Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.5672

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

OK, after many changes and some headaches, the new Nvidia Omega Drivers are ready to roll...

New in version (1.5672):

* Based on the Official 56.72 drivers.

* Added FULL support for ALL laptop GO cards, still, if this build doesn't install/work with your laptop model, send me the INF file of the drivers that DO work with it so I can add support in a future release. Many thanks to Pieter from laptopvideo2go.com for his help!

* Complete remake of the resolutions code and addition of new resolutions with support for wide screen displays and laptops.

* Fixed installation issues with on-board graphic cards based on the Vanta chipset.

* Included an exclusive Driver Cleaner Omega version.

* Removed Artifact Tester from the Package.

* Added easy identification for the Quality and Performance options after the drivers are installed. Now is Quality [Q] and Performance [P].

* Changed the name of some files and folders for better identification.

Hope you like these as much as the beta testers have ;)

Get them on my site.

Enjoy!

2. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

all i can say is :eek:

3. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I have a mirror up for this set for anyone that cares. Click the url below my flash signature :)

4. AshG

AshG Gadget Life Owner

5. snave

snave New Member

FS2004 error with 1.5672

There is a problem using the 1.5672 drivers with Flight Sim 2004. No matter what you try to set the resolution to in-game, it stays stuck at 800x600x16.

Looking at the FS9.cfg there are spurious second line entries for the driver identifier and I suspect that the use of [ ] square brackets in the driver name might be causing this, as the FS9.cfg makes use of square brackets as field identifiers.

The 53.03 worked fine, so if the installer hasnt changed then it must be this, or an error in compiling. I have uninstalled and used Driver Cleaner on the previous drivers, tried a direct install over the top of the exisiting drivers and even installed in safe mode. Same result, but only with FS2004. All other games work fine.:sigh:

6. mike2h

mike2h New Member

thx for the hard work!

7. NaTrIuM

NaTrIuM New Member

Hi, I have a FX 5200 Ultra and I've got a problem running OpenGL games. When moving I notice that some textures just disappear, then reappear again. It looks like wallhacking/noclipping and it is really annoying as it happens randomly... It has been happening to me lately with every release of your drivers. Any clue of what it might be?

8. Omegadrive

Re: FS2004 error with 1.5672

Thanks for the info, I will correct the bracket problem in an update to see if it fixes it.

The question would be, Does it happen with the normal 56.72?
    In which games does it happen and in what section/situation?

9. cheesy

cheesy New Member

10. NaTrIuM

NaTrIuM New Member

I've tried with the normal driver and it doesn't happen. It also happens with the older omega driver releases, like 53.03 and 45.23.

Happens in every game that uses OpenGL like RTCW, MOHAA, Q3A.

I also notice a small loss of framerate when it happens. I'll try to get a screenshot of it happening.

On Direct3D it's another story... It runs every game smooth like silk :).

It's strange because it never happened before, as I've been playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for a long time with the 1.5303 as I had good FPS with them. A friend of mine has also got the same problem, he has a FX 5600 XT so the problem can't be from my card :s

11. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

These are beautiful drivers. They breathed new life into the 4600 I have in my other rig.
    Excelent work as always.:D

12. quasr

quasr New Member

I loaded this new driver on my Acer 1712SMi and it caused major problems. Almost could not reboot into safe mode. The whole computer slowed down drastically till I was finally able to remove the driver and reload the original. Won't try that again. My notebook has the Nvidia Geforce 4 FX Go 5700 card. Rather be safe than really sorry. Better luck next time if I am that brave...

13. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Geforce 4 FX which are you talking about, geforce 4 or geforce fx?

14. quasr

quasr New Member

Nvidia Driver Failure

My bad! It is the Nvidia GeForce FX GO 5700

15. strudelbrain

strudelbrain New Member

Apparently, this driver does not really work on my notebook - it has difficuilties with the display. Its a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with Geforce Go 420. After installing the driver it basically says I have three displays: Standard, Standard and Plug & Play Display. (Which is sort of correct, I assume the first two are the the two display exits). For some odd reason it says though, that the Plug&Play Display is only capable of a maximum resolution of 969x769 (should 1024x768). I tried to reinstall the display, disable Nview and all of that stuff - didnt work.

edit: last try was this: I changed the Plug & Play Display manually to digital display 1024x768. Now, the desktop has the size it is supposed to have, it doesnt show a part of the right side however

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  16. strudelbrain

strudelbrain New Member

Forget what I just said. I realized that this is a common Toshiba problem.

17. Omegadrive

Do you have the latest AGP chipset drivers for your MB installed?

Toshiba laptops have done many strange things related to resolutions, all other laptop manufaturers work fine, even with the same display adapter, so it means Toshiba must be doing something wrong or they must be playing some "money saving" tricks on their laptops, that's why the Plug'n Play monitor did a max resolution of 969x769, that is the REAL resolution windows detected from your monitor, but it seems Toshiba is "tricking" their display drivers to a "virtual" 1024x768, even if that is NOT the real resolution.

18. Robynah

Robynah New Member

This is really easily solved... just turn on V-sync for open-GL.

:)

19. revolver1980

revolver1980 New Member

Hi to all!!! I need help with omega 56.72. When I try to set profile game, for example FSAA and Anisotropic filter I can't save my profile, I use quality set driver, how I can do? Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english,.

20. quasr

quasr New Member

Acer Aspire 1712SMi w/ Nvidia Geforce FX GO 5700

My notebook has an AGP chipset for the on board video but not for the Nvidia. Any more ideas I can try.