Nvidia's Dawn striptease

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsFactory, Apr 12, 2003.

1. NewsFactory

NewsFactory News Guru

Just spotted this at Warp2search.net

Apparently Digital-Daily.com have worked out How to make Nvidia's Dawn Elf Lass do a striptease :D

[​IMG]

2. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

heh, thats awesome!

3. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

YEAH

the ONLY reason to buy a fx card ;)

4. misae

misae New Member

digital-life do not deserve ANY mention whatsoever as they did not do anything

5. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

Re: YEAH

Exactly, cuz who'd want to see a nude-chimp! LMAO !!!

6. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Not too shabby... I've seen better though :D
    Here's a nice big shot:
    [​IMG]
    Somehow, her left elbow looks rather strange... :hmm:

7. SupaBeast

SupaBeast New Member

Doesn't work with my 9700 Pro... :(

8. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

It would be nice if someone made a regular card fix/patch or whatever so you don't have to use a GeForceFX to see it.

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I posted these over in the other thread- but I'll post them here to--

These were really difficult to get- took many hours. I had no camera control when getting ONE frame every 5 minutes-
    It took that long to render every frame because I was using my CPU to render them in NV30 emulate mode. Also because it was the Dawn ULTRA demo with 4x Antialiasing and 8x Anisotropic filtering. The JPEGS that are being uploaded really don't do the original bitmaps justice, but still pretty realistic.

I don' tunderstand why anyone would go through the trouble of taking a screenshot without having ALL the IQ settings maxed- Even more so when you have a GFFX- so I maxed the settings out and waited 5 minutes for each frame- whew- I could have had some much better ones but I didn't know my Screenshot program was even working when I took these - more of a guess. Anyway- a few of these came out really good.

420- you can do this on your rig too- all you need is the demo, the nude patch, the NV30 emulator script patch, fraps 1.9c, and a shitload of patience.

The bitmaps show even more realism- some parts make you look twice, like you are looking at a photo of a real person (belly button area, legs).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  10. Cunnuk

Cunnuk New Member

Nvidia's new marketing ploy. "The #1 choice of computer perverts". Enough siad, I must go watch Dawn shake her booty. :p

11. amuro

amuro New Member

Sorry although I gotta give them credit for making the awesome Dawn Demo and then this patch comes out to make the Fairy naked, but it is still not enough for anyone to warrant the purchase of a GeForce FX, after it is losing to the ATI RADEON 9700Pro and the prototype and underclocked 9800Pro in the WHQL Certified Driver department performance.

I was far more impressed with the Matrox Reef Demo running on ATI Radeon 8500, 8800, 9700 and 9800 graphics cards using 3d Analize, since the Reef Demo is an actuall SCENE and not some branch with a Fairy and a 2d background.

I think its much better to skip both the NV30 and the NV35 since all the NV35 will be is a overclocked NV30 core.

I think it makes more sense to wait for the NV40 since by that time it will be a real improvement unless the R400 squashes it like a bug or Matrox comes out of no where with a Matrox G1000 MAX.

12. Dom

Dom New Member

Why would I want to watch a demo of a naked elf? You guys are sick. :D

13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

If that's what fairies look like I will take three.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

If you don't know WHY the Dawn demo is amazing, and you think an 8500 can do better, then you really don't know what you are talking about. I'm not an Nvidia nut, but I can appreciate very life-like graphics rendered in real time by one chip. How do you know what exact changes are going to be made to the NV35 and NV40? Do you have some inside connection?

15. misae

misae New Member

yea so life like Dawn has hairy tits.. LMAO

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

they are moles - where is har on them? I don't see any hair WTF?

17. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Originally posted by misae
    yea so life like Dawn has hairy tits.. LMAO

WTF are you talking of? :confused:
    I can't see any hairs on her tits:
    [​IMG]

18. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Well to someone that's never seen them for REAL before, Maybe misae just is angry at boobs in general? That is definately NOT hair--

19. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Originally posted by BWX232
    Well to someone that's never seen them for REAL before, Maybe misae just is angry at boobs in general? That is definately NOT hair--

Sounds reasonable - guess that's it :D
    Ok, I'm done now d/ling my very own Dawn (over Isdn :duh:) - now the peepshow can begin :w00t:

20. amuro

amuro New Member

I know why the Dawn demo is amazing I have seen it in realtime myself, however I felt cheated when I looked at the background and saw that it was 2 Dimensional and blurry 2d at that.

The GeForce FX Ultra Nv30 GPU is Nvidia's most advanced GPU yet but if the Dawn demo only shows a digital girl or multiple digital girls and a 3d branch of a tree, it should also show a fully 3d background as well, now that would be impresive.

I personally found the other GFFX demos like the 3d rusty car in a 3d garage to be more impresive than a 3d fairy on a 3d tree branch and a 2D background.

I also found Matrox's Reef Demo to be extremely impresive because not only is it a demo of a fully 3d reef with 3d fish, 3d plants, 3d water, 3d lighting, etc, it can also be used as a screen saver. And its even more amazing that an ATI 8500 using 3d Analize can run the reef demo as well.

And historicaly speaking the GeForce 2 was a faster version of the GeForce 256, the GeForce 3Ti was a new architecture and the GeForce 4Ti was faster version of the GeForce 3Ti.

So Nv30 = new GPU, Nv35 = faster version of Nv30 unless Nvidia performs a miracle of engineering and actually makes an all new GPU with the Nv35, the Nv40 is the only new architecture that Nvidia will make and will be the one that I will be interested in.

Just like Nvidia dominated the high end 3d card market with the GeForce 256 all the way to the GeForce 4TI, we all have to admit that Nvidia is not dominating the high end 3d card market with the GeForceFX and further proof lies with ATI having already shipped over a million DirectX9 3d cards making ATI the current and undisputed King of the high end 3d card market untill Nv35 or Nv40 shows up.

I also think that its disgracefull that Nvidia was found to be cheating with their drivers to get extra 3d Marks in 3dMark03 right after they announced that they do not support or have any belief in that benchmark and Nvidia got what they deserved for being arrogant with Futuremark requiring Nvida (and all other 3d card companies) to only test with WHQL certified drivers to get a real score.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003