Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.6177

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Duszolap

Duszolap New Member

Hello!
    I have very similar system confoguration as yours (the same mobo, graphic card) and i've also changed from 56.72 to new omega, unfortunately with the same result. Can somebody explain me what has changed or maybe what could i do wrong, because reinstallation several times, cleaning registry etc always come to the same result - easily noticable slowdown compared to 56.72 omegas. Thx in advance:)

2. tytus

tytus New Member

no screen at <1024x768!

Hi with the last omega drivers installed I can't play ANY games at 640 and 800 resolutions! :mad: The screen results blank with the yellow light on the monitor but the sound is ok, I hear the music of the games. If I set 1024 or more then all is ok!
    Which could be the reason of this problem? :confused: It's important because I have only a GeForce 420MX :oops: so I can't play all the games at higher resolutions.

Thanx in advance.

3. Nagual

Nagual New Member

May be your monitor is not being properly recognized. If so, unplug the tower for some moments and start it again, or update the driver.
    Good luck !

4. fgmg

fgmg New Member

Ok, after a lot of trying and retrying various inf settings, I finally found out what is causing my problems. The only problem is that I have no idea what the setting does.

Anyways, if i remove the line:
    HKR,, OverlayMode3, %REG_DWORD%, 0x10400001
    from OMG_DISP.INF (quality or performance), then everything seems to work fine.

Again, since I don't know what this registry key does, nor do I know how to modify it so it properly works, I cannot recommend a better setting.
    But hopefully omega knows how what's going on and will fix it.

Anyways, for those of you who do use DVI, I would suggest removing this line from the .inf file to have full screen videos display properly. If anyone can suggest a better change than just removing the line, it would be much appreciated. Or at least what this setting does and what the value effects.

From what i can tell, ingame performance is not hampered, though I play that many games nor do I use benchmark tools to measure driver performance.

5. tytus

tytus New Member

my moniotor is correctly identified by windows...

6. XRogerX

XRogerX New Member

Setting

Hello all im new to the form i have 1 question for you all, i installed the Omega Drivers 6177 i detected freqs. and apply them and where it says (APPLY THESE SETTING AT STARTUP) i put the checkmark in it but when i reboot i have to do it over again ,why does the checkmark come out

Thank You XRogerX:(

7. píerobon

píerobon New Member

Hey, Im new in this forum, and I have a big trouble with the new drivers...
    I am a Battle Field 1942 Player, and when I updated the drivers, I get a big surprise: the watter in the game becamed green with this new version... do someone know the cause of this??

8. Izeman

Izeman New Member

Hi guys! I'm new here. How's it going?

I have a little problem with latest Omega drivers for NVidia cards.

I'm running an Acer laptop with a GeForce FX 5700 Go; I was running previous versions of Omega drivers with no problems, but after I installed Omega Drivers V.61.77 I began experiencing this one.
    When the notebook is shut down for some time (let's say half an hour) and hten I turn it on, Acer logo shows up normally, as does Windows loading screen, but then logon panel (using Windows XP Home with SP2) doesn't show up: the screen displays vertical colored bands and vertical lines, though the computer isn't stuck. It's just a display issue. Logon panel is right where it should be, but display is crap.
    The only way to make it work is then hardware shut down the PC (meaning I keep power button pushed down until the laptop shuts down) and then reboot. Then display works fine until the PC is again turned off for some time.
    If I reboot the PC or keep it turned off just for a couple of minutes, then the problem doesn't show up.
    I tried this with both Performance and Quality drivers.
    Overclocking is NOT turned on.

I think the problem lies in video chipset initialization when Windows starts; can't understand why only hardware turn off and reboot solves the problem, though. If I reboot or turn off the computer from the crappy-displayed logon screen (using keyboard and my memory :p ), I still get nonsense vertical bands over and over. I have to make a hardware shutdown to solve the problem for that session.
    Does someone have a suggestion? I'd be glad if you could help me.

9. algabra

algabra New Member

Standby bug solved?

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M10 laptop with GeForce 4 Go 420. I have tried previous Omega-drivers and have troubles with standby.

When the laptop resume after standby, a white screen with clouds and I can't do anything with the laptop but press the powerbutton.

Is this standy bug solved in this version? (I will try this version)

10. Eraider

Eraider New Member

Video textured lines?

Hi,

I just downloaded this driver (Nvidia Omega drivers v1.6177); and, my games are jerking or displaying textured jittering.

Is there an update to this version?

Thank you.

11. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

i'm having the same problem here , no there isn't any update for us poor nvidia cards owners

12. jor

jor New Member

Thanks for these drivers. They are the first drivers for my Nvidia card since Detonator 56.72 that do not force a crash to bios when running any directx games, and the performance in HL2 is the best I've had ever.

You have a small donation as thanks :)

13. Dr!v3r

Dr!v3r New Member

Problem

Hi I'm new in this forum and a new user of the omega driver.
    It is a very nice work, it boosted my pc while playing thief:deadly shadows, but I'm having a problem with far cry. I lost the textures and i see almost everything in blue, it did not happen with my old driver... Can anyone help me, plz? I don't know where the problem is... Thx

14. Iridium

Iridium New Member

I believe that these Omega drivers are based on the older 61.77 drivers. You would be better off using a more up to date version vs. these older Omega's. He does great work, but just doesn't release his version of the Nvidia drivers too often.

15. Dr!v3r

Dr!v3r New Member

Thx but where can i get the more up to date version?

16. Iridium

Iridium New Member

There is no more up to date version of omega drivers that I am aware of. Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my reply. I meant a more up to date like Nvidia's Forceware 71.20 beta drivers. Or the official Forceware 66.93 drivers. There is a link to the beta's in this forum and the officials can be d'led from Nvidia's website.

17. groovyjoker

groovyjoker New Member

Half Life 2 Stutters

I feel the pain of some of the Nvidia card owners...

I run a Nvidia Geforce 5950 Ultra
    System: Asus SK8V MB, 1 GIG RAM, 2x180 WD Serial Raid in a zero config, 180 WD External, GeFX-51 CPU, blah blah.

So I can handle Doom 3, Far Cry, Half Life 2, UT2k4, Splinter Cell 2, without a hitch.

All ran just fine until I put in the Omega Drivers. UT2k4 seemed about the same. Painkiller the same (but hey, its not really a testable game), but Halfe Life Two is another story. It became unplayable. Stuttered. Not flickering - the game stuttered, and the more you played the worse it got. This is the second time we have played it - and it rocked on our previous drivers :w00t:

I have Steam and other background crap shut down.
    I lowered the in-game settings, but that did not stop the problem.

I will rollback the drivers today since we want to move on with Half Life 2, but I am interested in finding out if anyone else has this problem? If I knew what to fix, I could handle it and reinstall the drivers.

18. madx

madx New Member

I'm using Omega latest (1.6177) playing Half Life 2, no problems using an FX 5700 Ultra. All settings max runs smooth.

19. d00minik

d00minik New Member

Omega 61.77 and 6600gt

HI!

I have an Sparkle 6600GT and have installed the Omega Drivers from the website. Because the original drivers don`t run.
    But I have big graphic problems in HL² and Farcry....

Is the driver compatible with the 6600gt?
    Which do I have to take?

THX! Bye!

20. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

I dunno if those support the 6x00 series or not, give the zer0point drivers a shot, or if you like, PM me and I'll send you a modified copy of Omega's INF to add 6x00 card support if it is indeed not there (I'd go look, but I'm on my mom's PC for now :()