Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.5672

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 12, 2004.

1. NaTrIuM

NaTrIuM New Member

Doh... *slaps himself* So stupid I was :D

Thank you so very much, now I can play just anything :w00t:

2. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: Acer Aspire 1712SMi w/ Nvidia Geforce FX GO 5700

That's not what I mean, I mean, the MB of your laptop uses one of 4 chipset types: VIA, Nvidia, SiS or ALI
    You must get the latest drivers for your MB chipset and install them, those fix AGP errors with most recent drivers.

3. quasr

quasr New Member

Acer Aspire 1712SMi w/ Nvidia Geforce FX GO 5700

Hmmmm. Will look for new drivers. Who knows what manufacturer Acer went to for the motherboard. Thanks.

4. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Nice drivers... I just got rid of my venerable ti 4600 in exchange for a for a 9800 pro, and included your drivers on a cd to the guy I sold my card to. :)

5. quasr

quasr New Member

Acer Aspire 1712SMi w/ Nvidia Geforce FX GO 5700

A check of my specs revealed I have an Intel 865G chipset which is designed for a desktop even though I have a notebook. It appears I have version 5.0.1.1015. Any way to tell if that is the most current version? It also seems this chipset is for the onboard graphics, Extreme 2, which has been disabled to allow for the Nvidia card. Thanks.

6. quasr

quasr New Member

Acer Aspire 1712SMi w/Nvidia Geforce FX GO 5700

It appears Intel has a new driver version out for the 865G chipset. The Readme says "Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets. This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics card." Very confusing.

7. omnia45

omnia45 New Member

really love this nvidia omega driver (1.5672) but having problems with my Dell widescreen laptop inspiron (8600)
    everytime I set it to 1280+800 on each boot it reverts to 1024+768 and it is a pain to set it manually

maybe you can help me solve this problem by telling me where and what inf file I need to modify to correct this problem

Thanking you again for this great driver

PS my video card is Nvidia fx go 5650

8. runefire

runefire New Member

This is the 2nd time that nview isnt installed auto. I have to enable it manually on every boot and sometimes it just turns itself off.
    Don't become like MS or EA, release a COMPLETE product, please. Don't leave out features that has become standard today.

If this is just me..... very sorry.

9. MGeaR356

MGeaR356 New Member

i am still using 15053 omega drivers as its the only driver that solves my pc problem..
    if i use 1.5672 and those beta drivers i will get random auto refresh, which looks like when i set different refresh rate, there is a moemnt of "black out"

i am getting this like once every 2-3 mins while i am surfing the net, chatting or etc..

the funny thing is this does not happen when i am playing games like warcraft 3 or NFS underground..

i am using abit kr7a mobo , leadman 300w PSU and gainward 5900 non-xt version.

Tried to reformat windows but still have same problem.

is there a remedy for it ? like using 15053's 2d driver while using 1.5672's 3d drivers?

10. Cross

Cross New Member

Ok, I have tried the Omega drivers on my VPR 185A Laptop and they just leave me with a dark screen. I have a Gefore4 Go 420 w32mb. I can hear the windows start up but thats it. So if you tell me where to send the inf to and where to find it for these drivers I will send it to you.

11. mobilenvidia

mobilenvidia New Member

Runefire,

Use Notepad.exe to edit the INF, go down to the section called [nv_ControlPanelSettings]
    Now look for a line with this : HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,"nwiz",,"nwiz.exe /install"
    Now replace with this : HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","nwiz",,"nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect"

What might be happening is nView is not staying loaded (/keeploaded).
    Reinstall driver with you just modified INF.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  12. mobilenvidia

mobilenvidia New Member

Cross,

Use Notepad.exe to edit the INF, that came with Omega driver:
    Try removing these lines from the section headed [Mobile_Tweaks]
    These arn't really needed and can cause problems with some laptops, most of the above are OEM specific settings.
    Uninstall old driver then install it again with the newly modified INF.
    Hopefully no black screen.

What is your actual make of your laptop, as certain makes have little quirks ie Medion, and Toshiba's

Pieter.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  13. mobilenvidia

mobilenvidia New Member

Omnia45,

Try editing the INF with Notepad.exe or similar text editor.
    Look for section headed [Mobile_Tweaks], now look for the line : HKR,, WidePanelBehavior, %REG_DWORD%, 0x11
    Try changing the 0x11 to 0x31.

