Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.6177

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 15, 2004.

1. mike2h

mike2h New Member

there are only the 2 choices. if iq is your priority go with the quality. you will lose a few fps but nothing that should effect your gameplay. did not for me anyway.
    if you are into high fps & scared you might miss that kill/or be killed then go for the performance. iq should be about the same as standard drivers but with increase in performance. at least that has been my experience with omegas drivers.
    hope that was what you were looking for.

2. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Yep thank you! I'm really wondering about how the devil to Benchmark these babies though, as the 3dm suite takes a hit with his drivers but games usually play better, I need a benchmark for Tribes Vengeance....

3. mike2h

mike2h New Member

just play! if you are interested i ran a d3 timedemo with the quality vers. i have a gt running at ultra speed. game set to 1280x1024, ultra quality setting, everything turned to highest, & 2x aa. averaged about 60fps. turned aa to 4x & dropped 3fps. so that is a no brainer.
    the iq is stunning. actually getting myself killed because i am 'sightseeing to much.:)

4. fgmg

fgmg New Member

Great drivers omega, however I am encountering one odd problem.

I have a Geforce 6800GT and whenever I play movies at full screen I get this strange effect, as if the movie were extremely interlaced (or someone turned on deinterlacing when source isn't interlaced?). The movie is filled with lines all around moving objects. Movies played within a window does not exhibit this problem.

This problem only occurs with the Omega drivers and when using the DVI connector. When using reference drivers or the analog connector, everything looks fine. And if it matters, I am using a Dell 2001fp as my LCD, so it's not the monitor, as I am using the analogy and DVI connector on the same monitor. Also it doesn't matter what resolution I set the monitor to, if I play the movie full screen there will be this problem.

It's probably some silly registry setting that needs to be toggled off, however, since I'm not too familiar with the registry settings for the nvidia drivers, I don't know where to begin looking.

5. PiMpHaND

PiMpHaND New Member

Love your drivers omega!! but i have this problem....no matter what game i play(Medal of honor, Enemey Territory, Matrix Online) my screen flickers when i go into areas with a somewhat low fps(didnt do this with nVIDIA drivers)...i have the nVIDIA Geforce Fx5200 and i installed your performance settings.......i noticed right away, an increase in gameplay! very smooth. But this problem with flickering(horizontal lines accross the game screen) makes the game unplayable. i would really like to get this fixed so i can use your wonderful drivers! Can anyone out there help me out(and yes i uninstalled my other drivers before installing the omegas)? Thanx!

6. lawley

lawley New Member

Hi i have the same problem as the guy above, I downloaded the latest omega drivers for my Pixelview geforce fx5700 256mb, mainly for my favourite game wolfenstein enemy territory so i could hopefull improve my fps but when i move the person i get this odd flickering which shows the insides of walls its strange realy because when i take a screenshot it shows none of the dodgy grahics at all and takes a perfect screenshot :confused: any ideas on what i have to do or should i go back to using the official nvidia drivers ?

7. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Does the flicker problem happens with the official 61.77 drivers?
    Do all games exibit this or only OGL games?
    Is the screen flickering as a WHOLE or just some parts of the image?
    Are you running programs like Messenger on the background while playing?

8. ronnn

ronnn New Member

I am waiting for an Asus ti 4200 to arrive. Am using for a kids machine, but would like to run d3 if possible. So are these drivers any good for that card, or should I use something older? Also this card has some asus fan control options and some vid stuff - will this work with omega drivers or am I stuck with Asus support? Thanks

ps The Omega beta ATI drivers are working great on my 9700pro.

9. Cuban_D

Cuban_D New Member

I'm having the same problem as lawley. From what I can tell it seems to only happen in OGL games without VSync. Turning on VSync in these games fixes the flicker problem. I have no problems running D3D apps. My video card is a GeForce Fx5700 GO 64MB.

10. madx

madx New Member

I to have the same flickering problem with Doom 3, turning vsync on stops the problem. It could be an OpenGL problem since Doom 3 is OpenGL. The Problem does not accur with the official 61.77.

11. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

That's because the official drivers have v-sync enabled by default, mine have it disabled. ;)

12. mike2h

mike2h New Member

how come you turn it off?

13. Paladine

Paladine New Member

Yeah, what does VSync really do?

I was having the same problems, with the Omega Drivers in Doom3, as well as a really bad issue of poor performance with Halo (not that big of a deal for me). But I am curious why does VSync fix this?

14. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

At last I can play CS:S without f-king so much for low frame rate. Thanks a lot!

15. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

It synchronizes rendering speed to Your monitor`s refresh rate, so game won`t 'jump' because of more frames rendered than monitor can support.

16. veselu

veselu New Member

Hi everyone!

Omega please put a ftp based link!!!

Thanks!

17. herates

herates New Member

fan always on prob

hello,
    first great work u r doing.
    but i have 2 littlr probs u can help me.
    your driver allow me to overclock my fx 5300 and set my gpu fan to work all the time.
    but after restart the settings changed to default.
    how can i change this?
    thx

18. ReV smokey255

ReV smokey255 John Kerry of video cards

are these worth getting for my 6800gt and what drivers should i get

19. domido

domido New Member

anyone plays FarCry with these? SOme Experiences compared to Official 61.77 ??

20. Nagual

Nagual New Member

Hi,
    I´ve just downloaded NFSU2 demo, and after installing it I keep getting the "Underground 2 Demo has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. I have DX9.0c + WinXP Pro + SP1 + Nforce 5.10 + "Omega 1.6177[Q]", all are up-to-date. On the other hand I can play, even if it´s slow, FAR CRY, FIFA 2005, DOOM III, etc, without problems, so I think the issue is not hardware related.
    My specs: AthlonXP 1700+, Asus A7N266-VM, 256MB DDR400, Gforce MX400, Seagate 80GB, that meet the minimum requirements to play the game. I have downloded the demo again but it was useless.
    Could it be an Omega issue ? I don´t wanna use regular Forcewares.
    Can anybody help ?
    Thanks in advance !