Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.5672

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 12, 2004.

1. MetallicA

MetallicA New Member

I have a Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512 MB RAM, and i have Windows XP Home on it. I turned down the resolution to the lowest it can go and turned the texture detail and everything down to "lowest" and my fps was around 40 and like 95 when i looked straight at the ground. Then i turned resolution to 1024 x 768 and turned all the details to "max" and i also turned color depth to 32 bit and the fps was unchanged. The same thing is with UT2004 but the fps is like 15 to 20 and no matter what i do it wont go up unless u look at a wall or the ground. my screen right now is running at 75 Hertz and i've had this low fps even before i tried the Omega Driver. And one more thing since I tried the Omega Driver some textures in UT2004 turn orange and red colors and the texture looks really weird I can send you a screenshot if you dont know what im talking about.

2. synapsed

synapsed New Member

NEW QUESTION

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 -P4m 2.2GHz, 512MB ddr ram, GeForce4 4200 Go- and I just update from the original drivers that were about a year old to the newest omega. Everything seems to work correctly except when the screen turns off (i.e. power save settings) it is actually staying on displaying an almost black screen. There are also lightly visible lines and borders in terms of the shades of black. Side note: when a screen saver, like the WinXP default screen saver, is on the background is more black than when the screen "turns off". Please help me if you can. :confused:

3. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, the thing is that I guarantee GO compatibility, not full funtionality, that would be impossible since every laptop is different, maybe the next set will fix it, but as I said, I'm not sure, I only hope.

4. synapsed

synapsed New Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. :)

5. MetallicA

MetallicA New Member

What is that clock frequency thing??? if i turn it up does it make my video card faster???My fps is humiliating... :tears:

6. Draco_32

Draco_32 New Member

Hi i am having a problem with these drivers and DVD playback. It only happens with a few dvd's it seems the error i am getting in power dvd is your tv tuner is operating incorrectly. i was woundering if there was a way you could disable the tvtuner part of the card with these drivers to enable playback.

Thanks

7. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

Another solid set man. I put these on my Wife and Sons system and she noticed the IQ right off the bat. You have to understand, it's rare for her to notice such things. When I bumped her FSB from 166 to 200 with an 11.5 multi she said it seemed the same in her games. My Son and I could see the difference though. :D

8. schwret

schwret New Member

Hello, I have a problem. I a BFG 5950 Ultra. Will this driver functioning with this?????

9. NudgeyNR

NudgeyNR New Member

Just installed the latest omega nvidia drivers 5672a and now my monitor cannot go past 1024x768 when my monitor (digital PCXBV-YC) goes upto 1280x1024. Have been using it in that res for a few years without a problem. Any ideas on this problem ?? also have never used drivers on this monitor, has always worked upto that res until this driver version..

10. Induna

Induna New Member

I've had this driver installed for a week now. No problems with games or DVD playback.

However, the problem I do have is with Windows Explorer crashing. Basically it happens when I go into a folder and click on a file (mp3, avi, mpg, exe usually). Explorer crashes and goes back to the desktop whilst the file continues to play. I've noticed the little nVidia icon in the system tray disappears also. Any ideas?

Specs: GeForce4 ti4200 on a VIA KT600 chipset, XP Pro + SP1. I use the latest 4.49 4in1 VIA chipset drivers.

11. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean "problem" or "question"? have you tried the driver and it didnt work or are you unsure about installing the set on your card?

12. scarecrow1f9

scarecrow1f9 New Member

I've had some sort of issue running planetside with the latest set that I don't see with the same stock driver version. Everything that isnt a solid bitmap (everything except sky, etc) is pure white.

These drivers ran great for me otherwise. Any idea on what the culprit could be? I have a 5600XT.

13. XTA

XTA New Member

Im having proboblem with the latest omega 115672 i cant make my desktop to run in 1200*900 but i can wit the older ones 115303 any ideas? it says something like that custom resolucion cannot be added :(

14. MetallicA

MetallicA New Member

Make sure you have fog table emulation enabled in the Direct 3D settings. Some games don't run well without that. I have 5600XT too.:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  15. phoenixreborn

phoenixreborn New Member

I'm looking forward to the next version. I've got it on my Geforce 4 right now, and with overclocking, it's getting a score of 6777 from 3DMark 2001 SE. I've got it overclocked to 325 core and 420 memory (then again, I've got a fan on the card). Oh, and just out of curiosity, I'm running Windows XP SP2.

16. (A.S.S)SL()tH

(A.S.S)SL()tH New Member

I just got a 5900 Ultra(FREE:lol: ) I started out with the drivers that came with it 4.4.0.3 is what it says under driver details. It worked quite well. So naturally I wanted better:duh: . I put the these Omega drivers on and then I wasn't able to play UT2k4 at all, the game started, but once I got in it just sat there.

Had the same problems with the newest drivers from Nvidia. I used Driver Cleaner between each change.

Previously had an ATI 9200SE installed.

MY QUESTION: Anybody else have a 5900Ultra working with these drivers??

I am only getting 2540 3dmark03 scores...BTW In game seemed better before I tried changing drivers at all.

System
    p4 1.7 4x AGP
    1 gig PC2100 Ram
    60 GIG HD 70% full

17. Standup_Pittman

Standup_Pittman New Member

Doom 3 wont work anymore, dont no why. Seems to be a problem with opengl games. Everytime i go to open it says "Doom 3 has encountered a serious error" and it shuts down. Other than that these are some pretty impressive drivers. Keep up the good work.
    BTW my system is
    fx5200
    2.8gig p4
    512meg

18. kaldak

kaldak New Member

I have an almost identical Dell (except its 2.4 GHz) and i'm experiencing the same problem. Also the computer seems to have trouble coming back from sleep mode with this driver. Now of course i'm extremely grateful that you took the time to make this great driver, and i understand it cant be perfect, but i was wondering if you might have some idea of a solution to this problem? I dont like leaving my screen on for extended periods of time when i leave my computer downloading or running other automated processes as i'd like to preserve the screen, yet the nVidia drivers dont work for this card and the Dell ones are more than a year old and showing it. Many games dont work correctly with them, and i'm quite excited that your drivers do allow me to play these games. I suppose for now i'll be switching back and forth between drivers...though thats not very fun...

19. chaseacej

chaseacej New Member

First i would like to say the driver works great good job on it.

I am having the same problem as synapsed execpt i wouldnt call it a black screen. For me its like when i close the lid it will start turning the screen white very slowly until the whole screen looks like its been flooded with white pixels.

I have the same setup basically
    2.6ghz
    512mb ddr
    geforce4 4200 go
    dell inspiron 8500 vbmenu_register("postmenu_421133", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_421133", true);

20. kern802

kern802 New Member

I also have a Dell Inspiron 8500 with an nVidia GeForce4 4200 Go. I installed the 1.5672 drivers and can confirm that the Power Scheme setting Turn of Monitor does not work properly. I also have the above mentioned problem with System Standby. When the laptop comes out of Standby mode, the display refuses to turn back on. At that point, the only option is to turn off the laptop.