Nvidia speak out about the Windows 7 launch

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 22, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Windows 7 has been a really popular release for Microsoft, which was a much needed respite after the outcry that rained down from the heavens after Vista was launched. I still feel there is nothing much wrong with Vista, but clearly im in the minority!

Nvidia recently spoke to us about the Windows 7 release and Brian Burke said "Windows 7 marks a dramatic improvement in the way the Windows operating system takes advantage of the GPU, using it for both graphics and computing through the GPU-accelerated Microsoft DirectCompute API. This enables not only more visual and interactive experiences but also the speed and responsiveness that customers want. We have worked closely with Microsoft on Windows 7 for several years now and we are confident that our mutual customers will be very pleased with the results.

We consider DirectCompute a tremendous opportunity to broaden the reach of GPU Computing. We believe DirectCompute will take GPU computing from a niche to the mainstream by making this technology available to the millions of users of the Windows 7 operating system.

NVIDIA is also very excited about DirectX 11. It will be the API of choice for some of the top gaming titles starting in 2010. NVIDIA’s recently announced DirectX 11 Fermi architecture will be well aligned with these new gaming titles. But, Power Gaming with Windows 7 extends beyond new visual effects. Today’s gamers demand more interactive experiences and the technologies that make up Power Gaming are set to deliver a new level of immersion that will transform the gaming industry for years to come, such as NVIDIA 3D Vision, NVIDIA PhysX, and NVIDIA SLI."

You can read their support releases over here

2. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

let's hope for nvidia users that nvidia creates good stable drivers for Win7 ...

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

and.... and not take 6 months to a year to make the widely available...

But seeing how very similare windows 7 is to vista.. they shouldn't have much of a problem as they already have win7 drivers out that work fine

4. DJ BIG T

DJ BIG T DH FaN BoY

with vista they wanted you to buy new cards that were vista to make more money but people got mad..

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Well they first blamed vista.. then kept stumbling on producing a working driver... and then hee and hawed for months over it and kept releasing garbage and then jumped on the band wagon that vista was a hunk of crap so why produce a working driver for it.... and so on and so forth...

Interesting considering that they were the first to demonstrate DX10 in all it's glory... yet the last one to produce a working solution for people.

6. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Yeah well there are plenty of reasons that I have had ATi graphics in my computers all through the vista stage. This whole issue being one of the main reasons. And of course the other reason being that its all I put in my own computers but hey whatever.