Nvidia's Dawn striptease

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsFactory, Apr 12, 2003.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Funny you should say that as I am about to order a 9700 PRO!! <------Most of my posts will sound like that in some way shape or form for a few days, LOL

2. amuro

amuro New Member

I currently own an ATI FireGL Radeon 8800 BGA 128MB workstation graphics card, and a Matrox G400 Max 32MB and I use both for work and gaming.

My brother own a GeForce 3Ti 200 and a friend of mines uses a Nvidia Quadro DCC 64MB workstation card that equals to a GeForce 3Ti in GPU architecture but features specialized drivers and TSOP SGRAM I believe.

After using my ATI card and playing 3d games on my brother's and friend's cards and then seeing the current cards I personaly prefer waiting for the Nvidia Nv40 and ATI R400 as well as any other high end cards that may show up.

I would really preffer that those other 3d card companies come out and compete since I know that by September we will be seeing 256MB 3d cards at $399.99 or even lower and I preffer going for that instead of getting a higher power card with the same memory that I have.

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

My old 4200 that RMA'd stomps avery one of those cards-- those aren't fast- I like gaming w/ 4xAA and 4 or 8X AF enabled- at playable framrates-- I wouldn't wait if I were you- there are tons of really fast cards out there tight now for a lot less than the money you were talking about--

4. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Originally posted by amuro
    Just like Nvidia dominated the high end 3d card market with the GeForce 256 all the way to the GeForce 4TI, we all have to admit that Nvidia is not dominating the high end 3d card market with the GeForceFX and further proof lies with ATI having already shipped over a million DirectX9 3d cards making ATI the current and undisputed King of the high end 3d card market untill Nv35 or Nv40 shows up.

I agree that ATI currently has the performance crown, but apparently this was too much for them to digest so they got all arrogant with a nasty attitude :duh: Claiming on the one hand side to already have shipped over a million cards, but on the other hand saying, "Hey, we are the kings, our cards already sell that well here in Canada and the US, we don't need that $hitty European market, so f*ck off Europeans, you're not getting any!" Ok, they didn't say that, but that's no difference because that's what they're doing. Their DX9 cards are practically impossible to get over here (except 9700 Pro, which is still on tight supply and totally overpriced), and only right now (Mid April), the first cards are *starting* - the crappy 9500 non-Pro and the 9700 non-Pro, both of course still very rare and vastly overpriced. Still no sign of the 9500 Pro - you can only get the Hercules 9500 Pro from a few retailers for a price that's already beyond good and evil: 300€ (US$330) :hmm: What a rip-off.
    nVidia doesn't have such a rotten attitude and still cares for the European market. Their recent GF4 Ti 4800SE an 4800 cards already have broad avaiability, and their GF FX cards are now becoming avaiable as well. The 5200 cards are already avaiable since about 2 weeks, the 5600 cards since last week, and this week the 5800 cards are cropping up a several retailers (just saw a 5800 Ultra at a nearby retailer).
    If ATI continues like that, their arrogance will break them their neck (at least over here in Europe), because people are getting *really* disgruntled and getting nVidia cards instead.

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

:drool: me :drool: :D

6. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Titties:drool:

7. LukeK

LukeK New Member

you dont happen to work for Nvidia in disguise do you? I mean I have been reading your posts all over the board lately, and you redefine Nvidia Fanboy. suppose its good to see that here on DH, which seems to be primarily an ATI user base atm, but im not so sure alot of your posts make sense or seem to be that accurate.

8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

LOL:D

9. amuro

amuro New Member

So let me get this straight, you are mad at ATI because they are not marketing their cards in Europe and if they are available they are overpriced?

Um dude, I feel sorry for you if that is really happening, however if you really wanted to buy a graphics card you can always buy it on Ebay or online like everybody is doing nowadays.

Do your homework and review your budget before you buy a 3d card.

I live here in the U.S.A. and let me tell you, at stores that sell PC components such as graphics cards they are not giving them away, they are pretty expensive.

Further, I went to a couple of stores and they had the Nvidia GeForce 4Ti 4800 and 4600 on the shelves, but they had a sign where the ATI 9700Pro is supposed to be, saying and I quote "Please see an associate if you are interested in purchasing an ATI 9700Pro" meaning that people are going crazy trying to get these cards, that they are trying to steal them.

GeForceFX Ultra cards are a very rare sight here in U.S.A. stores because of the fact that Nvidia knows they are not going to sell as many as they want to take sales away from ATI's 9700Pro and the upcoming 9800Pro.

This does not mean that they are rare because people are buying up all the GFFXU cards, it means that Nvidia knows that they were caught lying with their enhanced drivers (for 3dMark03 high scores) right after they condemed and denounced 3dMark03 and Futuremark. Nvidia knows that most of the 3d card buying public relied on 3dmark2001SE for their purchase decisions, so Nvidia knows that the public knows about GFFXU's failiure to beat the 9700Pro and the 9800Pro in 3dMark03 with real WHQL certified drivers.

Workstation graphics cards are meant to be used with programs that need accuracy, stability, high image quality and specialized drivers, not high frames per second (although it helps).

The purpose of the newer workstation graphics cards like the Nvidia Quadro and the ATI FireGL8800, etc is to provide specialized drivers to be used with programs that use Open GL to make 3d objects or 2d objects, etc. but also newer programs are using DirectX as their API so that developers can make games easier and play the games they make on the same cards that they are working on.

The Nvidia GF 4200TI that you RMAd is meant for gaming however you can use some professional programs but they will not run stable or look as high in quality as a workstation card.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I have never tried this or even been interested in it, but can't you soft mod any of these cards w/ rivatuner to basically be a clone of the cards worksration counterpart? (quadro/fire)

pr- All my naked dawn pics ARE GONE!!-- The forum that I originally posted them on is down, hopefully it will be back up soon w/ the pics so everyone can see the fairy boobies once again.