe Omega lost his touch with Nvidia drivers like he once had.:hmm:

14. Broseybrose

Broseybrose New Member

well, i do like the performance increase... its probably the biggest increase in performance ive gotten by moving to a new driver... but i would never sacrafice IQ for FPS... anyone else feel theres a loss of IQ with the omega 169.25 for vista32?

15. dacoobob

dacoobob New Member

I know laptop support isn't officially included in this release, but is it possible to use this on my Go 7600 anyway? If so, would I need to do anything differently (like using the modded .inf from laptopvideo2go.com)? Thanks for any advice...

16. Sherv

Sherv New Member

I thought these drivers have been great but when will omega be bringing out the 175.16?? can't wait!!

17. RSOblivion

RSOblivion New Member

Hey Omega, needing a new set of drivers for x64 Server2008 (Vista) as yours don't support the 9600GT at the moment or the 3870 from ATi for that matter ;) Been a long time user of your drivers and its frustrating having to go back to WHQL's at the moment. Keep up the good work mate :D

18. FuriousD

FuriousD New Member

Hi Omega,
    Just wondering if these 169 drivers work with GTX 260 ?
    All the nvidia drivers I've tried with this card make 3dsmax really choppy, the frame rate speeds up and slows down for no reason. My ATI 4870 has no problems so it looks like nvidia have stuffed something up.

cheers