Reinstall driver and hopefully the 1280x800 will stick now, once again these are OEM specific settings and can vary what they do do between Make and even Models.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

14. omnia45

omnia45 New Member

Hi Pieter
    Thanks for replying

tried modifying the inf files but no luck still reverts back to 1024*768
    may have something to do with the Dell widescreen and driver conflict

I have found another driver from Toshiba and this is for the Fx Go 5700 video card and this works fine
    (my card is a Fx Go 5650 and it now shows up as a 5700 ?? ) I'll stick to this driver for the moment and wait for the next release from Omega

Thank you again for your help

omnia45

15. omnia45

omnia45 New Member

forgot to mention the driver number

its 56.87

omnia45

16. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

Checkerboarding and graphical glitches occur in the game Far Cry when using the performance drivers. All settings on medioum except texture, world detail, and water detail on high at 1024x768.

Running GeForceFX 5900 128mb non-ultra clocked at 467/982. Have switched back to nvidia 61.77 drivers and no problems occur.

17. jamd

jamd New Member

Hi - I have recently upgraded to a Fx5700 ultra. Other specs:
    P4 2.66
    512 mb ram
    sb live 5.1
    Lg 17 inch lcd monitor
    I have tried and tested every nvidia driver from 53.03 up and had settled on 56.64 as the best overall perfomance and stability- ( 61.77 was good but no matter how hard i tried it would not save my clock and memory settings after rebooting).Looking at getting in peak performance for Doom3 arrival someone told me about the latest Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.5672. I have installed these (performance version) and they look pretty good. The colours are richer and sharper and stability seems ok. I have tested with about a dozen games but only found a problem with 2 - At the start of unreal and the intro level of quake 3 arena i get horrizontal lines accross the screen - a bit like multiple tear lines or shimmering lines. I set vertical sync on in the nvidia settings tab with no difference.This is particularly bad in q3 arena - which is a shame as the colour difference is also really notiable in this game. Is there a workaround or solution to this? - thanks for any help.
    One other question - if i leave "no overclocking" checked in the clock frequencies tab the settings show a "standard 2d" setting with a clock frequency of 300mhz. it is only if i check manual overclocking that the performance 3d tab is enabled and my clock frequency is then shown as 475mhz.(which is the system setting for my card).
    Does this mean that if i use all default frequencies with no overclocking that my card is running at 300mhz?- if this is the case it is effectively running well underclocked.

18. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

I might give the omega drivers a try again as I have been playing doom III for a couple days, however I still play Far Cry so it is not an option right now.

Anyway Doom III is running at 800x600 on high detail on my computer:
    AMD XP 1800+
    512mb pc2100 ram
    GeForceFx 5900 128mb 61.77 drivers

freezes for a second when entering new areas opening doors etc, having 1 gig of ram would help me out but ill wait until i also upgrade CPU. My system runs it good enough for single player. High detail over high resolution because it just looks better and since combat is indoors and not over far distances high res isnt a biggy. Very good graphics. The 3D models actuallly seem to be fairly low poly compared to other games, however they appear more detailed because of normal mapping. But you can looking at the angled triangular edges you can tell the model isnt overly high on polys.

19. MetallicA

MetallicA New Member

Is this Omega driver thing only for notebooks? I installed the performance part of it on my computer and my fps is still the same (around 40 in MOHAA). I have a GeForce FX 5600XT 128Mb and no matter what i do to the resolution and the details of the game my fps wont go any higher at all. With UT2004 my fps is around 20 and thats low! :mad: And also after using the Omega Driver for a while my screen started to flicker in MOHAA so i had to remove it. If the driver wont make my fps a little better can anyone tell me what i have to do to get a better fps.

20. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

No it's for any nvidia card. I think he recently updated it to work with ntoebooks better or something along those lines tho.

IN Medal of Honor are u trying to say like ur getting 40 fps with high resolution and 40fps in low resolution? Vsync will lset a maximum so it matches your monitors refresh rate, but 40hz would be extremely extremely low and unlikely. What are your other system specs? Were games this slow with reference drivers compared to the Omega ones?